|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After 15 years at the helm, the Philipps brothers' cousin and who were responsible for elevating Philipp Brothers to a powerful international trading force?
(a) Marc Rich.
(b) Siegfried Ullman.
(c) Edmond Mantell.
(d) Pincus Green.
2. What company did Marc Rich buy as a tax shelter to hide his massive cash assets?
(b) 20th Century Fox.
(c) Warner Brothers.
3. The author describes in Chapter 1 that metal trading was a shadowy world in which huge amounts of money were traded and, to play in that arena, one had to be "extremely smart, stupid or " what?
(a) A gambler.
4. What was the European center for the industrial trading market in the 1980s?
5. The rumor from Chapter 2 began circulating where?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within seven short years in trading, how much money had Marc Rich established in his personal empire?
2. Who is surmised to have given the orders to initiate the rumor in Chapter 2?
3. Marc Rich's family moved to the U.S. from fear of what?
4. What distant cousin of the Philipp Brothers was dispatched to help run the U.S. offices?
5. What was in the greatest demand following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)