|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
2. What did Little John speak of Robin and his band to the Sheriff?
3. What was the penalty for poaching the king's game?
4. What was the noise of distress?
5. Why did the Sheriff decide that he would no longer go after Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
2. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
3. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
4. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
5. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
6. Why wouldn't the Sheriff help the Knight?
7. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
8. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
9. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
10. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
Essay Topic 1
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
Essay Topic 3
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
This section contains 1,662 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)