|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin talked until Little John promised....?
2. What is the knight's name?
3. What caused the fever?
4. Why did Little John wish to die?
5. How much money did Little John leave with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
2. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
3. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
4. What three things does the King hold dear?
5. Who was the person that Robin ran into and why was he hated?
6. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
7. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
8. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
9. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
10. Why did Sir William head to Sherwood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of story is this novel? In what ways are the characters unbelievable? What kinds of events are likely blown out of proportion and how do you think this happened?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
Essay Topic 3
Capital punishment is used throughout this novel as being a good alternative to true justice. Do you support or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? What would you suggest instead?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)