|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the horned beasts that he possessed?
(a) His merry men with horns upon their head.
(b) A dozen elk.
(c) His neighbors cattle.
(d) The kings dun deer.
2. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
(a) Indecent descriptions.
(b) A corruption of knowledge.
(c) Good, sober folks of real history.
(d) Risque humor.
3. What bird does Will give bread to?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A magpie.
4. Why did Robin kill the forester?
(a) He had insulted Robin.
(b) He had insulted Maid Marion.
(c) Because he had shot upon Robin.
(d) He had destroyed Robin's bow.
5. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His finery.
(c) His necklace.
(d) Him to officiate the ceremony.
6. Why did Little John enter into service with the Sheriff?
(a) He thought he would find some merry jest.
(b) It was a good living.
(c) It was warm in the winter and fattening in the summer.
(d) He thought that he would make good money.
7. How many of the Sheriff's men laid on the ground?
8. Who was Robert?
(a) Will Stutely.
(b) Little John.
(d) David of Doncaster.
9. What was the noise of distress?
(a) A young man weeping.
(b) A friar praying.
(c) A fight between two stout yeoman.
(d) A girl weeping.
10. What does the Tanner sing of?
(a) The wooing of Sir Keith of Camelot.
(b) A mighty battle that was had, unnamed.
(c) The wooing of Sir Gawaine of Camelot.
(d) The battles of Arthur at Camelot.
11. Why did the man call Robin a coward?
(a) Robin wouldn't fight.
(b) Robin called for backup.
(c) Robin was going to let fly with his bow, while all he had was a staff.
(d) Robin was to turn about and not cross.
12. Why did Robin follow the voices and commotion?
(a) He wanted to see what it was all about.
(b) He thought that Little John ran afoul of the Kings' Foresters.
(c) He thought that it would be funny to play with them.
(d) He thought that he would make sport of them.
13. What does Little John want to wear for a disguise?
(a) A soldiers suit of armor.
(b) A friars suit.
(c) A suit of violet.
(d) A suit of scarlet.
14. How did the constable know that Will wasn't a priest?
(a) He took up his sword.
(b) The Innkeeper told him.
(c) The house cat had rubbed up the friar's robe and he'd seen the green.
(d) He recognized the walk.
15. Why was Robin mad at the Friar?
(a) He had insulted the fair Maid Marion.
(b) He had dumped Robin in the river.
(c) He had insulted Robin.
(d) He had besmirched Robin's honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Will due to be hanged?
2. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
3. How many days did it take Robin's pain to fade?
4. Why did the cook like the steward?
5. How much did their food cost?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)