|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Little John's thoughts consumed by?
2. How did Robin decide his grave?
3. What does Robin tell his men to be?
4. What did the daughter see?
5. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
Short Essay Questions
1. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
2. What fascinated Sir Richard about the youth in the wrestling match?
3. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
4. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
5. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
6. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
7. What did Little John overhear, and why is it of interest to Robin?
8. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
9. Who was the person that Robin ran into and why was he hated?
10. What three things does the King hold dear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 3
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)