|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leader find the path after he's become lost?
2. Why does Matty hope he isn't the first to die?
3. What color are Leader's eyes?
4. What is Kira eating as they prepare for their first night in Forest?
5. Who takes the messages out by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Matty's first injuries from Forest and what does he know it means?
2. What has Seer discovered about the changes of the Forest from his home and how does he make this discovery?
3. What does Matty find that makes him think of the newly-arrived group at Village?
4. What is the message Seer asks Matty to give Kira and why is Matty supposed to give Kira a message at all?
5. Describe the conversation between Matty and Kira when Matty says he can fix Kira's leg.
6. What are some of the changes Matty notes about Forest as he begins his journey?
7. Describe Kira's gift and the role it played in her decision to go with Matty to her father's home.
8. What is the conversation Kira and Leader have when they meet in "Beyond" for the first time?
9. What are some of the ways Forest attacks Leader?
10. Describe the thoughts and statements of Matty and Kira regarding the amount of ground they'd covered their first day.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List three of the most important characters in the book. What is the role of each in the story? What are the most believable aspects of each character? What are the least believable aspects of each?
Essay Topic 2
What is Kira's gift? What is Matty's gift? What is Leader's gift? What is Seer's gift? Which gift is the most vital and why? Which person is happiest with his or her gift? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the people of Village come to the decision to close Village to outsiders. Is the process fair? Why or why not? Compare that to the way a town makes decisions regarding its government.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)