|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer call his daughter?
(a) A wench.
(b) A scullery maid.
(c) A lovely lady.
(d) A vixen.
2. What fee would those who joined Robins' band gain?
(a) Fifty marks.
(b) Forty marks.
(c) Forty pounds.
(d) Forty shillings.
3. How many of the Sheriff's men laid on the ground?
4. Where does the friar dwell that will help him?
(a) Hilldale Valley abbey.
(b) Fall abbey.
(c) Fountain abbey.
(d) Fountains abbey.
5. What feat of strength did the stranger perform?
(a) He pulled up a sapling without struggle.
(b) He tossed a boulder out of the way.
(c) He beat Little John.
(d) He beat Robin.
6. How is the Sheriff of Nottingham described?
(a) A stout, lusty fellow with a quick temper.
(b) A certain fellow with a sour temper and a grim look.
(c) A fat rogue of a fellow.
(d) A tall, merry fellow who roams the greenwood.
7. What did Robin rename Will Gamwell?
(a) Will Canary.
(b) Will Rose.
(c) Will Skye.
(d) Will Scarlet.
8. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
(b) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
(c) He thought that he would make sport of them.
(d) He wanted to see what it was all about.
9. Who did Robin meet on the road on the boarder of Sherwood?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A friar.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) A priest.
10. How long did the Sheriff wait to get his warrant served?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) A fortnight.
11. What was the penalty for poaching the king's game?
(b) Shaven ears.
(c) Hands broken.
(d) Feet broken.
12. What doesn't Robin like of Little John's return?
(a) He brought the cook.
(b) He didn't take the food instead.
(c) He took the Sheriff's silver.
(d) He took so long.
13. How many times did the Sheriff of Nottingham try and take Robin?
14. Where had Allan a Dale come from?
15. What color is the stranger wearing?
(c) Light blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robin's arrow fly?
2. What was the name of the Tanner?
3. How many days did it take Robin's pain to fade?
4. What trees surrounded the inn?
5. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)