|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does Will give bread to?
2. Why did the cook like the steward?
3. How long was Robin in Sherwood forest?
4. How did the constable know that Will wasn't a priest?
5. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
2. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
3. Why did Robin not cry out when she had cut too deeply to his arm?
4. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
5. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
6. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
7. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
8. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
9. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
10. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what values do you think a knight would enter service? What about a merry man? What about a soldier? Compare and contrast the three.
Essay Topic 2
Capital punishment is used throughout this novel as being a good alternative to true justice. Do you support or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? What would you suggest instead?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
This section contains 1,616 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)