|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meridian leave behind when she goes?
(b) The railroad cap.
2. A letter from ______________ hangs on Meridian's wall.
(b) Mrs. Hill.
3. What is the name of the man working with the newspaper?
4. What is Meridian's main goal in life?
(a) To teach.
(b) To visualize
(c) To listen.
(d) To heal.
5. Why does Meridian alternately visit Truman and Lynne for a while?
(a) To help them with their grief.
(b) To ask for help with Civil Rights marches.
(c) To counsel them about their marriage.
(d) To have a place to stay.
6. Why does Lynne think Truman will admire her figure now?
(a) She has gained some weight.
(b) She has really firm thighs.
(c) She has had breast implants.
(d) She is super skinny.
7. What does Meridian tell Lynne before she leaves?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She's tried not to hate her.
(c) She is the best friend she has ever had.
(d) She is in love with Truman.
8. Who is being honored at the gathering of people?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
9. What is Miss Margaret Treasure doing when Meridian and Truman encounter her?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Planting tomatoes.
(c) Burning a cornfield.
(d) Snipping beans.
10. Why did the woman have to go back to her husband after she left him?
(a) She loved him too much to stay away.
(b) He got sick and needed her.
(c) He threatened to kill her if she didn't.
(d) She couldn't care for her kids on her own.
11. Which part of the country does Lynne love?
(a) The Pacific Northwest.
(b) New England.
(c) The Southwest.
(d) The South.
12. What does Lynne try to think about the man in #121 as he rapes her?
(a) If she can get a knife from the kitchen.
(b) If she can reach the phone.
(c) Where her gun is.
(d) All the good things about him.
13. What does the woman hope?
(a) To have a good Christmas.
(b) To be buried on Mother's Day.
(c) To see her grandkids raised.
(d) To see a black U.S. President.
14. Who is Rims Mott?
(a) A painter.
(b) An electrician.
(c) A welder.
(d) A plumber.
15. What do Lynne and Meridian do on their last night together?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Sip wine and talk.
(c) Cook dinner together.
(d) Watch a TV program.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lynne go after she gets pregnant with Camara?
2. Why does the man in #121 tell Lynne that she should have sex with him?
3. What does Lynne recall about the place in #139?
4. What article of clothing does Meridian wear all the time?
5. Where do Truman and Meridian sleep when they are on the road?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)