|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Little John rub the string of his bow?
2. What caused the fever?
3. Who took third place?
4. What prize is NOT offered at the fair?
5. What does Robin dress as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
2. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
3. What gifts were given to the Knight?
4. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
5. Why was it that the Prioress betrayed Robin?
6. Why did the Knight pawn his land and for what reason?
7. What fascinated Sir Richard about the youth in the wrestling match?
8. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
9. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
10. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
Essay Topic 3
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)