Meridian: The Last Return and The Wild Child
• A woman named Meridian Hill lives in the small town of Chicokema, Georgia, when an old friend, Truman Held, arrives for a visit.
• When Truman arrives in town, he sees Meridian staring down a tank parked in town brought in to defend against outside agitators working for civil rights.
• Meridian rounds up the poor, black children to take them to a circus exhibit of a mummified woman and after the show, she collapses.
• Truman goes to Meridian's house and it is empty except for her sleeping bag and poems and letters stuck on the wall.
• Meridian tells Truman that she is sick and trying to get well.
• They talk about Meridian's collapse and Truman says he grieves in a different way; Meridian knows that he grieves by running away.
• Ten years ago, Meridian was in a group of revolutionaries with...
This section contains 2,284 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)