|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Will due to be hanged?
2. Why did Robin kill the forester?
3. Who sent the message to the Sheriff that Robin had won the prize?
4. How did Robin's arrow fly?
5. What does the farmer call his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
2. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
3. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
4. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
5. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
6. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
7. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
8. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
9. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
10. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what kind of principles were battles fought in the age of Robin Hood? For what kinds of principles are battles fought today? What has changed? Why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
What kinds of things do you think lead Robin to be so bold about his actions outside of Sherwood? Why do you think he did these things? List two things that are extremely bold and would get him caught in today's situations. What would be used that wouldn't be available back in Robin's time?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of man is Robin Hood? Why do you think this? What kind of friend is he? What kind of leader is he? Is he trustworthy? Why or why not?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)