|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the information about the Sheriff be of interest to Robin?
2. What nail did the Corn Engrosser twist to gain access to the boots?
3. Robin thought of naught but....?
4. Who sits at the head of the table?
5. What happened when Little John fired upon the Sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
2. What fascinated Sir Richard about the youth in the wrestling match?
3. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
4. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
5. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
6. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
7. Why wouldn't the Sheriff help the Knight?
8. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
9. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
10. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
Essay Topic 2
Robin often acts in his own interest. Support or deny this statement. How do you think the band of men act as a whole, lawless or selfless? Explain your answer and draw up an essay in support or condemnation of the merry men and their dealings.
Essay Topic 3
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)