|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement is made about an event the following night?
(a) Trade Mart has been canceled.
(b) It's the night for Trade Mart.
(c) Only adults will be allowed to attend Trade Mart.
(d) Trade Mart's location has been moved.
2. What kind of wood is the Seer's instrument made of?
3. Who does Jean say her father has gone to see?
(b) Stocktender's widow.
(d) Gather's widow.
4. What does Seer say they'll cook with the onion Matty has browned with butter?
5. How many brothers and sisters does Matty have?
(b) One brother and one sister.
(c) One brother and two sisters.
(d) One brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mentor say the puppy had done earlier that day?
2. Where does Jean say her father is when Matty arrives?
3. Why does Seer light a lamp as Matty is preparing to leave?
4. What does Leader say he'd like to do when he's old?
5. Who lives with Leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least three ways Matty can tell that he's growing up.
2. Why doesn't Matty care about the "subtlety" of the herbs as Seer does?
3. What is Ramon's message at the beginning of chapter six and what do Matty and Seer do with that information?
4. What is Matty's condition, and what does he do after healing the puppy and its mother?
5. What does Matty look for in Forest and what is his reaction when he finds it?
6. What does Leader say about food and animals in the village where he'd lived as a child?
7. What does Seer tell Matty about Trade Mart?
8. What is Matty's attitude about lying, and what is the lie he tells Ramon?
9. Describe Mentor.
10. Why does Matty send Jean for herbs and what does he do while she's gone?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)