|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robin tell his men to be?
2. What is it that Robin digs into first?
(a) Pigeon pie.
(b) The eggs.
(c) Oat cakes.
(d) A knuckle of ham.
3. What was the beggars quarterstaff made of?
4. Who sits at the head of the table?
(a) The least important person.
(b) The most important or rich person.
(c) The maids.
(d) The servants.
5. Why was it such a fierce fight?
(a) There were swords used.
(b) It was to the death.
(c) It was long and drawn out.
(d) It was evenly matched.
6. What prize is NOT offered at the fair?
7. How much money did the knight have?
(a) Eight shillings.
(b) Twelve shillings.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Four shillings.
8. Why did Little John wish to die?
(a) He thought Robin was dead.
(b) He thought that the band of merry men had been taken and hung.
(c) He was being tortured.
(d) He suffered from manic depression.
9. What was "one of the greatest joys" to befall Robin and his merry men?
(a) Allan a Dale's singing.
(b) A good skin of March ale.
(c) A roasted spit of venison.
(d) The sight of Maid Marion.
10. Which was the first beggar to fight with Robin?
(a) The "Dumb" beggar.
(b) The "Deaf" beggar.
(c) The "Blind" beggar.
(d) The "Lame" beggar.
11. Why does the author not bid that you follow further?
(a) It is all lies.
(b) It is Robins' wish that it not be told.
(c) The following is sad.
(d) It is legend only, not truth.
12. How many arrows flew into the thicket after Robin?
13. Who was not included in the men the King took?
(a) Allan a Dale.
(b) Will Scarlet.
(c) Little John.
(d) Will Stutely.
14. Why was the Sheriff of Nottingham vexed?
(a) The outlaws had gained favor with the King.
(b) The outlaws had thwarted him again.
(c) The outlaws had been given higher standings than he.
(d) The King had no longer got favor in him.
15. What was Little John's thoughts consumed by?
(a) A butt of Malmsey.
(c) Sweet lasses.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bowl?
2. Why did Robin's cousin do him harm?
3. Where did Good King Richard die?
4. What does Robin offer the beggar for a share of his food?
5. Where was the tournament held?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)