|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
2. What did Little John speak of Robin and his band to the Sheriff?
3. Why didn't the group continue to Ancaster?
4. Which season brought the great fair?
5. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Robin invite Arthur to join the merry men?
2. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
3. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
4. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
5. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
6. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
7. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
8. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
9. Why do the cook and Little John fight?
10. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
Essay Topic 2
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
Essay Topic 3
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)