|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
2. Why did Will leave the home?
(a) He murdered a man in cold blood.
(b) He stole from his father.
(c) He stole from the local abbot.
(d) He boxed his father's steward on the ear and accidentally killed him.
3. What color is the stranger wearing?
(d) Light blue.
4. What doesn't Robin like of Little John's return?
(a) He took so long.
(b) He brought the cook.
(c) He took the Sheriff's silver.
(d) He didn't take the food instead.
5. How much did their food cost?
(a) Eight pennies.
(b) Six pennies.
(c) Four pence.
(d) Twelve pence.
6. Who will be chief while Robin is gone?
(a) Will Scarlet.
(b) Little John.
(c) Will Scathelock.
(d) Arthur a Bland.
7. What does Will sing of?
(a) Flowers and birds.
(b) A huge battle had between the knights of Camelot and a beast.
(c) Birds and tranquility.
(d) Flowers and tranquility.
8. According to Will Stutely, the stories are....?
(a) Fine to listen to, bad to follow.
(b) All lies.
(c) Fanciful drawn beauty.
(d) Tales of fancy to placate children.
9. What did the friar have beneath his clerical robes?
(b) A gown of chain mail.
(c) A suit of Lincoln green.
(d) None of these.
10. What does Little John want to wear for a disguise?
(a) A friars suit.
(b) A suit of violet.
(c) A soldiers suit of armor.
(d) A suit of scarlet.
11. Why did Robin accompany Little John to the edge of Sherwood?
(a) So he could convince the Tanner to beguile him with song.
(b) So he could play a joke on Little John.
(c) So Little John wouldn't be distracted.
(d) So he could have some new sport with the Tanner.
12. Where was the bishop that was due to marry Ellen a Dale from?
13. What fee would those who joined Robins' band gain?
(a) Fifty marks.
(b) Forty pounds.
(c) Forty marks.
(d) Forty shillings.
14. How is the Sheriff of Nottingham described?
(a) A tall, merry fellow who roams the greenwood.
(b) A certain fellow with a sour temper and a grim look.
(c) A stout, lusty fellow with a quick temper.
(d) A fat rogue of a fellow.
15. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
(b) He thought that he would make sport of them.
(c) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
(d) He wanted to see what it was all about.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did "Robert" want for his cattle?
2. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
3. What did the Sheriff offer for the person who would serve Robin's warrant?
4. Which knight did Will Scathelock speak of?
5. What bird does Will give bread to?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)