|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seer say they'll cook with the onion Matty has browned with butter?
2. What does Matty note about Ramon and his sister?
(a) They seem to have gained a lot of weight.
(b) They are both sick.
(c) They seem angry.
(d) They have pockets full of candy.
3. Who does Jean say her father has gone to see?
(b) Stocktender's widow.
(d) Gather's widow.
4. What does Mentor say he's going to trade for?
(a) Stocktender's widow.
(b) A larger piece of land.
(c) A gaming machine.
(d) The ability to close the Village to outsiders.
5. How many people does Seer say are grieving for Gatherer?
(a) No more than eight.
(b) Too many to count.
(c) At least twelve.
(d) Four or five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matty say he called himself when he first arrived at Village?
2. When did Seer first learn about Trade Mart?
3. What does Leader say he'd like to do when he's old?
4. Why does Matty wish he was grown?
5. What is the prize from the Gaming Machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matty look for in Forest and what is his reaction when he finds it?
2. What does Seer ask of Matty after the people vote to close Village to outsiders?
3. Describe Mentor.
4. What are some of the things Leader sees from his home in chapter two?
5. How do Matty and Seer often spend their evenings and why does Matty say he wants a Gaming Machine?
6. What does Matty note about Mentor when they encounter each other in chapter six?
7. List at least three ways Matty can tell that he's growing up.
8. How does Ramon manage to bring up the Gaming Machine while he and Matty are preparing to fish and what is Matty's reaction?
9. Describe Mentor's actions during Trade Mart?
10. What does Jean say to Matty in the marketplace about how her father's attitude has changed?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)