|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the tournament held?
(a) Georgetowns fields.
(b) Strawson fields.
(c) London's Hyde Park.
(d) Finsbury fields.
2. Where did Good King Richard die?
(a) Upon the battlefield.
(b) At the hands of foreign leaders.
(c) In his sleep.
(d) Aside his wife in bed.
3. Who was the well dressed lad of no more than sixteen?
(a) Richard Partington, the King's page.
(b) Richard Partington, the Queen's page.
(c) Derrick Passington, the King's page.
(d) None of these.
4. What trades did the beggars have?
(a) One of honesty.
(b) They were all carpenters.
(c) One of lies.
(d) They all helped people.
5. Who sent the assassin?
(a) King Richard.
(b) The Sheriff of Nottingham.
(c) The Bishop of Hereford.
(d) King Edward.
6. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
(a) A fine belt.
(b) A ring.
7. Who was this person looking for?
(a) Allan a Dale.
(b) Little John.
(c) Robin Hood.
(d) Will Scarlet.
8. What kind of bird sits inside the "blossoming hedge"?
(a) A crow.
(b) A robin.
(c) A finch.
(d) A sparrow.
9. What was "one of the greatest joys" to befall Robin and his merry men?
(a) Allan a Dale's singing.
(b) The sight of Maid Marion.
(c) A roasted spit of venison.
(d) A good skin of March ale.
10. Who was in the King's service, and the son of a beneficiary of Robin?
(a) Sir Robert of the Lea.
(b) Sir George of the Lea.
(c) Sir James of the Lea.
(d) Sir Henry of the Lea.
11. How did Little John lift Robin?
(a) Like a mother lifts her child.
(b) Like a soldier bearing a weapon to fire.
(c) Like a fireman.
(d) With great tenderness.
12. How did Robin tell Little John he was dying?
(a) They would never roam the woodlands again.
(b) To bury him forthwith.
(c) That he should go to the safe and clear it out.
(d) That he was to take over the band.
13. What did Little John rub the string of his bow?
(a) White tallow wax.
(b) His fingers.
(c) Oil from his hair.
(d) Yellow beeswax.
14. Which was the first beggar to fight with Robin?
(a) The "Blind" beggar.
(b) The "Lame" beggar.
(c) The "Deaf" beggar.
(d) The "Dumb" beggar.
15. Why did Little John wish to die?
(a) He thought that the band of merry men had been taken and hung.
(b) He suffered from manic depression.
(c) He thought Robin was dead.
(d) He was being tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not included in the men the King took?
2. What did Robin and his band do with the prizes they had won?
3. What is in the bowl?
4. What did Good King Richard and his band do?
5. What was given to Robin as a present?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)