|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Philipp Brothers founded?
2. Who encouraged Marc Rich to quit college and become a trader?
(a) James Miller.
(b) Henry Rothschild.
(c) Michael Skawinski.
(d) Henry Kissinger.
3. In Chapter 7, Rich made a deal with Iran in which Rich agreed to pay how much over the current barrel price?
4. Following Rich and Pinky's plot in Chapter 7, the other traders were distracted and annoyed by the incident and dissatisfied with what?
(a) Their lack of freedom.
(b) Their bonuses.
(c) The lack of buyers.
(d) Their wages.
5. What did Marc Rich do to the employee who embezzled money in Chapter 12?
(a) Had him assassinated.
(b) Sued him.
(c) Turned him over to legal agents.
(d) Demanded his resignation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marc Rich's family moved to the U.S. from fear of what?
2. What building did Philipp Brothers occupy five floors of in New York?
3. Where did Philipp Brothers establish a firm it was miraculously able to keep alive during World War I?
4. What did Rich decide Philipp Brothers needed which would serve as a tax advantage and also allow the company to save money in Chapter 7?
5. When did the price of oil that Rich bought from the Iranians reach a profitable margin in Chapter 7?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)