|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira say when Matty asks if she's seen Leader?
2. What does Matty plan to carry inside his shirt?
3. What does Seer tell Leader he is doing to prepare for Kira's arrival?
4. Which of the following are problems they face when going through the swamp?
5. Who gave Matty his first bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the memory Matty has about Jean as he's talking to Kira when they camp for the first night in Forest? What does he tell Kira about Jean?
2. What is Matty's task with regard to the decision to close Village to outsiders?
3. What does Kira say and think when she talks to Seer about the fact that Kira will soon arrive?
4. Describe the daily meetings between Leader and Seer as Leader watches the progress of Matty of Kira's journey.
5. What does Matty see in the tapestry Kira made for her father and what does he say when Jean questions him about it?
6. Describe the thoughts and statements of Matty and Kira regarding the amount of ground they'd covered their first day.
7. What are Matty's first injuries from Forest and what does he know it means?
8. What do Kira and Leader say when Kira reveals Matty's hope for his true name?
9. What has Seer discovered about the changes of the Forest from his home and how does he make this discovery?
10. Why is Kira scorned by the people of her village and why is she needed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Matty recall about his childhood? What memories are painful? Are there any good memories?
Essay Topic 2
What is Trade Mart? How does Matty learn about Trade Mart? What does he tell Seer and Leader about Trade Mart? What is Matty's impression of Trade Mart?
Essay Topic 3
What might have happened if Matty had chosen not to give his life in order to heal the land? Why was Matty willing to make that sacrifice?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)