|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of the missed mark?
2. What was "one of the greatest joys" to befall Robin and his merry men?
3. How did Robin tell Little John he was dying?
4. How many pounds did the knight owe on his estate?
5. What bird did the stranger resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't the Sheriff help the Knight?
2. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
3. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
4. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
5. Why did Sir William head to Sherwood?
6. What three things does the King hold dear?
7. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
8. Why did the Knight pawn his land and for what reason?
9. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
10. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of man is Robin Hood? Why do you think this? What kind of friend is he? What kind of leader is he? Is he trustworthy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)