|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rich's chief operations officer for which offices was found murdered in Chapter 13?
2. What was being sold, but was in short supply and not physically accessible in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 8, where was the company constructing an Iranian power plant that Rich agreed to finance?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
4. The author writes in Chapter 5 that during Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers there was no need for buy-outs or what?
(b) Government regulation.
(c) Golden parachutes.
(d) Freedom parades.
5. Where did Rich create a holding company before buying 50 percent of the voting stock of the corporation he purchased in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes in Chapter 1 that metal trading was a shadowy world in which huge amounts of money were traded and, to play in that arena, one had to be "extremely smart, stupid or " what?
2. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the world when they used the "oil weapon" during the Yom Kippur War by implementing oil embargoes and initiating an oil crisis in what year?
3. What did Rich decide Philipp Brothers needed which would serve as a tax advantage and also allow the company to save money in Chapter 7?
4. After 15 years at the helm, the Philipps brothers' cousin and who were responsible for elevating Philipp Brothers to a powerful international trading force?
5. What did Marc Rich begin taking in Chapter 6 to manage his weight?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)