|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened to Truman and Lynne's daughter a year ago?
(a) She died.
(b) She went to the Peace Corps.
(c) She got married.
(d) She enrolled in college.
2. Of what does Lynne accuse Truman?
(a) Betraying his family.
(b) Having an affair with Meridian.
(c) Marrying her as a white oddity.
(d) Marrying her for her money.
3. Which of the following does Meridian NOT serve when Lynne and Truman visit?
(c) Peanut butter.
4. What do Meridian and Truman leave with the couple?
5. Why did the woman have to go back to her husband after she left him?
(a) He got sick and needed her.
(b) She loved him too much to stay away.
(c) She couldn't care for her kids on her own.
(d) He threatened to kill her if she didn't.
6. What do both Lynne and Meridian miss in their lives?
(a) The South.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) College days.
(d) Polite men.
7. At what kind of factory did the man used to work?
8. What is notable about Meridian's appearance at this time?
(a) She is stooped.
(b) She is limping.
(c) She has gained a lot of weight.
(d) She has shaved her head.
9. Who is Rims Mott?
(a) A painter.
(b) A plumber.
(c) A welder.
(d) An electrician.
10. Who does Truman envision showing up one day?
11. What kind of relationship does Truman want with Meridian?
(a) He wants to be a brother to her.
(b) He wants to be her mentor.
(c) He wants no relationship.
(d) He wants her to love him.
12. What does the woman hope?
(a) To see a black U.S. President.
(b) To be buried on Mother's Day.
(c) To see her grandkids raised.
(d) To have a good Christmas.
13. What does Lynne recall about the place in #139?
(a) Catching fireflies.
(b) Eating watermelon in the summers.
(c) Making homemade ice cream.
(d) Running through the sprinkler.
14. What does Meridian tell Lynne before she leaves?
(a) She's tried not to hate her.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is in love with Truman.
(d) She is the best friend she has ever had.
15. Meridian and Truman talk about the willingness to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meridian is gathered with people for what occasion?
2. What is the topic of some of the poetry Lynne writes?
3. Who is being honored at the gathering of people?
4. Where does Lynne go after she gets pregnant with Camara?
5. Where is Meridian in "Free at Last?"
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)