|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Sheriff of Nottingham described?
(a) A tall, merry fellow who roams the greenwood.
(b) A fat rogue of a fellow.
(c) A certain fellow with a sour temper and a grim look.
(d) A stout, lusty fellow with a quick temper.
2. How long did the Sheriff wait to get his warrant served?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
3. What does the farmer call his daughter?
(a) A vixen.
(b) A wench.
(c) A scullery maid.
(d) A lovely lady.
4. What was the prize offered to the winner of the contest?
(a) A hundred pounds sterling.
(b) A golden arrow.
(c) Five hundred pounds sterling.
(d) Fourscore golden angels.
5. Why did the Palmer walk away muttering?
(a) He was out of nails.
(b) He was told that David wanted to watch Will hang.
(c) He thought that Robin wouldn't come.
(d) He felt that he would want to watch the hanging and knew nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the message to the Sheriff that Robin had won the prize?
2. What drew Robin to Locksley Town?
3. Why was Robin's heart sick within him?
4. How much money does Robin give to the farmer as a dowry for his daughter?
5. Why did Will leave the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the King say of Richard of the Lea's loyalty to Robin Hood?
2. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
3. Why was the King moved by Sir Henry's fealty?
4. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
5. How does the Miller try and avoid conflict?
6. Why did the Sheriff think to take Robin for a fool?
7. Why did people stop and stare at the three travelers?
8. Why was the mob of people that fell upon David of Doncaster placated?
9. Why wouldn't the Sheriff help the Knight?
10. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)