|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes in Chapter 5 that during Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers there was no need for buy-outs or what?
(a) Freedom parades.
(c) Government regulation.
(d) Golden parachutes.
2. Where had there been no official release of the news of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) New York.
(b) The White House.
(c) Birmingham Castle.
(d) The Roman Cathedral.
3. Whom did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Mirta Díaz Balart.
(b) Denise Eisenberg.
(c) Angelina Davis.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
4. Marc Rich created an oil market that allowed customers to buy oil without having to do what?
(a) Deal directly with the oil companies.
(b) Transport the oil.
(c) Own oil tankers.
(d) Use bank loans.
5. When was Philipp Brothers founded?
6. What is the name of an oil cartel of twelve developing countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela?
7. What high school did Marc Rich attend?
(a) West Point Preparatory School.
(b) Wellesly Preparatory School.
(c) New York Preparatory School.
(d) Rhodes Preparatory School.
8. What happened to the U.S. dollar in trading following the rumor's circulation in Chapter 2?
(a) It began to drop.
(b) It held steady.
(c) It began to rise.
(d) It surged dramatically.
9. What happened to trading following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) Trading stood still.
(b) Trading escalated dramatically.
(c) Trading dropped dramatically.
(d) Trading dropped steadily.
10. After 15 years at the helm, the Philipps brothers' cousin and who were responsible for elevating Philipp Brothers to a powerful international trading force?
(a) Siegfried Ullman.
(b) Marc Rich.
(c) Pincus Green.
(d) Edmond Mantell.
11. What was the European center for the industrial trading market in the 1980s?
12. When did Rich became the manager of Philipp Brothers' Madrid office?
13. What is the name of Marc Rich's current estate, located on the shores of Lake Lucerne?
(a) "La villa rose."
(b) "Lucerne villa."
(c) "La villa bleu."
(d) "La villa blanc."
14. What publicly owned company did Philipp Brothers merge with in Chapter 5?
(a) Minerals & Chemicals Corporation.
(b) Entergy Corporation.
(c) Metals and Chemicals Corporation.
(d) Intertech Resources.
15. Where was the Vice President of the United States in Chapter 2?
(a) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did Marc Rich buy as a tax shelter to hide his massive cash assets?
2. What happened with Philipp Brothers' profits after their merger in Chapter 5?
3. Traders at Philipp Brothers were trained to move how in their dealings?
4. What metal did Marc Rich first begin trading at Philipp Brothers?
5. Where was Marc Rich born?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)