|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the European center for the industrial trading market in the 1980s?
2. In what year did the rumor circulate in Chapter 2?
3. With what were the traders who were busted by the FBI in 1981 charged?
(a) Money laundering and embezzlement.
(b) Fraud and grand larceny.
(c) Money laundering and grand larceny.
(d) Fraud and embezzlement.
4. What building did Philipp Brothers occupy five floors of in New York?
(a) 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) World Trade Tower 1.
(c) McGraw-Hill Building.
(d) The Empire State Building.
5. Dapper Dan was the managing director of what company described in Chapter 2?
(a) Chemical Resources.
(b) Metal Industrial Resources.
(c) Intel Resources.
(d) Intertech Resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. The price of silver rose how many cents an ounce following the rumor in Chapter 2?
2. Where did Philipp Brothers establish a firm it was miraculously able to keep alive during World War I?
3. What was in the greatest demand following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
4. From what college had Marc Rich dropped out?
5. What company had Marc Rich begun working at immediately after dropping out of college?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)