|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the report from the psychiatrist tell Graham?
2. Where do Cam and Mia go away for a weekend?
3. Who is Bud Spitlick?
4. What does Allie burn in her shop?
5. What does Audra instruct the jury to remember in her closing statement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the coroner almost ruin the prosecution's case against Jamie?
2. What does Allie do when a man flirts with her at a bar where she is drinking her sorrows away?
3. Why is Graham nervous after Jamie's trial date is set?
4. What does Allie do after discovering Cam is having an affair with Mia?
5. What does Allie discover on New Year's Eve?
6. What did Jamie and Maggie do on their last night together?
7. What does Cam do when the private detective locates Mia for him?
8. What defense does the psychiatrist suggest Graham use for Jamie's case?
9. Why does Graham ask Allie to help him with Jamie's case?
10. What does Allie do one evening at her shop to try to help her situation with Cam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Graham MacPhee mean when he tells Allie: "Remorse is the one stipulation for mercy"? Explain fully how the concepts of forgiveness and mercy are intertwined in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What role does betrayal play in the novel Mercy?
Essay Topic 3
How is Mercy a story of the tests that challenge people every day and the mistakes that define a life?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)