|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collapses after taking the children to see the exhibit at the circus?
2. What question does Meridian's mother ask her when Meridian tells her she has a feeling she can't shake?
(a) Are you in love.
(b) Are you pregnant.
(c) Do you believe in God.
(d) Have you stolen anything.
3. The Civil Rights workers go on a protest march against segregated ________________.
4. For whom did Meridian's father mourn?
(a) His brother.
(c) Native Americans.
5. What does Meridian achieve through her illness?
6. Who was Fast Mary of the Tower?
(a) A college track star.
(b) Mary, Queen of Scots.
(c) A girl who killed her baby at college.
(d) A girl who entered college as a junior.
7. What is notable about Meridian's mother's preacher's voice?
(a) It is soothing.
(b) It is unintelligible.
(c) It is booming.
(d) It is melodious.
8. Meridian has a spell of _______________.
9. What is stuck on the walls of Meridian's house?
(b) Take-out menus.
(c) Letters and poems.
(d) Old gum.
10. What task does Meridian do at the Civil Rights office?
(a) Make coffee.
(b) Hand out flyers.
(c) Type a petition.
(d) Make phone calls.
11. What did Meridian bury underneath a tree when she was seven?
(a) A box of shiny stones.
(b) A doll.
(c) A bar of gold.
(d) A diary.
12. Who has Truman married?
13. Where does Meridian visit her father in "Indians and Ecstasy?"
(a) At school.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His shed.
(d) His bedroom.
14. Meridian's father's walls are filled with what?
(a) Newspaper pages.
(b) Oil paintings.
(c) Photos and artifacts.
15. In what year do Lynne and Truman arrive at the state in #94?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Meridian and Anne-Marion hate?
2. What is Meridian's last name?
3. What does Anne-Marion notice about Meridian one day?
4. What is a central part of Meridian's experience?
5. Who is Tommy Odds?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)