|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to Wheelock and avoiding Cam, what does Mia finally agree to do?
2. What night of the week does Cam tell Allie he is working late so that he can be with Mia?
3. What does the robber of the convenience store slip in, allowing Cam to get both robbers?
4. What does Mia leave on her bed at the hotel for Cam to find?
5. Who is Dascomb Wharton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What several things happen the Monday morning after Cam and Mia's trip to New Hampshire?
2. What does Allie discover on New Year's Eve?
3. What did Jamie and Maggie do on their last night together?
4. What does Jamie realize when he sees Maggie's ghost in the copy room at the courthouse?
5. What happens in Cam's dream at the end of the novel?
6. What does Graham warn Jamie about after the jury is selected?
7. What different things does the coroner say on the stand that helps both the prosecution and the defense?
8. Why is Graham nervous after Jamie's trial date is set?
9. What does Mia finally tell Cam after they go ice skating in New Hampshire?
10. Why does Jamie think he hasn't seen or felt Maggie since her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Graham MacPhee mean when he tells Allie: "Remorse is the one stipulation for mercy"? Explain fully how the concepts of forgiveness and mercy are intertwined in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how dreams are used throughout the novel to give insight into characters and illuminate themes.
Essay Topic 3
How is the stained glass panel used as a symbol throughout the novel? Explain fully what it represents from the prologue to the end of the story.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)