|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did the Sheriff of Nottingham try and take Robin?
2. Where does the friar dwell that will help him?
3. For what reason did Little John head to see Hugh Longshanks of Ancaster?
4. What was the name of the Tanner?
5. Who was the friar talking to when Robin happened upon him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
2. Why do the cook and Little John fight?
3. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
4. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
5. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
6. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
7. Why did John Little join Robin's band?
8. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
9. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
10. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Capital punishment is used throughout this novel as being a good alternative to true justice. Do you support or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? What would you suggest instead?
Essay Topic 2
What kinds of things do you think lead Robin to be so bold about his actions outside of Sherwood? Why do you think he did these things? List two things that are extremely bold and would get him caught in today's situations. What would be used that wouldn't be available back in Robin's time?
Essay Topic 3
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)