|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grieved Sir Robert Lee?
2. Who was the youth?
3. Why did Little John wish to die?
4. What prize is NOT offered at the fair?
5. How did Robin tell Little John he was dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
2. What three things does the King hold dear?
3. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
4. What gifts were given to the Knight?
5. What did Little John overhear, and why is it of interest to Robin?
6. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
7. Why did Little John help the ladies?
8. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
9. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
10. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
Essay Topic 2
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
Essay Topic 3
Capital punishment is used throughout this novel as being a good alternative to true justice. Do you support or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? What would you suggest instead?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)