|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Theresa a few days after her return to Boston in Chapter 13?
2. How much longer does Theresa stay after the first night she and Garrett spend together?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 2 days.
3. What does Garrett call to say to Theresa at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) He confesses he misses Jeb.
(b) He confesses he cannot continue because of the distance.
(c) He confesses to Theresa that he loves Catherine too much to go on.
(d) He confesses to Theresa that he misses her.
4. What does Garrett think about in Chapter 9?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
5. In Chapter 12, when Theresa leaves Garrett's house, where is Garret left standing alone?
(a) The middle of the street.
(b) On the deck.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the bedroom.
6. In Chapter 11, what does Garrett dream about?
(a) Theresa about to run off a cliff, but there is nothing he can do to stop her.
(b) Kevin about to run off a cliff, but there is nothing he can do to stop him.
(c) Catherine about to get hit by the car.
(d) Catherine about to run off a cliff, but there is nothing he can do to stop her.
7. What does the person calling Theresa in Chapter 12 ask her to do?
(a) Return to Cape Cod.
(b) Return to Wilmington.
(c) Return the letters.
(d) Call Garrett.
8. What does Theresa wonder after her fight with Garrett concerning their relationship's future?
(a) If she is falling in love with Garrett.
(b) If she should have told Garrett the truth.
(c) If she is still in love with David.
(d) If she should have come to meet Garrett.
9. What does Garrett try to do the night following Theresa's return to Boston?
(a) Writes a letter to Theresa.
(b) Calls Theresa.
(c) Writes a letter to his deceased mother.
(d) Writes a letter to Catherine.
10. When boarding the plane returning to Boston in Chapter 12, who does Theresa see and where?
(a) Garrett in the terminal.
(b) Catherine's ghost in the terminal.
(c) She does not see anyone when on the plane.
(d) Jeb in the terminal.
11. How does Garrett feel about Boston?
(a) That it is strange.
(b) That it is boring.
(c) That it is interesting.
(d) That it is fun.
12. Who does Garrett cancel his lunch with the day after his third date with Theresa?
(a) A coworker.
(b) His dad.
(c) He does not cancel lunch with anyone.
13. What does Garrett discover about Kevin while giving him lessons?
(a) That Kevin does not need help.
(b) That Kevin is not very good.
(c) That Kevin is a natural at diving.
(d) That Kevin needs to work at it for a while.
14. What does Theresa write to Garrett in Chapter 13?
(a) A letter telling him that she cannot live without him.
(b) A letter thanking him for the gifts he gave and the knowledge that life can go on.
(c) A letter telling him that she never should have tried to find him.
(d) A letter telling him that she is engaged and needs to move on.
15. What does Kevin do after his first dinner with Garrett and Theresa?
(a) Calls his dad.
(b) Goes for a run on the beach.
(c) Falls asleep on the floor.
(d) Talks about what he learned that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Garrett reminded of when he and Theresa talk before dinner on their third date?
2. What does Theresa do inside the house while Garrett cooks the meat during their third date?
3. In Chapter 8, why does Theresa go to Garrett's house?
4. When Kevin is studying what Garrett gave him after their first meeting, where do Garrett and Theresa go?
5. Why does Theresa stay in Wilmington after learning about Garrett's death?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)