|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened among the people of the area of Sherwood upon Robin's announced return?
2. Little John broke the door as though it were made of...?
3. Why did Robin take the three beggars' money?
4. What did the daughter see?
5. Why didn't Little John stop the traitoress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
2. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
3. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
4. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
5. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
6. What three things does the King hold dear?
7. What gifts were given to the Knight?
8. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
9. Why did Sir William head to Sherwood?
10. What fascinated Sir Richard about the youth in the wrestling match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
Essay Topic 2
What kinds of things do you think lead Robin to be so bold about his actions outside of Sherwood? Why do you think he did these things? List two things that are extremely bold and would get him caught in today's situations. What would be used that wouldn't be available back in Robin's time?
Essay Topic 3
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)