|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Robin's cousin do him harm?
2. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
3. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
4. What area did Robin come to?
5. What happened among the people of the area of Sherwood upon Robin's announced return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it that the three beggars attacked Robin?
2. What did Little John overhear, and why is it of interest to Robin?
3. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
4. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
5. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
6. Why did Sir William head to Sherwood?
7. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
8. What gifts were given to the Knight?
9. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
10. What did Robin ask of his final resting place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of story is this novel? In what ways are the characters unbelievable? What kinds of events are likely blown out of proportion and how do you think this happened?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)