Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
2. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
3. What bird does Will give bread to?
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
5. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
2. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
3. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
4. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
5. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
6. What gifts were given to the Knight?
7. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
8. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
9. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
10. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
Essay Topic 1
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
Essay Topic 2
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
This section contains 1,554 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)