|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lynne's religious affiliation?
2. Meridian thinks a revolution should begin with _______________.
3. Of what does Lynne accuse Truman?
(a) Marrying her for her money.
(b) Having an affair with Meridian.
(c) Betraying his family.
(d) Marrying her as a white oddity.
4. What is the topic of some of the poetry Lynne writes?
(a) Old lovers.
(b) The forces of nature.
(c) Saving the environment.
(d) Gentleness in the Revolution.
5. When does "Free at Last" take place?
(a) June 1968.
(b) March 1972.
(c) November 1963.
(d) April 1968.
6. Why does the man in #121 tell Lynne that she should have sex with him?
(a) He has always desired her.
(b) Other women won't have him.
(c) It would be good for her career.
(d) He wants to marry her.
7. What does Lynne buy from a local deli?
(a) Bagels and cream cheese.
(b) An orange.
(c) Some sandwiches.
8. What kind of relationship does Truman want with Meridian?
(a) He wants no relationship.
(b) He wants to be her mentor.
(c) He wants her to love him.
(d) He wants to be a brother to her.
9. Who does Truman envision showing up one day?
10. What does Lynne try to think about the man in #121 as he rapes her?
(a) If she can get a knife from the kitchen.
(b) Where her gun is.
(c) If she can reach the phone.
(d) All the good things about him.
11. What is noticeable about Meridian's appearance at this point in the story?
(a) Her hair is white.
(b) She is stooped.
(c) Her hair is growing back in.
(d) She walks with a limp.
12. What is the name of the man working with the newspaper?
13. What is Miss Margaret Treasure doing when Meridian and Truman encounter her?
(a) Burning a cornfield.
(b) Snipping beans.
(c) Darning socks.
(d) Planting tomatoes.
14. What does Lynne recall about the place in #139?
(a) Catching fireflies.
(b) Eating watermelon in the summers.
(c) Making homemade ice cream.
(d) Running through the sprinkler.
15. What sound does Lynne always carry in the back of her mind?
(a) Camara's cooing.
(b) Her mother's howling.
(c) Truman's whispers.
(d) Camara's screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meridian leave behind when she goes?
2. How did the owners of the deli used to view Lynne?
3. What had happened to Truman and Lynne's daughter a year ago?
4. What does Truman say Meridian is not cut out to do?
5. What is notable about Meridian's appearance at this time?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)