Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
2. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
3. What bird does Will give bread to?
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
5. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
2. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
3. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
4. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
5. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
6. What gifts were given to the Knight?
7. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
8. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
9. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
10. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
For what values do you think a knight would enter service? What about a merry man? What about a soldier? Compare and contrast the three.
Robin often acts in his own interest. Support or deny this statement. How do you think the band of men act as a whole, lawless or selfless? Explain your answer and draw up an essay in support or condemnation of the merry men and their dealings.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)