|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Will Stutely, the stories are....?
(a) Fanciful drawn beauty.
(b) All lies.
(c) Fine to listen to, bad to follow.
(d) Tales of fancy to placate children.
2. Why did the Palmer walk away muttering?
(a) He was told that David wanted to watch Will hang.
(b) He thought that Robin wouldn't come.
(c) He was out of nails.
(d) He felt that he would want to watch the hanging and knew nothing.
3. How did Little John fare in the Sheriff's employ?
(a) Right well.
(b) Right merrily.
(c) Very poor.
(d) Very good.
4. What fee would those who joined Robins' band gain?
(a) Fifty marks.
(b) Forty shillings.
(c) Forty marks.
(d) Forty pounds.
5. Who did the friar call?
(a) His clergy.
(b) His dogs.
(c) The forest for help.
(d) His band of outlaws.
6. Which season brought the great fair?
7. Why was Robin mad at the Friar?
(a) He had insulted Robin.
(b) He had besmirched Robin's honor.
(c) He had insulted the fair Maid Marion.
(d) He had dumped Robin in the river.
8. What was the stranger's name?
(a) Little John.
(b) John Little.
(c) Friar Tuck.
(d) Friar Little.
9. Who did Little John face in quarter staff?
(a) Jacques o' France.
(b) Eric o' Lincoln.
(c) Ericsson o' Sweden.
(d) Eric o' London.
10. Who did Robin meet on the road on the boarder of Sherwood?
(a) A priest.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) A friar.
(d) A butcher.
11. What did Little John speak of Robin and his band to the Sheriff?
(a) They were green.
(b) They were scoundrels.
(c) They were deer.
(d) They were harts of green.
12. Why did Robin lighten the sack of the Sheriff?
(a) He offended Robin.
(b) He intended to kill Will Stutely.
(c) He tried to take advantage of youth.
(d) He harmed Little John.
13. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He wanted to see what it was all about.
(b) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
(c) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
(d) He thought that he would make sport of them.
14. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
(a) Good, sober folks of real history.
(b) Risque humor.
(c) Indecent descriptions.
(d) A corruption of knowledge.
15. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
(a) It was a good living.
(b) He thought that he would make good money.
(c) He thought he would find some merry jest.
(d) It was warm in the winter and fattening in the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feathers were the guides of Robin's arrows made from?
2. How long had Robin's band seen no sport?
3. How much did "Robert" want for his cattle?
4. What did the friar have beneath his clerical robes?
5. Why didn't the group continue to Ancaster?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)