|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Tanner?
(a) Arthur a Land.
(b) Bart a Bland.
(c) Arthur a Bland.
(d) Arther a Bland.
2. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
(a) It was warm in the winter and fattening in the summer.
(b) He thought he would find some merry jest.
(c) It was a good living.
(d) He thought that he would make good money.
3. What was the penalty for poaching the king's game?
(a) Feet broken.
(c) Hands broken.
(d) Shaven ears.
4. Why did the man call Robin a coward?
(a) Robin wouldn't fight.
(b) Robin called for backup.
(c) Robin was going to let fly with his bow, while all he had was a staff.
(d) Robin was to turn about and not cross.
5. Who did Little John face in quarter staff?
(a) Jacques o' France.
(b) Ericsson o' Sweden.
(c) Eric o' London.
(d) Eric o' Lincoln.
6. Why did the two men fight on the bridge?
(a) The stranger wanted to bring Robin in for the bounty.
(b) Neither wanted to let the other pass.
(c) The stranger wanted to claim Maid Marion for his wife.
(d) One had insulted the other.
7. How high did the Sheriff threaten to hang people who refused to comply?
(a) Forty cubits.
(b) Fifty cubits.
(c) Ten cubits.
(d) Sixty cubits.
8. Who will be chief while Robin is gone?
(a) Will Scathelock.
(b) Arthur a Bland.
(c) Little John.
(d) Will Scarlet.
9. Who was the friar talking to when Robin happened upon him?
(a) Will Scarlet.
(b) His dogs.
(d) Robin Hood.
10. Why was Robin's heart sick within him?
(a) He had hurt himself.
(b) He had suffered a mild heart attack.
(c) He had killed a man.
(d) He had lost the girl of his dreams.
11. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
(a) The kings dun deer.
(b) His neighbors cattle.
(c) A dozen elk.
(d) His merry men with horns upon their head.
12. How many times did the Sheriff of Nottingham try and take Robin?
13. How long had Robin's band seen no sport?
14. What two dogs did Will Scarlet speak to?
(a) Fangs and Beauty.
(b) Bell Throat and Beauty.
(c) Fangs and Sweet Lips.
(d) Beauty and Sweet Lips.
15. Where had Allan a Dale come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
2. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
3. How much did "Robert" want for his cattle?
4. For what reason did Little John head to see Hugh Longshanks of Ancaster?
5. What did Robin rename Will Gamwell?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)