|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the friar talking to when Robin happened upon him?
(a) His dogs.
(b) Robin Hood.
(d) Will Scarlet.
2. What trees surrounded the inn?
(a) Alder trees.
(b) Pine trees.
(c) Oak trees.
(d) Maple trees.
3. What was the prize offered to the winner of the contest?
(a) Fourscore golden angels.
(b) A hundred pounds sterling.
(c) Five hundred pounds sterling.
(d) A golden arrow.
4. How many days did it take Robin's pain to fade?
5. What feat of strength did the stranger perform?
(a) He pulled up a sapling without struggle.
(b) He beat Robin.
(c) He tossed a boulder out of the way.
(d) He beat Little John.
6. Why did Robin kill the forester?
(a) He had insulted Robin.
(b) He had insulted Maid Marion.
(c) Because he had shot upon Robin.
(d) He had destroyed Robin's bow.
7. Why did the man call Robin a coward?
(a) Robin wouldn't fight.
(b) Robin called for backup.
(c) Robin was to turn about and not cross.
(d) Robin was going to let fly with his bow, while all he had was a staff.
8. Who loved a good joke?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) Will Stutely.
(c) John Little.
(d) Friar Tuck.
9. Which season brought the great fair?
10. What is the new plan of the Sheriff?
(a) To post constables on the road and paths.
(b) To post men at every tavern looking for Robin.
(c) To pay a huge sum to someone willing to go after Robin.
(d) To leave it be.
11. What does the farmer call his daughter?
(a) A lovely lady.
(b) A scullery maid.
(c) A vixen.
(d) A wench.
12. What drew Robin to Locksley Town?
(a) A ladies look.
(b) A butt of good October brewing.
(c) A chance to prove himself the best marksman in England.
(d) An adventure.
13. Why did the cook like the steward?
(a) He talked of giving him ale and ten shillings.
(b) He talked of giving him wine and ten shillings.
(c) He always agreed with the cook.
(d) He talked of speaking in his favor to the Sheriff.
14. Why did Robin accompany Little John to the edge of Sherwood?
(a) So Little John wouldn't be distracted.
(b) So he could convince the Tanner to beguile him with song.
(c) So he could play a joke on Little John.
(d) So he could have some new sport with the Tanner.
15. Who did Robin meet on the road on the boarder of Sherwood?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) A priest.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Allan a Dale come from?
2. What did Little John speak of Robin and his band to the Sheriff?
3. What fee would those who joined Robins' band gain?
4. How much did their food cost?
5. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)