|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the prize offered to the winner of the contest?
(a) Fourscore golden angels.
(b) A hundred pounds sterling.
(c) A golden arrow.
(d) Five hundred pounds sterling.
2. What two instruments were played?
(a) Bagpipes and harps.
(b) Bagpipes and Lutes.
(c) Harps and Sitars.
(d) Harps and Lutes.
3. Who was Robert?
(a) Will Stutely.
(b) David of Doncaster.
(c) Little John.
4. What trees surrounded the inn?
(a) Alder trees.
(b) Oak trees.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) Pine trees.
5. What feat of strength did the stranger perform?
(a) He beat Little John.
(b) He beat Robin.
(c) He tossed a boulder out of the way.
(d) He pulled up a sapling without struggle.
6. What is the new plan of the Sheriff?
(a) To pay a huge sum to someone willing to go after Robin.
(b) To post men at every tavern looking for Robin.
(c) To leave it be.
(d) To post constables on the road and paths.
7. What deal had been struck between Robin and the Bishop?
(a) That he could make the lady love her husband.
(b) That he would send the friars dogs on him if he didn't officiate the ceremony.
(c) That he wouldn't give him anything, but take all.
(d) That he would never come back ever.
8. What were the Sheriff's company surprised to see?
(a) Him come back at all.
(b) Him come out of the forest with a sack on his shoulders.
(c) Him come back in the company of Robin Hood.
(d) Him come back without "Reynold".
9. Who was the friar talking to when Robin happened upon him?
(b) His dogs.
(c) Will Scarlet.
(d) Robin Hood.
10. Why did the cook like the steward?
(a) He talked of giving him ale and ten shillings.
(b) He talked of speaking in his favor to the Sheriff.
(c) He always agreed with the cook.
(d) He talked of giving him wine and ten shillings.
11. Why did Will get the color back to his face?
(a) He saw Robin in the press.
(b) He saw the Tinker.
(c) He saw Little John.
(d) He knew he wouldn't die that day.
12. How long was Robin in Sherwood forest?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
13. What drew Robin to Locksley Town?
(a) A ladies look.
(b) A chance to prove himself the best marksman in England.
(c) A butt of good October brewing.
(d) An adventure.
14. How is the Sheriff of Nottingham described?
(a) A stout, lusty fellow with a quick temper.
(b) A tall, merry fellow who roams the greenwood.
(c) A certain fellow with a sour temper and a grim look.
(d) A fat rogue of a fellow.
15. Where does the friar dwell that will help him?
(a) Fountains abbey.
(b) Fountain abbey.
(c) Fall abbey.
(d) Hilldale Valley abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the friar have beneath his clerical robes?
2. Why did Robin accompany Little John to the edge of Sherwood?
3. How many days did it take Robin's pain to fade?
4. What two dogs did Will Scarlet speak to?
5. Why did the man call Robin a coward?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)