|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Robin like of Little John's return?
(a) He brought the cook.
(b) He didn't take the food instead.
(c) He took so long.
(d) He took the Sheriff's silver.
2. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He thought that he would make sport of them.
(b) He wanted to see what it was all about.
(c) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
(d) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
3. Who was the only man as attractive as Will?
(a) Alan a Dale, the minstrel.
(b) Allan a Dale, the minstrel.
(c) Allan a Dale, the harpist.
(d) Alan a Dale, the harpist.
4. Why would no man kiss the dame willingly?
(a) She had eczema.
(b) She had bad acne and a beard.
(c) She was enchanted to be ugly until the spell was broken.
(d) She had open sores on her mouth.
5. Why did the two men fight on the bridge?
(a) One had insulted the other.
(b) The stranger wanted to bring Robin in for the bounty.
(c) The stranger wanted to claim Maid Marion for his wife.
(d) Neither wanted to let the other pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high did the Sheriff threaten to hang people who refused to comply?
2. How many months had passed since Little John had been in Sherwood?
3. Why did Will leave the home?
4. What deal had been struck between Robin and the Bishop?
5. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
2. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
3. Who stopped the dogs and how?
4. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
5. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
6. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
7. Why did Robin punish the Sheriff?
8. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
9. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
10. How did Robin get Little John not to speak of him getting beaten?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)