|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Robin like of Little John's return?
2. Why did the cook like the steward?
3. Which season brought the great fair?
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
5. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
2. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
3. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
4. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
5. Who stopped the dogs and how?
6. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
7. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
8. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
9. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
10. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people would say that the death of the first man wasn't justified and the reactions of the rashness of youth, but would support the death of Guy of Gisbourne as he was a really bad person. Do you think killing someone is ever justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
A lot of stories start out from being fact, but through time are distorted to almost heroic proportions. Give at least two examples of such distortions that are made or may originate from fact. These stories usually enlist people that actually existed at one point.
Essay Topic 3
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)