Short Answer Key
Preface and Prologue
1. What will the reader be scandalized by seeing?
Good, sober folks of real history.
2. Who is the fair lady to whom others bow?
3. How is the Sheriff of Nottingham described?
A certain fellow with a sour temper and a grim look.
4. What drew Robin to Locksley Town?
A butt of good October brewing.
5. What feathers were the guides of Robin's arrows made from?
Grey goose feather.
6. Why was Robin's heart sick within him?
He had killed a man.
7. How long had Robin's band seen no sport?
8. Why did the two men fight on the bridge?
Neither wanted to let the other pass.
9. How did Robin's arrow fly?
Straight into the other's arrow.
10. What was the stranger's name?
11. What was John Little christened with as Little John?
This section contains 2,031 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)