|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months had passed since Little John had been in Sherwood?
2. What flowers trailed down the Inn?
3. When is Will due to be hanged?
4. What color is the stranger wearing?
5. What is the name that Little John chose for himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
2. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
3. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
4. Why did Robin invite Arthur to join the merry men?
5. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
6. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
7. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
8. What was Little John's dilemma?
9. Why did John Little join Robin's band?
10. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of man is Robin Hood? Why do you think this? What kind of friend is he? What kind of leader is he? Is he trustworthy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 3
Every language has its own quirks that come from experience in the area in terminology that would be understood by locals but appear strange anywhere else. Give at least four examples of words that apply directly to culture differences and that could seem strange from another language. Hint: local slang.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)