|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Robin mad at the Friar?
(a) He had insulted the fair Maid Marion.
(b) He had dumped Robin in the river.
(c) He had insulted Robin.
(d) He had besmirched Robin's honor.
2. What color is the stranger wearing?
(c) Light blue.
3. What did Robin ask of the Bishop for the bride?
(a) His finery.
(b) His necklace.
(c) His wealth.
(d) Him to officiate the ceremony.
4. Why did the two men fight on the bridge?
(a) Neither wanted to let the other pass.
(b) The stranger wanted to claim Maid Marion for his wife.
(c) The stranger wanted to bring Robin in for the bounty.
(d) One had insulted the other.
5. What does Little John want to wear for a disguise?
(a) A soldiers suit of armor.
(b) A suit of violet.
(c) A friars suit.
(d) A suit of scarlet.
6. Why was Robin's heart sick within him?
(a) He had lost the girl of his dreams.
(b) He had hurt himself.
(c) He had killed a man.
(d) He had suffered a mild heart attack.
7. What town did the Sheriff head to to get his warrant served?
(d) Lincoln Town.
8. What feat of strength did the stranger perform?
(a) He tossed a boulder out of the way.
(b) He beat Robin.
(c) He beat Little John.
(d) He pulled up a sapling without struggle.
9. How high did the Sheriff threaten to hang people who refused to comply?
(a) Sixty cubits.
(b) Ten cubits.
(c) Fifty cubits.
(d) Forty cubits.
10. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
(a) Risque humor.
(b) Good, sober folks of real history.
(c) Indecent descriptions.
(d) A corruption of knowledge.
11. What fee would those who joined Robins' band gain?
(a) Fifty marks.
(b) Forty marks.
(c) Forty shillings.
(d) Forty pounds.
12. Who will be chief while Robin is gone?
(a) Little John.
(b) Will Scarlet.
(c) Arthur a Bland.
(d) Will Scathelock.
13. What does the farmer call his daughter?
(a) A lovely lady.
(b) A wench.
(c) A vixen.
(d) A scullery maid.
14. What flowers trailed down the Inn?
15. Why did Will leave the home?
(a) He stole from the local abbot.
(b) He murdered a man in cold blood.
(c) He stole from his father.
(d) He boxed his father's steward on the ear and accidentally killed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Friar?
2. Why did Robin accompany Little John to the edge of Sherwood?
3. Where was the bishop that was due to marry Ellen a Dale from?
4. What did Robin rename Will Gamwell?
5. Why did Robin lighten the sack of the Sheriff?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)