|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Robin accompany Little John to the edge of Sherwood?
2. What was the stranger's name?
3. Why did the cook like the steward?
4. From where had the messenger come?
5. How long had Robin's band seen no sport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
2. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
3. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
4. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
5. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
6. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
7. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
8. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
9. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
10. What was Little John's dilemma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 2
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 3
For what values do you think a knight would enter service? What about a merry man? What about a soldier? Compare and contrast the three.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)