|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meridian alternately visit Truman and Lynne for a while?
2. What is the name of the sick woman?
3. How did the owners of the deli used to view Lynne?
4. What relationship does Truman want with Lynne?
5. Why does the man in #121 bring some NOTC boys to Lynne's house the next day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
MERIDIAN is sometimes defined as being written in the historical fiction style. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Meridian, Truman and Lynne. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, socialization, and any other key attributes.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)