|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little John want to wear for a disguise?
(a) A suit of scarlet.
(b) A soldiers suit of armor.
(c) A suit of violet.
(d) A friars suit.
2. Why did Robin lighten the sack of the Sheriff?
(a) He tried to take advantage of youth.
(b) He harmed Little John.
(c) He offended Robin.
(d) He intended to kill Will Stutely.
3. Why did the cook like the steward?
(a) He talked of giving him ale and ten shillings.
(b) He talked of speaking in his favor to the Sheriff.
(c) He talked of giving him wine and ten shillings.
(d) He always agreed with the cook.
4. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
(a) Lincoln Town.
5. Why was Robin mad at the Friar?
(a) He had besmirched Robin's honor.
(b) He had dumped Robin in the river.
(c) He had insulted Robin.
(d) He had insulted the fair Maid Marion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Sheriff wait to get his warrant served?
2. What fee would those who joined Robins' band gain?
3. Which season brought the great fair?
4. Who is the stranger?
5. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Little John dressed on his way to the fair?
2. Who stopped the dogs and how?
3. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
4. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
5. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
6. How was Robin going to play a joke on the Miller?
7. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
8. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
9. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
10. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)