|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
(b) Lincoln Town.
2. When is Will due to be hanged?
(a) Tomorrow morn.
(c) Tomorrow noon.
(d) Tomorrow day.
3. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
(a) He thought that he would make good money.
(b) It was warm in the winter and fattening in the summer.
(c) It was a good living.
(d) He thought he would find some merry jest.
4. According to Will Stutely, the stories are....?
(a) Fanciful drawn beauty.
(b) All lies.
(c) Fine to listen to, bad to follow.
(d) Tales of fancy to placate children.
5. What two dogs did Will Scarlet speak to?
(a) Fangs and Beauty.
(b) Beauty and Sweet Lips.
(c) Bell Throat and Beauty.
(d) Fangs and Sweet Lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the friar talking to when Robin happened upon him?
2. How many times did the Sheriff of Nottingham try and take Robin?
3. Why did Will leave the home?
4. What was the noise of distress?
5. What deal had been struck between Robin and the Bishop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the bishop want to dine with Robin in Sherwood?
2. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
3. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
4. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
5. For what two reasons did the Sheriff of Nottingham vow to bring the outlaw Robin Hood to justice?
6. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
7. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
8. What reasons does Robin give the Tinker to join his band of merry men?
9. Why does Robin give back the Sheriff his silver and not take his money?
10. For what kinds of reasons were the people who joined Robin's band outcasts?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)