|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
(b) He thought that he would make sport of them.
(c) He wanted to see what it was all about.
(d) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
2. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
(a) His necklace.
(b) His finery.
(c) Him to officiate the ceremony.
(d) His wealth.
3. Where does the friar dwell that will help him?
(a) Fall abbey.
(b) Fountains abbey.
(c) Hilldale Valley abbey.
(d) Fountain abbey.
4. Why did Will leave the home?
(a) He boxed his father's steward on the ear and accidentally killed him.
(b) He stole from his father.
(c) He stole from the local abbot.
(d) He murdered a man in cold blood.
5. What was the prize offered to the winner of the contest?
(a) A hundred pounds sterling.
(b) Five hundred pounds sterling.
(c) Fourscore golden angels.
(d) A golden arrow.
6. From where had the messenger come?
(a) Banbury Town.
(c) Sherwood forest.
7. Who is the Friar?
(a) Friar Travis.
(b) Friar Tack.
(c) Friar Tuck.
(d) Friar Alex.
8. What two dogs did Will Scarlet speak to?
(a) Fangs and Sweet Lips.
(b) Fangs and Beauty.
(c) Beauty and Sweet Lips.
(d) Bell Throat and Beauty.
9. How much did "Robert" want for his cattle?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Four hundred pounds.
(c) Three hundred pounds.
(d) Five hundred pounds.
10. What bird does Will give bread to?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A magpie.
11. What flowers trailed down the Inn?
12. How did Robin's arrow fly?
(a) Straight into the other's arrow.
(d) Right beside the strangers.
13. What was the name of the Tanner?
(a) Arthur a Bland.
(b) Bart a Bland.
(c) Arther a Bland.
(d) Arthur a Land.
14. According to Will Stutely, the stories are....?
(a) All lies.
(b) Tales of fancy to placate children.
(c) Fine to listen to, bad to follow.
(d) Fanciful drawn beauty.
15. Why did Robin accompany Little John to the edge of Sherwood?
(a) So he could have some new sport with the Tanner.
(b) So he could convince the Tanner to beguile him with song.
(c) So Little John wouldn't be distracted.
(d) So he could play a joke on Little John.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months had passed since Little John had been in Sherwood?
2. Why did Robin lighten the sack of the Sheriff?
3. For what reason did Little John justify going to the Blue Boar?
4. What did Little John speak of Robin and his band to the Sheriff?
5. Which season brought the great fair?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)