|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collapses after taking the children to see the exhibit at the circus?
2. Meridian and Anne-Marion get involved in what type of procession?
(a) A Civil Rights march.
(b) An anti-war march.
(c) The Wild Child's funeral.
(d) A homecoming parade.
3. From what state do three Civil Rights workers disappear?
4. Meridian's father's walls are filled with what?
(a) Photos and artifacts.
(b) Oil paintings.
(d) Newspaper pages.
5. What was Meridian's father's profession?
(b) Bus driver.
6. What task does Meridian do at the Civil Rights office?
(a) Hand out flyers.
(b) Make phone calls.
(c) Type a petition.
(d) Make coffee.
7. Which body part does Tommy Odds lose?
8. How does Meridian feel when she learns she is pregnant?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is happy.
9. Where does Meridian visit her father in "Indians and Ecstasy?"
(a) His bedroom.
(b) At school.
(c) The hospital.
(d) His shed.
10. What is Meridian's response to whether she believes in God.
(a) She does not believe in God.
(b) She believes in God most of the time.
(c) She doesn't know if she believes in God.
(d) She most definitely believes in God.
11. What restaurant do the black men patronize with Lynne and Truman?
(a) Moonflower Cafe.
(b) Aquarius Cafe.
(d) Soul Food Cafe.
12. Who is Tommy Odds?
(a) A professor.
(b) A televangelist.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A Civil Rights worker.
13. Meridian's thoughts are compared to ______________.
14. What was Meridian's mother's profession?
15. Meridian has a spell of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a doctor offer to tie Meridian's tubes?
2. For what does Tommy blame Lynne?
3. How does Meridian think that Truman grieves?
4. What job does Meridian get?
5. What does the government eventually do with Meridian's father's farm?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)