Prologue and Chapter 1
1. What newspaper does Theresa Osborne work for as a columnist?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) The Boston Herald.
(c) The Boston Times.
(d) The Boston Review.
2. During Theresa's previous trip to the beach, what was Theresa's relationship status?
(a) Recently divorced and having a difficult time finding someone to commit to a single mom with a child.
(b) Happily married.
(c) Recently divorced and engaged.
(d) Unhappily married and having an affair.
3. According to the Prologue, why have messages in bottles been used for hundreds of years?
(a) They help boats find their way home.
(b) To send birth records across the Atlantic.
(c) To communicate between countries.
(d) To track ocean currents and send messages.
4. When Garrett puts a message in the bottle, how far does it travel from its original destination?
(a) Over 400 miles.
(b) Over 600 miles.
(c) Over 700 miles.
(d) Over 500 miles.
5. In Chapter 1, on a cold December day, where does Theresa Osborne arrive?
(c) New York City.
(d) Cape Cod.
This section contains 6,323 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)