|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theresa react when Deanna presses her to publish the message?
(a) Theresa becomes angered and refuses to speak with Deanna.
(b) Theresa agrees to talk about it over dinner.
(c) Theresa agrees complacently.
(d) Theresa becomes reluctant and believes it is morally wrong.
2. After he learns that Theresa has never gone sailing, what does Garrett suggest?
(a) That she go sailing with him on Happenstance that evening.
(b) That she take a boating class.
(c) That she go sailing with him and Catherine.
(d) That she go sailing with him that morning.
3. Why is Theresa disappointed when searching for Garrett?
(a) She finds out he moved for the season.
(b) He does not seem to be there.
(c) She finds out he passed away.
(d) He does not want to speak with her.
4. What does Theresa show Deanna when Deanna finds her crying?
(a) The message from the bottle.
(b) The receipt from the hotel.
(c) The published column.
(d) The final divorce papers.
5. When the course is set during their first voyage together, what does Garrett show Theresa?
(a) Maps of the area.
(b) The cabin.
(c) The landmarks in the area.
(d) How to steer the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theresa decide to do about the message?
2. What do Theresa and Garrett agree to do after sailing for a while on their first date?
3. What does Deanna promise if they publish the message?
4. When Theresa returns to the Cape, how long had it been since the events began?
5. What is obvious about the man and woman in the message found by Theresa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Theresa lonely, the summer she found the bottle?
2. Why does Theresa think publishing the letter is morally wrong?
3. What was Theresa excited about before she read the message in the bottle she first found on the beach?
4. What surprises await Theresa when she returns to work on Monday following the publication of the message?
5. Who does Theresa go to after finding the third message and why?
6. How does Theresa make contact with Garrett?
7. How does Theresa find out about the third message?
8. What were the two main uses of messages in a bottle throughout the years?
9. What clues did Theresa and Deanna find in the message?
10. What is on Garrett's mind while showing Theresa the boat?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)