|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "Free at Last" take place?
2. Why does the man in #121 tell Lynne that she should have sex with him?
3. The man in #121 wants to know what it is Lynne can't stand--_____________ or blacks.
4. Who is with Truman in his studio?
5. What is notable about Meridian's appearance at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Walker is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book MERIDIAN? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)