|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drew Robin to Locksley Town?
(a) A chance to prove himself the best marksman in England.
(b) An adventure.
(c) A butt of good October brewing.
(d) A ladies look.
2. From where had the messenger come?
(a) Sherwood forest.
(c) Banbury Town.
3. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
(a) The kings dun deer.
(b) His merry men with horns upon their head.
(c) A dozen elk.
(d) His neighbors cattle.
4. How many times did the Sheriff of Nottingham try and take Robin?
5. How did Robin's arrow fly?
(a) Straight into the other's arrow.
(d) Right beside the strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does Will give bread to?
2. What was the stranger's name?
3. Who is the stranger?
4. Who does Robin send into the forest?
5. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Henry say about the Sheriff's request for assistance?
2. What does Robin ask of his band of men when he leaves?
3. Why did the other foresters not go after Robin Hood?
4. Why did Robin wish for Allan a Dale to stay with the band?
5. Why did people try to get May Ellen from her tower and why wouldn't she marry?
6. What is a dowry and why did the promise of one make the farmer give his blessing?
7. How did Will show unmitigated bravery?
8. Why didn't Robin want Little John to go to the fair?
9. What vows did the men who joined Robin's band make?
10. What did Friar Tuck say of Robin Hood?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)