|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the constable know that Will wasn't a priest?
2. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
3. From where had the messenger come?
4. Who did Little John face in quarter staff?
5. Why was Robin's heart sick within him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Little John's dilemma?
2. Why did John Little join Robin's band?
3. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
4. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
5. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
6. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
7. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
8. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
9. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
10. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A lot of stories start out from being fact, but through time are distorted to almost heroic proportions. Give at least two examples of such distortions that are made or may originate from fact. These stories usually enlist people that actually existed at one point.
Essay Topic 2
For what values do you think a knight would enter service? What about a merry man? What about a soldier? Compare and contrast the three.
Essay Topic 3
In old England, a person could become an outlaw for little to no reason, and if the person was favored by the courts, could be put to death. How does this reflect a different judicial system than is present today? Do you think it is better or worse, and why?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)