|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the group continue to Ancaster?
2. What was the noise of distress?
3. How high did the Sheriff threaten to hang people who refused to comply?
4. Who sent the message to the Sheriff that Robin had won the prize?
5. For what reason did Little John head to see Hugh Longshanks of Ancaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
2. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
3. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
4. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
5. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
6. Why did Robin punish the Sheriff?
7. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
8. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
9. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
10. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 2
Many people would say that the death of the first man wasn't justified and the reactions of the rashness of youth, but would support the death of Guy of Gisbourne as he was a really bad person. Do you think killing someone is ever justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
For what values do you think a knight would enter service? What about a merry man? What about a soldier? Compare and contrast the three.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)