|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marc Rich attend college?
(a) New York University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Yale University.
2. In Chapter 2, a rumor circulated that who had succumbed to a cerebral hemorrhage?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) The Pope.
(d) George Bush.
3. How much money did Marc Rich earn per week when he started working at Philipp Brothers?
4. The author writes in Chapter 6 that Rich was well aware that OPEC's demand for ______ would lead to an oil glut that the globe could not handle.
(a) More production.
(b) Less production.
(c) Trade embargoes.
5. Where did Marc Rich buy a luxury restaurant?
(b) New York.
6. Dapper Dan was the managing director of what company described in Chapter 2?
(a) Intertech Resources.
(b) Chemical Resources.
(c) Intel Resources.
(d) Metal Industrial Resources.
7. The author's description of Marc Rich in Chapter 6 states that the trader was demanding and unfair with underlings and displayed little personality and had no sense of what?
8. What metal did Marc Rich first begin trading at Philipp Brothers?
9. Where was the Vice President of the United States in Chapter 2?
(d) Great Britain.
10. Under what master mover of the precious metals did many of the new recruits work under the tutelage of at Philipp Brothers?
(a) Sam Fishman.
(b) Ali Rezai.
(c) Edmond Mantell.
(d) Pincus Green.
11. What building did Philipp Brothers occupy five floors of in New York?
(a) McGraw-Hill Building.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) World Trade Tower 1.
(d) 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
12. What was being sold, but was in short supply and not physically accessible in Chapter 2?
13. Traders of what trading company were busted by the FBI in 1981?
(a) Chemical Resources, Inc.
(b) Mineral Resources, Inc.
(c) Entergy Incorporated.
(d) Intertech Resources, Inc.
14. The trading community admired Rich because he was able to get around many what that stood in the way of many countries and their corporations?
(a) Rules and regulations.
(b) Reluctant buyers.
(c) Reluctant sellers.
(d) Market crashes.
15. Where was Marc Rich born?
(a) Antwerp, Belgium.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) New York, U.S.
(d) London, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marc Rich created an oil market that allowed customers to buy oil without having to do what?
2. What happened to the U.S. dollar in trading following the rumor's circulation in Chapter 2?
3. When was Philipp Brothers founded?
4. In what year did Marc Rich begin his career as a metal man?
5. What is the largest city in the German state of Hesse and the fifth-largest city in Germany?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)