|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Meridian: Indians and Ecstasy, English Walnuts, and The Happy Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Meridian's mother consider her children to be?
(a) A burden.
(b) A gift.
(c) A delight.
(d) A destiny.
2. What kind of business did George Daxter own?
(a) Men's clothing store.
(b) Appliance store.
(c) Funeral home.
(d) Ice cream shop.
3. Who was the woman who planted the large magnolia tree?
4. What are Anne-Marion's religious beliefs?
(a) She is Baptist.
(b) She is an atheist.
(c) She is Catholic.
(d) She is Jewish.
5. What is stuck on the walls of Meridian's house?
(b) Letters and poems.
(c) Take-out menus.
(d) Old gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Meridian's father share much compassion because of their plight?
2. What happens to a house in Meridian's neighborhood one night?
3. What has a traveling circus brought to town?
4. What happens to people in the serpent mound's tail?
5. Who collapses after taking the children to see the exhibit at the circus?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)