|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Truman Held: Truman and Lynne: Time in the South, Of Bitches and Wives, and The New York Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Truman begin to date?
(a) Society girls.
(b) Sorority girls.
(c) White girls.
(d) Girls from home.
2. What job does Meridian get?
3. Why is the boy in #47 considered good to Meridian?
(a) He doesn't beat her.
(b) He gives her jewelry.
(c) He takes her to clubs.
(d) He gives her money.
4. What does Meridian do when she realizes she is pregnant with Truman's child?
(a) She has an abortion.
(b) She gives the baby to her mother.
(c) She gives the baby up for adoption.
(d) They get married.
5. Why does a doctor offer to tie Meridian's tubes?
(a) She is too ill to have a child.
(b) She is too young to keep getting pregnant.
(c) To prevent disease.
(d) In exchange for sexual favors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne-Marion do to make the Dean of Women so angry?
2. What is Meridian's response to whether she believes in God.
3. Who was Meridian's great-grandmother?
4. Who is Truman's wife?
5. What do Truman and Lynne do in the evenings?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)