Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
2. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
3. What bird does Will give bread to?
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
5. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
2. What did Gilbert say of Robin's shooting?
3. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
4. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
5. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
6. What gifts were given to the Knight?
7. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
8. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
9. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
10. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of story is this novel? In what ways are the characters unbelievable? What kinds of events are likely blown out of proportion and how do you think this happened?
Essay Topic 2
Many times throughout the novel, honor is held higher than money, fame or fortune. Explain what differences occur in our social structure that undermine the possibility of such a life being maintained at present.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the differences between the book and most movies about Robin Hood. What main differences do you find? Why do you think these differences exist?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)