|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amount of money did the cobbler have?
(a) Three shillings four pence and a halfpenny.
(b) Two shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
(c) One golden angel, and ten shillings.
(d) Three shillings, six pence and a halfpenny.
2. What is in the bowl?
(a) Pork soup.
(d) A crab.
3. Who sits at the head of the table?
(a) The maids.
(b) The least important person.
(c) The servants.
(d) The most important or rich person.
4. What does Robin dress as?
(a) A knight.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A prior.
(d) A stout yeoman.
5. What disguise did the King wear?
(a) The Order of the Black Friar.
(b) Prior's robes.
(c) A beggars clothes.
(d) A yeomans clothes.
6. What story made the ladies of the court laugh?
(a) Robin and Little John's meeting.
(b) Robin and the Friar's meeting.
(c) The Bishop and Sir Richard of the Lea.
(d) Little John's service to the Sheriff of Nottingham.
7. Who was in the King's service, and the son of a beneficiary of Robin?
(a) Sir James of the Lea.
(b) Sir Robert of the Lea.
(c) Sir Henry of the Lea.
(d) Sir George of the Lea.
8. Robin thought of naught but....?
(a) Birds songs.
(b) A new adventure.
(c) Maid Marion.
(d) The merry doings of his band.
9. Why did Little John wish to die?
(a) He suffered from manic depression.
(b) He thought that the band of merry men had been taken and hung.
(c) He was being tortured.
(d) He thought Robin was dead.
10. Where were the other two friars headed?
11. How much money did the Friars have?
(a) One hundred eighty golden angels.
(b) Four hundred, twenty golden angels.
(c) One hundred sixty golden angels.
(d) One hundred fifty golden angels.
12. Why would the information about the Sheriff be of interest to Robin?
(a) He was being cruel to some ladies.
(b) He was involved in the crowd that attacked David.
(c) He was lying through his teeth and spreading rumors of Robin.
(d) He was profiting illegally and therefore doing nefarious dealings.
13. What item of apparel was bestowed on the winner of the wrestling match?
(a) A ring.
(b) A fine belt.
14. Little John broke the door as though it were made of...?
(a) Decayed wood.
(b) Dead branches.
(c) Brittle ice.
(d) Fine china.
15. What grieved Sir Robert Lee?
(a) To see such a knave as Robin on the field.
(b) To see the reward posters for Robin and his band of men come down.
(c) To hear the Bishop speak so horribly of someone else.
(d) To see the King break his promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many arrows flew into the thicket after Robin?
2. What was "one of the greatest joys" to befall Robin and his merry men?
3. What bird did the stranger resemble?
4. What trades did the beggars have?
5. What day did he leave to find someone to help him?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)