|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin thought of naught but....?
2. Who took third place?
3. Who was not included in the men the King took?
4. Who was in the King's service, and the son of a beneficiary of Robin?
5. What prize is NOT offered at the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Little John help the ladies?
2. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
3. What three things does the King hold dear?
4. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
5. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
6. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
7. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
8. What fascinated Sir Richard about the youth in the wrestling match?
9. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
10. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of story is this novel? In what ways are the characters unbelievable? What kinds of events are likely blown out of proportion and how do you think this happened?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)