|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many arrows flew into the thicket after Robin?
2. Who was the well dressed lad of no more than sixteen?
3. Little John broke the door as though it were made of...?
4. What would have happened if Sir Richard had not intervened?
5. What caused the fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does the King hold dear?
2. What did Robin ask of his final resting place?
3. Why was it that the Prioress betrayed Robin?
4. What gifts were given to the Knight?
5. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
6. Why did Little John help the ladies?
7. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
8. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
9. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
10. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
Essay Topic 3
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)