|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in #47 do when he learns Meridian is pregnant?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He denies it.
(c) He gives her abortion money.
(d) He calls her a whore.
2. In what language does Truman introduce himself when he meets Meridian?
3. What is Meridian's last name?
4. Meridian's father's walls are filled with what?
(a) Newspaper pages.
(c) Oil paintings.
(d) Photos and artifacts.
5. Why does Tommy Odds berate Truman?
(a) For dropping out of college.
(b) For being with a white woman.
(c) For not marrying Meridian.
(d) For being a coward.
6. What job does Meridian get?
7. Who was Fast Mary of the Tower?
(a) A college track star.
(b) A girl who entered college as a junior.
(c) Mary, Queen of Scots.
(d) A girl who killed her baby at college.
8. In what year do Lynne and Truman arrive at the state in #94?
9. What does Anne-Marion tell Meridian when she leaves her?
(a) She is a drag.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is obsolete.
(d) She is inspired.
10. What was Meridian's father's profession?
(d) Bus driver.
11. Why does Meridian feel guilty about giving her baby away?
(a) She knows she will want a child someday.
(b) She promised her mother she wouldn't.
(c) She should have given it more time.
(d) Slave women had their children taken forcibly from them.
12. What color light does Meridian begin to see?
13. What kind of business did George Daxter own?
(a) Ice cream shop.
(b) Men's clothing store.
(c) Funeral home.
(d) Appliance store.
14. What question does Meridian's mother ask her when Meridian tells her she has a feeling she can't shake?
(a) Are you in love.
(b) Have you stolen anything.
(c) Are you pregnant.
(d) Do you believe in God.
15. What has a traveling circus brought to town?
(a) A mummy.
(b) The world's tallest man.
(c) The world's fattest woman.
(d) A two-headed duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meridian's feelings of guilt are only abated by ________________.
2. What was the woman in #24 in charge of overseeing on the Saxon plantation?
3. Why is the boy in #47 considered good to Meridian?
4. What does Anne-Marion notice about Meridian one day?
5. What is a woman doing in the town square of Chicokema?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)