|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Robin's heart sick within him?
2. Why did Will leave the home?
3. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
4. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
5. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Robin invite Arthur to join the merry men?
2. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
3. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
4. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
5. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
6. Why do the cook and Little John fight?
7. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
8. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
9. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
10. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin often acts in his own interest. Support or deny this statement. How do you think the band of men act as a whole, lawless or selfless? Explain your answer and draw up an essay in support or condemnation of the merry men and their dealings.
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
Essay Topic 3
How does Robin's band differ from a gang? In which ways are they the same? How do you think Robin's band would fare today? What changed in the population to make this the case?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)