|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Margaret Treasure doing when Meridian and Truman encounter her?
2. Where is Meridian in "Free at Last?"
3. What does Lynne recall about the place in #139?
4. When does "Free at Last" take place?
5. What does Lynne do to the man in #121 after he rapes her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lynne. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of spirituality and ecstasy in Meridian's life. Under what circumstances does she reach this point? Is this something she can control? Does she consider it a gift or a curse?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)