|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Robin give the knight to pay him back?
2. What kind of bird sits inside the "blossoming hedge"?
3. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
4. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
5. Who was the first man slain in the fight in Sherwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
2. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
3. Why did the Knight pawn his land and for what reason?
4. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
5. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
6. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
7. Why did Sir William head to Sherwood?
8. Why was it that the Prioress betrayed Robin?
9. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
10. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of man is Robin Hood? Why do you think this? What kind of friend is he? What kind of leader is he? Is he trustworthy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of story is this novel? In what ways are the characters unbelievable? What kinds of events are likely blown out of proportion and how do you think this happened?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)