|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robbie Lichtenstern was Rich's chief of what?
2. What term refers to a "source of emulation," also known as a Grand Ayatollah in Twelver Shi'a Islam?
3. In what year did Marc Rich AG, Marc Rich International and Clarendon Limited all plead guilty to a multitude of charges including tax evasion and making false statements to the federal government?
4. In what year does the author write in Chapter 6 that oil prices began to dictate market value?
5. What was the greatest problem facing Philipp Brothers and their trading of oil?
(a) Finding buyers.
(b) Storage and transportation.
(c) Governmental controls.
(d) Finding sellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was there a growing awareness of the creeping power of the Ronald Reagan dollar, which was gaining fiscal strength over European currencies?
2. By the end of the year in Chapter 16, Marc Rich had how many assets frozen by the U.S. government?
3. How many of the forty sought-after metals were traded openly?
4. What high school did Marc Rich attend?
5. What did Marc Rich begin shipping from the Philippines in Chapter 10?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)