* The author explains that the reader should not look for seriousness, but for fun and bright colors, and the author goes through a list of characters that will be in the stories.
* Robin Hood is introduced as an excellent archer who has the love of the people due to the fact that he never feigns help when it is most needed.
* When Robin is a youth, he heads out to an archery tournament sponsored by the Sheriff of Nottingham, and while on the way is ridiculed when he runs into the king's foresters and challenges them to a duel that he wins and offends one of the foresters.
* The forester, shamed, lets fly an arrow close to his head, and Robin returns fire, killing him.
* Robin finds that the joy has been removed from his day by the deed he has done, and a two...
This section contains 4,815 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)