|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the fever?
(a) A butt of bad beer.
(b) Robin's brooding about those who he'd killed.
(c) A mysterious illness.
(d) A thickening of the blood.
2. What was said was on the challengers hands?
(a) Bird lime.
(b) Talcum power.
(d) Lemon juice.
3. Why did Little John wish to die?
(a) He thought Robin was dead.
(b) He suffered from manic depression.
(c) He thought that the band of merry men had been taken and hung.
(d) He was being tortured.
4. How much money did the knight have?
(a) Eight shillings.
(b) Four shillings.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Twelve shillings.
5. Why would the information about the Sheriff be of interest to Robin?
(a) He was involved in the crowd that attacked David.
(b) He was profiting illegally and therefore doing nefarious dealings.
(c) He was lying through his teeth and spreading rumors of Robin.
(d) He was being cruel to some ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it such a fierce fight?
2. What does Robin dress as?
3. What disguise did the King wear?
4. Who was the King's page?
5. Who was the first man slain in the fight in Sherwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
2. Why did the Queen argue so valiantly for Robin?
3. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
4. Why did the Knight pawn his land and for what reason?
5. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
6. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
7. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
8. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
9. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
10. Why did Little John help the ladies?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)