|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
(a) Their wages.
(b) The lack of buyers.
(c) Their lack of freedom.
(d) Their bonuses.
2. Under whose tutelage did Marc Rich begin working at Philipp Brothers?
3. What happened to trading following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
(a) Trading dropped steadily.
(b) Trading escalated dramatically.
(c) Trading stood still.
(d) Trading dropped dramatically.
4. Marc Rich's family moved to the U.S. from fear of what?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) The Fascist Regime.
(c) The Nazi Regime.
(d) World War I.
5. Who raided the offices of Philipp Brothers at gunpoint in Chapter 10?
(a) A Philippine uranium mine owner.
(b) An Argentinean copper mine owner.
(c) A Philippine chromium mine owner.
(d) A Brazilian mercury mine owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Marc Rich lose because his employee hoarded tin too long in Chapter 12?
2. When did Rich became the manager of Philipp Brothers' Madrid office?
3. Marc Rich's new father-in-law in Chapter 5 was the chairman of what company?
4. Who was never comfortable with oil trade because it was a segment of the market that was controlled by forces outside of Philipp Brothers?
5. How much money did Marc Rich spend on the decor of the lobby of his new office alone in Chapter 12?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)