|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of the missed mark?
2. Where were the other two friars headed?
3. What area did Robin come to?
4. How many arrows flew into the thicket after Robin?
5. Why was Robin so happy to be back in Sherwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
2. Why did the Knight pawn his land and for what reason?
3. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
4. Why was it that the three beggars attacked Robin?
5. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
6. How did Robin benefit from each person he encountered?
7. What three things does the King hold dear?
8. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
9. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
10. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 2
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
Essay Topic 3
What kinds of things do you think lead Robin to be so bold about his actions outside of Sherwood? Why do you think he did these things? List two things that are extremely bold and would get him caught in today's situations. What would be used that wouldn't be available back in Robin's time?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)