|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two dogs did Will Scarlet speak to?
2. What was the noise of distress?
3. How is the Sheriff of Nottingham described?
4. Why didn't the group continue to Ancaster?
5. Why was Robin mad at the Friar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
2. Why was it that the three beggars attacked Robin?
3. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
4. Why did Robin not cry out when she had cut too deeply to his arm?
5. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
6. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
7. What did Little John say and why was he so upset at the appearance of Guy of Gisbourne?
8. Why did the Knight pawn his land and for what reason?
9. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
10. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
Essay Topic 2
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
Essay Topic 3
Robin often acts in his own interest. Support or deny this statement. How do you think the band of men act as a whole, lawless or selfless? Explain your answer and draw up an essay in support or condemnation of the merry men and their dealings.
This section contains 1,588 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)