|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whose tutelage did Marc Rich begin working at Philipp Brothers?
2. The author writes that in the geographical location of Europe, one could buy a metal for one dollar from a Far Eastern customer and sell it for how much to a North American customer before the day ended?
3. What market did Marc Rich capture in Iran in Chapter 6?
4. What was the European center for the industrial trading market in the 1980s?
5. In what year did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
6. When was Philipp Brothers founded?
7. Where did Marc Rich's family settle in the United States?
(b) New York.
8. In what year did Marc Rich begin his career as a metal man?
9. What is the name of an oil cartel of twelve developing countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela?
10. Whom did Marc Rich marry, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Denise Eisenberg.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Angelina Davis.
(d) Mirta Díaz Balart.
11. Where had there been no official release of the news of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) The White House.
(b) Birmingham Castle.
(c) New York.
(d) The Roman Cathedral.
12. In Chapter 2, a rumor circulated that who had succumbed to a cerebral hemorrhage?
(a) The Pope.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
13. Marc Rich's new father-in-law in Chapter 5 was the chairman of what company?
(a) Bernlieb, Liebhard, and Watson.
(b) Goldman Sachs.
(c) Keds, Inc.
(d) Desco, Inc.
14. Under what master mover of the precious metals did many of the new recruits work under the tutelage of at Philipp Brothers?
(a) Pincus Green.
(b) Edmond Mantell.
(c) Sam Fishman.
(d) Ali Rezai.
15. Marc Rich's family moved to the U.S. from fear of what?
(a) The Nazi Regime.
(b) The Fascist Regime.
(c) The Spanish Civil War.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metal did Marc Rich first begin trading at Philipp Brothers?
2. Where did Marc Rich attend college?
3. What does the author write that investors were not aware that every industry in the world was driven by in Chapter 1?
4. The author writes in Chapter 5 that being advanced at trading merely required the ability to tame the furies of what?
5. Where was the Vice President of the United States in Chapter 2?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)