|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Truman want with Meridian?
(a) He wants to be her mentor.
(b) He wants her to love him.
(c) He wants no relationship.
(d) He wants to be a brother to her.
2. Where does Lynne go after she gets pregnant with Camara?
(c) New York.
3. What does Meridian leave behind when she goes?
(b) The railroad cap.
4. What is Miss Margaret Treasure doing when Meridian and Truman encounter her?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Burning a cornfield.
(c) Snipping beans.
(d) Planting tomatoes.
5. What dish has the man prepared for his sick wife?
(a) Chicken soup.
(c) Meat loaf.
(d) Venison stew.
6. Who does Truman envision showing up one day?
7. Meridian thinks a revolution should begin with _______________.
8. Where do Truman and Meridian sleep when they are on the road?
(a) A bed & breakfast.
(b) A truck stop.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A cheap hotel.
9. Why does Meridian alternately visit Truman and Lynne for a while?
(a) To ask for help with Civil Rights marches.
(b) To help them with their grief.
(c) To counsel them about their marriage.
(d) To have a place to stay.
10. What does Meridian take to a town meeting?
(a) Rotten food.
(b) Street signs.
(c) A petition.
(d) The dead body of a child.
11. What was the shame of the woman who was rude to Meridian when she was out canvassing?
(a) Her son was arrested for stealing.
(b) Her husband loved his dog more than he loved her.
(c) Her little girl is pregnant by a neighbor boy.
(d) Her husband has sex with their daughter.
12. Who is with Truman in his studio?
(b) A blonde, white woman.
13. Meridian is gathered with people for what occasion?
(b) Civil Rights march.
14. Why does the man in #121 tell Lynne that she should have sex with him?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) Other women won't have him.
(c) He has always desired her.
(d) It would be good for her career.
15. What do Lynne and Meridian do on their last night together?
(a) Watch a TV program.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Cook dinner together.
(d) Sip wine and talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lynne think Truman will admire her figure now?
2. Why did the man quit his job?
3. A picture hanging on Meridian's wall shows _________________.
4. What did Lynne's father tell her when she called to tell him that Camara died?
5. What does Lynne buy from a local deli?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)