|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robin's arrow fly?
2. Why did the Sheriff decide that he would no longer go after Robin?
3. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
4. Why would no man kiss the dame willingly?
5. How much did their food cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did John Little join Robin's band?
2. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
3. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
4. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
5. What was Little John's dilemma?
6. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
7. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
8. Why did Robin punish the Sheriff?
9. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
10. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and his family seem to have a penchant for getting into trouble with the law. List the offenses of the three family members of Robin and Robin himself, and explain their crimes. What is different about them? What is similar?
Essay Topic 2
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 3
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)