|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lynne thinks her parents are ______________.
2. What do both Lynne and Meridian miss in their lives?
(a) The South.
(b) Polite men.
(c) College days.
(d) Their mothers.
3. Of what does Tommy Odds particularly disapprove regarding white women in the Civil Rights movement?
(a) The way they dress.
(b) Their uppity manners.
(c) Their unwillingness to work.
(d) Their affairs with black men.
4. Who does Lynne say are the only people who ever loved her?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her sisters.
(c) The poorest black people.
(d) Her childhood friends.
5. What is Lynne's demeanor when she comes to visit Meridian?
6. What does Meridian refuse to do with Truman?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Go on a protest march.
(c) Ride in his new car.
(d) Go swimming.
7. Who rapes Lynne in this chapter?
(c) Tommy Odds.
8. What local building is bombed to the shock of everyone?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) A mosque.
(c) A library.
(d) A synagogue.
9. What does Lynne recall about the place in #139?
(a) Making homemade ice cream.
(b) Running through the sprinkler.
(c) Eating watermelon in the summers.
(d) Catching fireflies.
10. Which part of the country does Lynne love?
(a) New England.
(b) The South.
(c) The Southwest.
(d) The Pacific Northwest.
11. What is Miss Margaret Treasure doing when Meridian and Truman encounter her?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Planting tomatoes.
(c) Burning a cornfield.
(d) Snipping beans.
12. Who is with Truman in his studio?
(d) A blonde, white woman.
13. What does Meridian come to realize about herself?
(a) She could kill for the movement.
(b) She needs to be more assertive.
(c) She is too judgmental.
(d) She should reveal her feelings more often.
14. Where does Lynne decide to live?
(a) Her old house.
(b) Meridian's house.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) Truman's studio.
15. What relationship does Truman want with Lynne?
(b) Friend and brother.
(c) No relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meridian's main goal in life?
2. What does Lynne do to the man in #121 after he rapes her?
3. What does Lynne try to think about the man in #121 as he rapes her?
4. A letter from ______________ hangs on Meridian's wall.
5. When does "Free at Last" take place?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)