|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new plan of the Sheriff?
2. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
3. Who does Robin send into the forest?
4. Where was the bishop that was due to marry Ellen a Dale from?
5. How long was Robin in Sherwood forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
2. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
3. Who stopped the dogs and how?
4. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
5. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
6. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
7. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
8. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
9. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
10. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
Essay Topic 3
Robin uses many disguises, but his boldness quickly gives him away to any that know him. What exception is there to this rule? On what common holiday are similar games played, and what is the historical significance behind this ritualistic day?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)