|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robin do before he lightened the purse of the rich?
2. For what reason did Little John justify going to the Blue Boar?
3. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
4. Who was Robert?
5. Where was the bishop that was due to marry Ellen a Dale from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
2. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
3. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
4. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
5. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
6. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
7. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
8. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
9. What was Little John's dilemma?
10. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
Essay Topic 3
Robin often acts in his own interest. Support or deny this statement. How do you think the band of men act as a whole, lawless or selfless? Explain your answer and draw up an essay in support or condemnation of the merry men and their dealings.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)