|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theresa find when returning to work after her first trip to Wilmington?
(a) A bouquet of roses and a card breaking things off.
(b) A bouquet of roses and an affectionate card.
(c) An affectionate card.
(d) A bouquet of lilies.
2. Where is Theresa supposed to go for Thanksgiving?
(a) Wilmington and to her parents.
(b) To her parents.
(c) To Wilmington.
(d) To California.
3. What does Garrett's dream in Chapter 11 cause him to do?
(a) Question his grief for Catherine.
(b) Question his possible role in Kevin's life.
(c) Question whether he wants to sail.
(d) Question his feelings for Theresa.
4. Who initiates the next phase of Garrett and Theresa's relationship at the end of Chapter 8?
(c) They do not go to the next step of their relationship.
5. What is Garrett reminded of when he and Theresa talk before dinner on their third date?
(a) An evening when he found Catherine in the garden.
(b) An afternoon when his wife appeared ill, but she said she was fine.
(c) The afternoon that his wife died.
(d) The day before he met Theresa.
6. How does Theresa react to Garrett's belief about their relationship?
(a) She nearly becomes hysterical.
(b) She remains confident.
(c) She starts laughing.
(d) She leaves.
7. Where does Theresa take Garrett for dinner while he is in Boston?
(a) To lunch with Deanna.
(b) To lunch with Deanna and Brian.
(c) To lunch with Kevin, Deanna, and Brian.
(d) To lunch with all of her coworkers.
8. How does Garrett die?
(a) He died in a car accident.
(b) He fell off a cliff.
(c) His plane crashed.
(d) He took Happenstance out during a storm.
9. In Chapter 13, where does the narration return?
(a) Boston on a cold December day.
(b) Cape Cod on an autumn day.
(c) Cape Cod on a cold December Day.
(d) Boston on the day Garrett discovered the truth.
10. When boarding the plane returning to Boston in Chapter 12, who does Theresa see and where?
(a) Catherine's ghost in the terminal.
(b) Jeb in the terminal.
(c) She does not see anyone when on the plane.
(d) Garrett in the terminal.
11. What do Garret and Theresa soon find themselves doing at the end of their third date?
(a) Saying goodbye.
12. What does Garrett learn about Theresa during his first visit in Boston?
(a) That she has no friends.
(b) That she is somewhat of a celebrity because of the column.
(c) That she used him.
(d) That she is disliked by many of her coworkers.
13. Who calls Theresa a few days after her return to Boston in Chapter 13?
14. What does Garrett call to say to Theresa at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) He confesses he misses Jeb.
(b) He confesses he cannot continue because of the distance.
(c) He confesses to Theresa that he loves Catherine too much to go on.
(d) He confesses to Theresa that he misses her.
15. When Garrett's father is at Garrett's house and Garrett goes into the kitchen, who is at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theresa do during the first night spent at Garrett's house?
2. What does Garrett dream the night Theresa leaves to go back to Boston?
3. What does Deanna want to talk about with Theresa the day following her return from her first trip to Wilmington?
4. What does Theresa find in the mail she opens after she stops crying over Garrett's death?
5. Why is Kevin excited after meeting Garrett for the first time?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)