|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cam do to try to make amends to Allie?
2. Who does Cam close the door on in his dream?
3. Who testifies about the condition of Jamie and Maggie's hotel room?
4. Angus finds a picture of who as children playing together?
5. What does the report from the psychiatrist tell Graham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cam say and do while he is on the witness stand?
2. What does Allie do when a man flirts with her at a bar where she is drinking her sorrows away?
3. Why does Jamie think he hasn't seen or felt Maggie since her death?
4. What does Maggie's best friend say on the stand when the prosecutor asks her if she is angry with Jamie for killing Maggie?
5. Why is Graham nervous after Jamie's trial date is set?
6. What does Allie do one evening at her shop to try to help her situation with Cam?
7. What defense does the psychiatrist suggest Graham use for Jamie's case?
8. What does Allie discover on New Year's Eve?
9. What does Ellen do to try to get Allie to forgive Cam?
10. What did Jamie and Maggie do on their last night together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Mercy a story of the tests that challenge people every day and the mistakes that define a life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Jamie does for a living and how Picoult used his work to illuminate both characters and themes. How does his work impact what happens between Jamie and Maggie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the many ironic aspects of the novel and how they relate to the themes of love, loyalty and forgiveness.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)