|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robin send into the forest?
(a) Will Stutely.
(b) None of these.
(c) The Tinker.
(d) Little John.
2. Where had Allan a Dale come from?
3. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
(a) His neighbors cattle.
(b) A dozen elk.
(c) The kings dun deer.
(d) His merry men with horns upon their head.
4. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
(a) Right well.
(b) Very good.
(c) Right merrily.
(d) Very poor.
5. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
6. Which season brought the great fair?
7. Why did the Palmer walk away muttering?
(a) He was out of nails.
(b) He was told that David wanted to watch Will hang.
(c) He felt that he would want to watch the hanging and knew nothing.
(d) He thought that Robin wouldn't come.
8. Who did Robin meet on the road on the boarder of Sherwood?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A friar.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) A priest.
9. Who is the stranger?
(a) Robin's nephew.
(b) Robin's uncle.
(c) Robin's unknown son.
(d) Robin's cousin.
10. What does the farmer call his daughter?
(a) A wench.
(b) A vixen.
(c) A scullery maid.
(d) A lovely lady.
11. Who was the friar talking to when Robin happened upon him?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) Will Scarlet.
(c) His dogs.
12. How many days did it take Robin's pain to fade?
13. What bird does Will give bread to?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A pigeon.
14. Why did Robin kill the forester?
(a) He had insulted Robin.
(b) Because he had shot upon Robin.
(c) He had insulted Maid Marion.
(d) He had destroyed Robin's bow.
15. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He wanted to see what it was all about.
(b) He thought that he would make sport of them.
(c) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
(d) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the penalty for poaching the king's game?
2. What flowers trailed down the Inn?
3. How high did the Sheriff threaten to hang people who refused to comply?
4. How did the constable know that Will wasn't a priest?
5. What does the Tanner sing of?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)