|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Robin disheartened?
(a) He was surrounded.
(b) He hadn't gained the Queen's favor.
(c) He wasn't invited to the contest.
(d) He lost the contest.
2. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
(a) Two shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
(b) Three shillings four pence and a halfpenny.
(c) One golden angel, and ten shillings.
(d) Three shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
3. What was given to Robin as a present?
(a) A bow and quiver of arrows with brass inlayed.
(b) A bow and quiver of arrows with silver inlayed.
(c) A share of his bountiful crops.
(d) A bow and quiver of arrows with gold inlayed.
4. Who was the youth?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) Little John.
(c) David of Doncaster.
(d) Will Scathelock.
5. What is the knight's name?
(a) Sir William.
(b) Sir Richard.
(c) Sir George.
(d) Sir Walter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the well dressed lad of no more than sixteen?
2. Who was not included in the men the King took?
3. What happened when Little John fired upon the Sheriff?
4. How many men did Little John bring back to say goodbye?
5. What does Robin offer the beggar for a share of his food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sir William head to Sherwood?
2. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
3. What did the message from Richard mean and what was it?
4. Who was the person that Robin ran into and why was he hated?
5. What was unique about the poor man's shoes?
6. How did the Corn Engrosser dress to travel in anonymity?
7. What three things does the King hold dear?
8. Why was it that the Prioress betrayed Robin?
9. Why wouldn't the Sheriff help the Knight?
10. How did Little John force the other friars to let him come with them?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)