|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ending: Atonement: Later in the Same Life, Settling Accounts, and Release.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Truman perplexed by Meridian's reactions to him?
(a) She kicks him out of her house.
(b) She is no longer interested in him.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She does not remember him.
2. Why does the man in #121 tell Lynne that she should have sex with him?
(a) It would be good for her career.
(b) Other women won't have him.
(c) He has always desired her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
3. When does Meridian realize she has a feeling of love for Truman?
(a) When she is beaten and dragged to jail.
(b) When he tries to teach her Spanish.
(c) When he drives her home.
(d) When he cooks dinner for her.
4. What was Meridian's father's profession?
(d) Bus driver.
5. What does Meridian leave behind when she goes?
(b) The railroad cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Tommy blame Lynne?
2. What is the ditch behind Meridian's house called?
3. What is notable about Meridian's mother's preacher's voice?
4. What does Meridian tell Lynne before she leaves?
5. Which part of the country does Lynne love?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)