|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Garrett and Catherine meet for the first time?
(a) Early childhood.
2. Why is Theresa pleased when she sees a newspaper article featuring Garrett at the bar?
(a) Garrett is a middle-aged man and too old for her.
(b) Garrett is married.
(c) Garrett is a young man, in his thirties.
(d) Garret no longer lives in the area.
3. What does Theresa plan to do to indulge herself during her week at Cape Cod?
(a) Work on writing her book.
(b) Spend time reading on the beach.
(c) Eat out at restaurants and go to dance clubs.
(d) Spend time at the beach alone, read, and go shopping.
4. What does Garrett think about when preparing for his first voyage with Theresa?
(a) What to prepare.
(c) His dad.
5. When Theresa and Garrett see each other for their second date, what does Theresa tell him about?
(b) Her job.
(d) Finding messages.
6. In Chapter 7, with whom does Garrett have breakfast?
(c) A coworker.
7. What does Garrett do when Theresa arrives for their first date?
(a) He suggests they should go up river.
(b) He takes the boat on the ocean.
(c) He suggests that they take the boat out later.
(d) He suggests they eat before going out on the ocean.
8. How does Theresa receive a copy of the second message?
(a) By mail.
(b) By e-mail.
(c) By fax.
(d) By courier.
9. What does Garrett find himself thinking about during his first date with Theresa?
(a) His promise to re-marry if Catherine died.
(b) His promise to forget Catherine ever existed.
(c) His promise to remain celibate if Catherine died.
(d) His promise to date if Catherine died.
10. How long before the event of the book did Garrett's mother pass away?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 25 years ago.
(c) 19 years ago.
(d) 15 years ago.
11. Why does Theresa feel lonely?
(a) She feels lonely when not around her co-workers.
(b) She misses her marriage with her ex-husband, David.
(c) She misses Kevin, her son while he visits David.
(d) She finds few men want a relationship with a woman who has children.
12. What is Garrett's father's name?
13. What does Garrett work on most of the morning following his date with Theresa?
(a) He works in the shop.
(b) His boat's engine.
(c) He does not work.
(d) Cleaning his boat.
14. What information do Garrett and Theresa exchange at the end of their first date?
(a) They exchange their names.
(b) They exchange their phone numbers.
(c) They do not exchange any information.
(d) They exchange all of their contact information.
15. Who calls when Garrett is going through paperwork the day following his first date with Theresa?
(a) An employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes in David's life after their divorce?
2. What does the person want who called Garrett the day following his first date with Theresa?
3. What happened after Garrett and Catherine reconnected?
4. What does the author imply about messages in bottles?
5. What does Garrett think about while being with Theresa on his boat during their first date?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)