|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason did Little John justify going to the Blue Boar?
(a) He was going to have a tussle there.
(b) He wanted to meet a lass there.
(c) He was thirsty.
(d) He considered the weather would be bent on rain.
2. Who was Robert?
(b) David of Doncaster.
(c) Little John.
(d) Will Stutely.
3. Why did Will get the color back to his face?
(a) He saw the Tinker.
(b) He saw Robin in the press.
(c) He knew he wouldn't die that day.
(d) He saw Little John.
4. Who was the only man that hadn't suffered that day?
(a) Will Scarlet.
(b) Little John.
(c) Robin Hood.
(d) Midge, the miller's son.
5. What was the noise of distress?
(a) A girl weeping.
(b) A young man weeping.
(c) A fight between two stout yeoman.
(d) A friar praying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fair lady to whom others bow?
2. Why did the Palmer walk away muttering?
3. Why didn't the group continue to Ancaster?
4. What bird does Will give bread to?
5. What does the farmer call his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
2. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
3. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
4. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
5. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
6. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
7. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
8. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
9. What was Little John's dilemma?
10. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)