|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Maggie meet her best friend?
2. Where does Allie have to take several day trips?
3. What kind of look does the coroner say Maggie had on her face when she died?
4. What does Mia spill in Cam and Allie's car?
5. What does Allie find in Cam's duffel bag as she looks for laundry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allie do one evening at her shop to try to help her situation with Cam?
2. How does the coroner almost ruin the prosecution's case against Jamie?
3. What does Allie discover on New Year's Eve?
4. What does Graham warn Jamie about after the jury is selected?
5. What does Jamie realize when he sees Maggie's ghost in the copy room at the courthouse?
6. What does Cam say and do while he is on the witness stand?
7. What happens when Cam gets a call about a robbery in progress on Thanksgiving?
8. What defense does the psychiatrist suggest Graham use for Jamie's case?
9. What did Jamie and Maggie do on their last night together?
10. What several things happen the Monday morning after Cam and Mia's trip to New Hampshire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how dreams are used throughout the novel to give insight into characters and illuminate themes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Jamie does for a living and how Picoult used his work to illuminate both characters and themes. How does his work impact what happens between Jamie and Maggie?
Essay Topic 3
What does Graham MacPhee mean when he tells Allie: "Remorse is the one stipulation for mercy"? Explain fully how the concepts of forgiveness and mercy are intertwined in the novel.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)