|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marc Rich attend college?
(a) New York University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Yale University.
2. Marc Rich wanted to do what before leaving Philipp Brothers in Chapter 7?
(a) Cause major damage.
(b) Get a million dollar bonus.
(c) Take Pinky's job.
(d) Take Jesselson's job.
3. How much money did one of Marc Rich's employees embezzle in Chapter 12?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $1 million.
4. What did Marc Rich do to the employee who embezzled money in Chapter 12?
(a) Demanded his resignation.
(b) Sued him.
(c) Had him assassinated.
(d) Turned him over to legal agents.
5. What is the name of an oil cartel of twelve developing countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela?
Short Answer Questions
1. What company was Marc Rich convinced to purchase as a tax shelter in Chapter 11?
2. The author writes in Chapter 5 that Jesselson's tenure at Philipp Brothers was during an era when relationships were forged by trust, not by what?
3. In Chapter 9 the author writes that Rich's oil sales constituted what percent of the oil consumed by America?
4. Where did one of Marc Rich's employees try to drive up tin prices by hoarding a massive amount of the resource in Chapter 12?
5. Who were the first countries to move towards the establishment of OPEC in the 1960s by approaching Iraq?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)