|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did the Sheriff of Nottingham try and take Robin?
2. What did Little John speak of Robin and his band to the Sheriff?
(a) They were harts of green.
(b) They were green.
(c) They were deer.
(d) They were scoundrels.
3. What was the penalty for poaching the king's game?
(a) Shaven ears.
(c) Hands broken.
(d) Feet broken.
4. What did the friar have beneath his clerical robes?
(a) A suit of Lincoln green.
(b) A gown of chain mail.
(d) None of these.
5. What does the farmer call his daughter?
(a) A vixen.
(b) A scullery maid.
(c) A wench.
(d) A lovely lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Robin's pain to fade?
2. What did Robin rename Will Gamwell?
3. What two dogs did Will Scarlet speak to?
4. What feat of strength did the stranger perform?
5. What bird does Will give bread to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did John Little join Robin's band?
2. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
3. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
4. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
5. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
6. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
7. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
8. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
9. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
10. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)