|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the other two friars headed?
2. What is the knight's name?
3. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
4. What did Good King Richard and his band do?
5. Who was the youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
2. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
3. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
4. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
5. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
6. Why was it that the Prioress betrayed Robin?
7. Why did Little John help the ladies?
8. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
9. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
10. What did Little John overhear, and why is it of interest to Robin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 2
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 3
For what kind of principles were battles fought in the age of Robin Hood? For what kinds of principles are battles fought today? What has changed? Why do you think this is?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)