|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the bishop that was due to marry Ellen a Dale from?
2. What was the noise of distress?
(a) A young man weeping.
(b) A friar praying.
(c) A girl weeping.
(d) A fight between two stout yeoman.
3. Where does the friar dwell that will help him?
(a) Hilldale Valley abbey.
(b) Fountain abbey.
(c) Fall abbey.
(d) Fountains abbey.
4. Who was the only man as attractive as Will?
(a) Allan a Dale, the minstrel.
(b) Allan a Dale, the harpist.
(c) Alan a Dale, the harpist.
(d) Alan a Dale, the minstrel.
5. Who did Little John face in quarter staff?
(a) Eric o' London.
(b) Eric o' Lincoln.
(c) Ericsson o' Sweden.
(d) Jacques o' France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tanner sing of?
2. What feat of strength did the stranger perform?
3. Who was Robert?
4. According to Will Stutely, the stories are....?
5. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Sheriff's men at the Blue Boar know it was Will Stutely even though he was disguised?
2. Why did Robin invite Arthur to join the merry men?
3. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
4. Why did Robin punish the Sheriff?
5. What does the Sheriff offer "Jock" to join his band?
6. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
7. Why do the cook and Little John fight?
8. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
9. Why wouldn't anyone go to serve the warrant for Robin Hood's arrest?
10. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)