|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meridian goes back to church at a ____________ church.
2. Why does Lynne go to Truman's studio?
3. Who is being honored at the gathering of people?
4. Meridian and Truman encounter a man making ___________ out of newspaper.
5. What is Lynne's religious affiliation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of injustice. Identify at least two examples about injustice in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of injustice.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Truman Held. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Meridian and Lynne. Why is Truman attracted to both women? Why did he choose Lynne to become his wife? What qualities about Lynne are undesirable for him?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)