|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robin talked until Little John promised....?
(a) To take care of everyone else.
(b) No harm would befall the place.
(c) To bury Robin forthwith.
(d) To seek out Maid Marion.
2. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
(a) Three shillings four pence and a halfpenny.
(b) Two shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
(c) One golden angel, and ten shillings.
(d) Three shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
3. How many booths were on the greensward?
4. What is in the bowl?
(b) A crab.
(d) Pork soup.
5. Why was the old woman crying?
(a) She was sick and dying.
(b) She was about to lose her home.
(c) Her sons were going to be hanged.
(d) She had just lost her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Little John stop the traitoress?
2. Who was the King's page?
3. What caused the fever?
4. What did Robin give the knight for himself?
5. How many shots did it take for Robin to hit the wand?
Short Essay Questions
1. In today's language, explain how the Bishop of Hereford got the King to break his promise to the Queen.
2. What gifts were given to the Knight?
3. Why was it that the Prioress betrayed Robin?
4. Why did Sir Richard Lee tell the Queen what the King was up to?
5. Many times, the word "shriving" is used in this section. What does it mean?
6. Why does the author say that he doesn't blame the reader for putting down the book?
7. Why did Robin not cry out when she had cut too deeply to his arm?
8. How did Robin convince Little John not to hurt the women of the Priory?
9. Why did Little John help the ladies?
10. How did "Guy of Gisbourne" explain the blood on his clothes?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)