|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story made the ladies of the court laugh?
(a) Robin and the Friar's meeting.
(b) The Bishop and Sir Richard of the Lea.
(c) Robin and Little John's meeting.
(d) Little John's service to the Sheriff of Nottingham.
2. What did Little John rub the string of his bow?
(a) Oil from his hair.
(b) Yellow beeswax.
(c) White tallow wax.
(d) His fingers.
3. What did Good King Richard and his band do?
(a) Took them all captive.
(b) Garnished their money.
(c) Gave them all free pardons.
(d) Killed them all.
4. What was said was on the challengers hands?
(b) Talcum power.
(c) Lemon juice.
(d) Bird lime.
5. Why did Robin take the three beggars' money?
(a) They had treated Will Scarlet unfairly.
(b) They were lying to those who would give charitably.
(c) They had caused Robin some discomfort.
(d) They had denounced Maid Marion.
6. Why did Little John wish to die?
(a) He was being tortured.
(b) He thought Robin was dead.
(c) He thought that the band of merry men had been taken and hung.
(d) He suffered from manic depression.
7. What does Robin offer the beggar for a share of his food?
(a) Three golden angels.
(b) A skin of wine.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) A skin of ale.
8. How did Robin tell Little John he was dying?
(a) That he should go to the safe and clear it out.
(b) That he was to take over the band.
(c) To bury him forthwith.
(d) They would never roam the woodlands again.
9. How much money did Little John leave with them?
(a) Ten shillings.
(b) Five pence.
(c) Six pence.
(d) Twelve shillings.
10. Why was it such a fierce fight?
(a) There were swords used.
(b) It was evenly matched.
(c) It was long and drawn out.
(d) It was to the death.
11. How many men did Little John bring back to say goodbye?
(d) Eight and Twenty.
12. How did Little John lift Robin?
(a) Like a mother lifts her child.
(b) Like a fireman.
(c) With great tenderness.
(d) Like a soldier bearing a weapon to fire.
13. What caused the fever?
(a) A mysterious illness.
(b) A butt of bad beer.
(c) A thickening of the blood.
(d) Robin's brooding about those who he'd killed.
14. Who was this person looking for?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) Allan a Dale.
(c) Will Scarlet.
(d) Little John.
15. Why was Robin disheartened?
(a) He was surrounded.
(b) He wasn't invited to the contest.
(c) He hadn't gained the Queen's favor.
(d) He lost the contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Robin give the knight to pay him back?
2. What grieved Sir Robert Lee?
3. Who was the well dressed lad of no more than sixteen?
4. What kind of bird sits inside the "blossoming hedge"?
5. How much money did the knight have?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)