|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which season brought the great fair?
2. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
3. When is Will due to be hanged?
4. How did Robin's arrow fly?
5. Why did Will leave the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
2. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
3. Why do the cook and Little John fight?
4. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
5. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
6. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
7. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
8. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
9. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
10. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the police to Robin's band of merry men. How are they similar? How do they differ? How are they the same? In what ways would one survive and the other would not?
Essay Topic 2
Every language has its own quirks that come from experience in the area in terminology that would be understood by locals but appear strange anywhere else. Give at least four examples of words that apply directly to culture differences and that could seem strange from another language. Hint: local slang.
Essay Topic 3
Almost every character in Robin's band has their own unique alias. List possible reasons that these names are given to the characters. How do you think these names are selected? How do they suit each individual character? List examples.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)