|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrett find when he goes to write Theresa a letter while in her apartment in Boston?
(a) He finds the three messages he sent to his late wife.
(b) He finds the newspaper column.
(c) He finds a picture of Catherine.
(d) He finds two letters.
2. What do Theresa and Kevin discuss after Kevin returns home?
(a) David and Annette's baby.
(c) Soccer camp.
3. What does Theresa insist at the end of the time she and Garrett spend together?
(a) That Garrett commit to the relationship.
(b) That he move closer to her.
(c) That she commit to the relationship.
(d) That she move closer to him.
4. Upon his return to Wilmington, where does Garrett go so he can think in peace?
(b) Into the woods.
(c) On the beach.
(d) On Happenstance.
5. What does Theresa find on Garrett's nightstand?
(a) A photo of Catherine.
(b) A photo of Catherine and a child.
(c) A photo of him and Catherine.
(d) A picture of Theresa.
6. What does Garrett's dad advise him to do the day following Theresa's return to Boston?
(a) That Jeb should give his approval before Garrett gets involved.
(b) To avoid Theresa and see what happens.
(c) Slow down because the relationship is moving too quickly.
(d) Give the relationship a chance and not run away too soon.
7. In Chapter 13, where does the narration return?
(a) Boston on the day Garrett discovered the truth.
(b) Cape Cod on a cold December Day.
(c) Boston on a cold December day.
(d) Cape Cod on an autumn day.
8. Where do Garrett, Theresa, and Kevin go in the evening following their arrival in Wilmington?
(a) To Garrett's house for dinner.
(b) To the beach for dinner.
(c) To the hotel for dinner.
(d) To Jeb 's for dinner.
9. In Chapter 8, why does Theresa go to Garrett's house?
(a) To see a photo album.
(b) For lunch.
(c) For an interview.
(d) For dinner.
10. Where is Theresa supposed to go for Thanksgiving?
(a) To Wilmington.
(b) To California.
(c) Wilmington and to her parents.
(d) To her parents.
11. How much longer does Theresa stay after the first night she and Garrett spend together?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
12. When boarding the plane returning to Boston in Chapter 12, who does Theresa see and where?
(a) Garrett in the terminal.
(b) She does not see anyone when on the plane.
(c) Jeb in the terminal.
(d) Catherine's ghost in the terminal.
13. What did Garrett want Theresa to know, sending her the correspondence he did?
(a) The he planned to find a woman who would tell him the truth.
(b) That he planned to go to Boston and beg her forgiveness.
(c) Garrett did not want Theresa to know anything upon his death.
(d) That he planned to go to the Happenstance and commit suicide.
14. What does Garrett's dad suggest to him concerning the dream Garrett has in Chapter 11?
(a) To continue grieving for Catherine until the time is right.
(b) To avoid Kevin if possible.
(c) That he is just afraid.
(d) To back away.
15. When Garrett's father comes over after Theresa and Garrett's fight in Boston, what does Garrett's father try to do?
(a) He tries to talk Garrett through his anger at Theresa.
(b) He tries to tell him it was not meant to be.
(c) He sits with him in silence.
(d) He tries to tell him that Catherine was not the one and that Theresa is.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when Theresa leaves Garrett's house, where is Garret left standing alone?
2. What does Garrett prepare for dinner on his third date with Theresa?
3. What does Garrett discover about Kevin while giving him lessons?
4. What do Theresa, Garrett, and Kevin do the day after the lessons?
5. What does Garrett do the week after his third date with Theresa?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)