|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Little John leave with them?
2. How much of the Bishops money did Robin leave to the Bishop?
3. Why was Robin disheartened?
4. What was the beggars quarterstaff made of?
5. Who was the first man slain in the fight in Sherwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
2. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
3. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
4. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
5. Why was it that the three beggars attacked Robin?
6. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
7. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
8. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
9. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
10. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
Essay Topic 2
How does Robin's band differ from a gang? In which ways are they the same? How do you think Robin's band would fare today? What changed in the population to make this the case?
Essay Topic 3
For what kind of principles were battles fought in the age of Robin Hood? For what kinds of principles are battles fought today? What has changed? Why do you think this is?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)