|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
2. Who was the only man that hadn't suffered that day?
3. What was the name of the Tanner?
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
5. How many of the Sheriff's men laid on the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
2. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
3. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
4. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
5. What was Little John's dilemma?
6. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
7. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
8. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
9. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
10. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
Essay Topic 2
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of man is Robin Hood? Why do you think this? What kind of friend is he? What kind of leader is he? Is he trustworthy? Why or why not?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)