Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
2. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
3. What bird does Will give bread to?
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
5. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
2. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
3. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
4. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
5. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
6. What gifts were given to the Knight?
7. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
8. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
9. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
10. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
Capital punishment is used throughout this novel as being a good alternative to true justice. Do you support or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? What would you suggest instead?
Despite many of the merry men being adept at their 'manly sports', many lose battles. Explain what can occur in a battle in order to make it go wrong. Pick three sports and explain how a character could come to lose such a battle.
How does Robin's band differ from a gang? In which ways are they the same? How do you think Robin's band would fare today? What changed in the population to make this the case?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)