|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrett's dad advise him to do the day following Theresa's return to Boston?
(a) That Jeb should give his approval before Garrett gets involved.
(b) Slow down because the relationship is moving too quickly.
(c) To avoid Theresa and see what happens.
(d) Give the relationship a chance and not run away too soon.
2. What does Theresa find when returning to work after her first trip to Wilmington?
(a) A bouquet of roses and an affectionate card.
(b) An affectionate card.
(c) A bouquet of lilies.
(d) A bouquet of roses and a card breaking things off.
3. What do Theresa and Kevin discuss after Kevin returns home?
(a) David and Annette's baby.
(c) Soccer camp.
4. What does Garrett try to do the night following Theresa's return to Boston?
(a) Calls Theresa.
(b) Writes a letter to his deceased mother.
(c) Writes a letter to Theresa.
(d) Writes a letter to Catherine.
5. While he is with Theresa, beside his father, who else does Garrett tell he will be unavailable for the next few days?
(a) His boat captain.
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) His shop.
6. What does Garrett believe concerning his relationship with Theresa?
(a) He does not think they can continue their relationship because of the distance.
(b) He thinks he should move to Boston.
(c) He thinks that they should try to make it work.
(d) He thinks that they should talk on the phone and see what happens.
7. Who does Garrett cancel his lunch with the day after his third date with Theresa?
(a) His dad.
(c) A coworker.
(d) He does not cancel lunch with anyone.
8. How much longer does Theresa stay after the first night she and Garrett spend together?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
9. What happens for the first time in Chapter 12?
(a) They both avoid Theresa.
(b) Garrett closes the door in Theresa's face.
(c) Jeb closes the door in Theresa's face.
(d) Jeb meets Theresa.
10. What does Theresa write to Garrett in Chapter 13?
(a) A letter telling him that she cannot live without him.
(b) A letter telling him that she never should have tried to find him.
(c) A letter thanking him for the gifts he gave and the knowledge that life can go on.
(d) A letter telling him that she is engaged and needs to move on.
11. What do Theresa and Garrett do over the next few weeks following her visit to Wilmington?
(a) Spend time chatting online.
(b) Spend time going back and forth between each other's homes.
(c) Spend time writing letters to one another.
(d) Spend long hours on the phone together.
12. How does Garrett feel about Boston?
(a) That it is strange.
(b) That it is interesting.
(c) That it is fun.
(d) That it is boring.
13. What makes setting up meetings difficult for Garrett and Theresa?
(a) Conflicting schedules.
(b) They cannot reach each other by phone.
(c) Kevin no longer likes Garrett.
(d) Garrett avoids Theresa because of the dreams.
14. What does Theresa insist at the end of the time she and Garrett spend together?
(a) That Garrett commit to the relationship.
(b) That she commit to the relationship.
(c) That she move closer to him.
(d) That he move closer to her.
15. In Chapter 13, where does the narration return?
(a) Cape Cod on an autumn day.
(b) Boston on the day Garrett discovered the truth.
(c) Boston on a cold December day.
(d) Cape Cod on a cold December Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrett's dad suggest to him concerning the dream Garrett has in Chapter 11?
2. What does Theresa do during the first night spent at Garrett's house?
3. Where do Garrett, Theresa, and Kevin go in the evening following their arrival in Wilmington?
4. What does Theresa find on Garrett's nightstand?
5. Where does Theresa take Garrett for dinner while he is in Boston?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)