|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what kind of factory did the man used to work?
2. Why does the man in #121 tell Lynne that she should have sex with him?
(a) Other women won't have him.
(b) He has always desired her.
(c) It would be good for her career.
(d) He wants to marry her.
3. What is noticeable about Meridian's appearance at this point in the story?
(a) She walks with a limp.
(b) She is stooped.
(c) Her hair is white.
(d) Her hair is growing back in.
4. Where is Meridian in "Free at Last?"
5. What does Meridian come to realize about herself?
(a) She is too judgmental.
(b) She could kill for the movement.
(c) She should reveal her feelings more often.
(d) She needs to be more assertive.
6. Meridian is gathered with people for what occasion?
(c) Civil Rights march.
7. What does Lynne buy from a local deli?
(b) Bagels and cream cheese.
(c) An orange.
(d) Some sandwiches.
8. What do Lynne and Meridian do on their last night together?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Sip wine and talk.
(c) Cook dinner together.
(d) Watch a TV program.
9. Lynne thinks her parents are ______________.
10. What had happened to Truman and Lynne's daughter a year ago?
(a) She got married.
(b) She died.
(c) She went to the Peace Corps.
(d) She enrolled in college.
11. Who is being honored at the gathering of people?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Bob Dylan.
12. Of what does Lynne accuse Truman?
(a) Marrying her for her money.
(b) Betraying his family.
(c) Marrying her as a white oddity.
(d) Having an affair with Meridian.
13. What is the ditch behind Meridian's house called?
(a) Mighty Mississippi.
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) The pool.
(d) The river.
14. Of what does Tommy Odds particularly disapprove regarding white women in the Civil Rights movement?
(a) Their affairs with black men.
(b) The way they dress.
(c) Their uppity manners.
(d) Their unwillingness to work.
15. A letter from ______________ hangs on Meridian's wall.
(c) Mrs. Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meridian tell Lynne before she leaves?
2. What is Lynne's demeanor when she comes to visit Meridian?
3. Who is Rims Mott?
4. What does Lynne do to the man in #121 after he rapes her?
5. Why did the woman have to go back to her husband after she left him?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)