|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in #121 wants to know what it is Lynne can't stand--_____________ or blacks.
2. Why did the man quit his job?
(a) He got no holiday pay.
(b) He got no sick pay.
(c) They covered up all the windows in the plant.
(d) He got injured too many times.
3. Who is with Truman in his studio?
(d) A blonde, white woman.
4. What does the woman hope?
(a) To have a good Christmas.
(b) To be buried on Mother's Day.
(c) To see her grandkids raised.
(d) To see a black U.S. President.
5. What kind of relationship does Truman want with Meridian?
(a) He wants her to love him.
(b) He wants no relationship.
(c) He wants to be her mentor.
(d) He wants to be a brother to her.
6. Where is Meridian in "Free at Last?"
7. What is the topic of some of the poetry Lynne writes?
(a) Gentleness in the Revolution.
(b) Saving the environment.
(c) Old lovers.
(d) The forces of nature.
8. What does Meridian refuse to do with Truman?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Go on a protest march.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Ride in his new car.
9. Who is being honored at the gathering of people?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Martin Luther King Jr.
10. Of what does Tommy Odds particularly disapprove regarding white women in the Civil Rights movement?
(a) Their affairs with black men.
(b) Their unwillingness to work.
(c) The way they dress.
(d) Their uppity manners.
11. What is notable about Meridian's appearance at this time?
(a) She has shaved her head.
(b) She is stooped.
(c) She is limping.
(d) She has gained a lot of weight.
12. Meridian and Truman talk about the willingness to __________.
13. What did the woman make her husband promise to do if she came back?
(a) He had to stop beating her.
(b) He had to let her mother move in.
(c) He had to get a better job.
(d) He had to kill the dog.
14. Of what does Lynne accuse Truman?
(a) Marrying her for her money.
(b) Marrying her as a white oddity.
(c) Having an affair with Meridian.
(d) Betraying his family.
15. What do Lynne and Meridian do on their last night together?
(a) Sip wine and talk.
(b) Watch a TV program.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Cook dinner together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meridian tell Lynne before she leaves?
2. What is the name of the man working with the newspaper?
3. Meridian and Truman encounter a man making ___________ out of newspaper.
4. What does Lynne do to the man in #121 after he rapes her?
5. A picture hanging on Meridian's wall shows _________________.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)