|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was given to Robin as a present?
2. Who took third place?
3. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
4. What happened among the people of the area of Sherwood upon Robin's announced return?
5. Who did Robin run into on the borders of Sherwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
2. Who was the person that Robin ran into and why was he hated?
3. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
4. Why was it that the three beggars attacked Robin?
5. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
6. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
7. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
8. Why did Robin not cry out when she had cut too deeply to his arm?
9. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
10. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of man is Robin Hood? Why do you think this? What kind of friend is he? What kind of leader is he? Is he trustworthy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 3
Robin often acts in his own interest. Support or deny this statement. How do you think the band of men act as a whole, lawless or selfless? Explain your answer and draw up an essay in support or condemnation of the merry men and their dealings.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)