|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which knight did Will Scathelock speak of?
2. Where was the bishop that was due to marry Ellen a Dale from?
3. What deal had been struck between Robin and the Bishop?
4. How did Robin's arrow fly?
5. Who is the Friar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
2. Why did Robin punish the Sheriff?
3. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
4. What was Little John's dilemma?
5. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
6. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
7. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
8. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
9. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
10. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people would say that the death of the first man wasn't justified and the reactions of the rashness of youth, but would support the death of Guy of Gisbourne as he was a really bad person. Do you think killing someone is ever justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
Essay Topic 3
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)