|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Rich became the manager of Philipp Brothers' Madrid office?
2. Marc Rich wanted to do what before leaving Philipp Brothers in Chapter 7?
(a) Get a million dollar bonus.
(b) Take Pinky's job.
(c) Cause major damage.
(d) Take Jesselson's job.
3. The scam which drove the rumor in Chapter 2 was intended to raise the prices of what?
(a) Magnesium and silver.
(c) Gold and the U.S. dollar.
(d) Silver and gold.
4. Who encouraged Marc Rich to quit college and become a trader?
(a) Michael Skawinski.
(b) James Miller.
(c) Henry Kissinger.
(d) Henry Rothschild.
5. In what year did Rich find himself badly in need of a tax shelter in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the rumor circulate in Chapter 2?
2. What company did Marc Rich buy as a tax shelter to hide his massive cash assets?
3. Under whose tutelage did Marc Rich begin working at Philipp Brothers?
4. Marc Rich was able to parlay his friendship with the Iranian broker into meaningful associations with whom?
5. Who is surmised to have given the orders to initiate the rumor in Chapter 2?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)