|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man call Robin a coward?
2. Who is the fair lady to whom others bow?
3. Why did Will leave the home?
4. How long was Robin in Sherwood forest?
5. How long had Robin's band seen no sport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
2. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
3. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
4. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
5. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
6. Who stopped the dogs and how?
7. Why did Robin invite Arthur to join the merry men?
8. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
9. What was Little John's dilemma?
10. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Robin's band differ from a gang? In which ways are they the same? How do you think Robin's band would fare today? What changed in the population to make this the case?
Essay Topic 2
Eventual the Prioress kills Robin. Do you think this is a fitting end to Robin's life? Why or why not? Explain how a death by betrayal could be considered a poor way to die for such a great historical legend.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)