|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Will due to be hanged?
2. According to Will Stutely, the stories are....?
3. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
4. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
5. What were the chords made of that they used to bind Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
2. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
3. Why did John Little join Robin's band?
4. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
5. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
6. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
7. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
8. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
9. What was Little John's dilemma?
10. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of story is this novel? In what ways are the characters unbelievable? What kinds of events are likely blown out of proportion and how do you think this happened?
Essay Topic 2
Every language has its own quirks that come from experience in the area in terminology that would be understood by locals but appear strange anywhere else. Give at least four examples of words that apply directly to culture differences and that could seem strange from another language. Hint: local slang.
Essay Topic 3
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)