|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the King's service, and the son of a beneficiary of Robin?
(a) Sir James of the Lea.
(b) Sir Robert of the Lea.
(c) Sir Henry of the Lea.
(d) Sir George of the Lea.
2. What did Robin hold as he died?
(a) His bow.
(b) Little John's hand.
(c) His golden arrow.
(d) His bugle.
3. How many pounds did the knight owe on his estate?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Six hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
4. How did Robin tell Little John he was dying?
(a) That he was to take over the band.
(b) They would never roam the woodlands again.
(c) That he should go to the safe and clear it out.
(d) To bury him forthwith.
5. Why was the Sheriff of Nottingham vexed?
(a) The outlaws had gained favor with the King.
(b) The outlaws had been given higher standings than he.
(c) The King had no longer got favor in him.
(d) The outlaws had thwarted him again.
6. What did Robin give the beggar for his clothes?
(a) His suit of Lincoln green.
(b) A skin of ale.
(c) Three golden angels.
(d) His friar costume.
7. Why does the author not bid that you follow further?
(a) It is Robins' wish that it not be told.
(b) It is legend only, not truth.
(c) It is all lies.
(d) The following is sad.
8. How many eggs did the beggar have?
9. What was the name of the yeoman who'd held his own until he met William?
10. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
(b) A ring.
(d) A fine belt.
11. Who was the stranger?
(a) Larson of London.
(b) Yarwick of York.
(c) Guy of Gisbourne.
(d) Jay of Gainsborough.
12. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
(a) Three shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
(b) Two shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
(c) Three shillings four pence and a halfpenny.
(d) One golden angel, and ten shillings.
13. Who moved the King to break his promise to the Queen?
(a) Little John.
(b) The Bishop of Hereford.
(c) The Sheriff of Nottingham.
(d) Richard Partington.
14. How much money did Robin bring with him?
(a) Eight golden angels.
(b) Ten golden angels.
(c) Five golden angels.
(d) Twelve golden angels.
15. What is the knight's name?
(a) Sir William.
(b) Sir Richard.
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Sir George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story made the ladies of the court laugh?
2. Who was the King's page?
3. Who was this person looking for?
4. Robin talked until Little John promised....?
5. Who did Robin run into on the borders of Sherwood?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)