|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the assassin?
2. What does Robin tell his men to be?
3. How did Robin tell Little John he was dying?
4. How many men did Little John bring back to say goodbye?
5. How much of the Bishops money did Robin leave to the Bishop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Little John overhear, and why is it of interest to Robin?
2. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
3. Why was it that the three beggars attacked Robin?
4. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
5. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
6. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
7. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
8. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
9. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
10. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what values do you think a knight would enter service? What about a merry man? What about a soldier? Compare and contrast the three.
Essay Topic 2
How does Robin's band differ from a gang? In which ways are they the same? How do you think Robin's band would fare today? What changed in the population to make this the case?
Essay Topic 3
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)