|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
2. How high did the Sheriff threaten to hang people who refused to comply?
3. Why did the Sheriff decide that he would no longer go after Robin?
4. How many of the Sheriff's men laid on the ground?
5. What color is the stranger wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
2. Why did Robin invite Arthur to join the merry men?
3. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
4. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
5. Who stopped the dogs and how?
6. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
7. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
8. What was Little John's dilemma?
9. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
10. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
Essay Topic 2
Robin uses many disguises, but his boldness quickly gives him away to any that know him. What exception is there to this rule? On what common holiday are similar games played, and what is the historical significance behind this ritualistic day?
Essay Topic 3
Every language has its own quirks that come from experience in the area in terminology that would be understood by locals but appear strange anywhere else. Give at least four examples of words that apply directly to culture differences and that could seem strange from another language. Hint: local slang.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)