|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Fast Mary of the Tower?
(a) A college track star.
(b) Mary, Queen of Scots.
(c) A girl who killed her baby at college.
(d) A girl who entered college as a junior.
2. Who is Tommy Odds?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A televangelist.
(c) A Civil Rights worker.
(d) A professor.
3. What did Anne-Marion do to make the Dean of Women so angry?
(a) She smoked in the classroom.
(b) She led a strike of cafeteria workers.
(c) She cut off her hair.
(d) She had a boy in her dorm room.
4. Who is Meridian's friend who also got pregnant at the age of 14?
5. What did the woman in #24 bury beneath the big magnolia tree?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Her severed tongue.
(d) Rare documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collapses after taking the children to see the exhibit at the circus?
2. What job does Meridian get?
3. What do Truman and Lynne do in the evenings?
4. When does Meridian realize she has a feeling of love for Truman?
5. When does Truman next visit Meridian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tommy Odds zero in on Lynne as a target for his anger?
2. What is the sad story of the young girl in prison for killing her baby?
3. What is Lynne's view of black people?
4. What is the irony of Lynne's character regarding being oppressed?
5. What does Lynne tell Meridian about her past experiences with black men and how they have impacted her life?
6. How does Meridian's spirituality differ from her mother's religion?
7. What is Meridian's life like every day when she is seventeen with a baby?
8. What is the NOTC?
9. What is life like for Truman and Lynne in the South?
10. What is significant about the TV program that Lynne and Meridian watch in terms of discrimination against women?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)