|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cam and Mia go away for a weekend?
2. What town did Mia move to after leaving Wheelock?
3. What does the report from the psychiatrist tell Graham?
4. What night of the week does Cam tell Allie he is working late so that he can be with Mia?
5. Who catches Cam and Mia having sex in Allie's kitchen one morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allie do after discovering Cam is having an affair with Mia?
2. What does Jamie tell the prosecutor when she asks him why he didn't remove the pillow when Maggie struggled?
3. Why is Graham nervous after Jamie's trial date is set?
4. What happens when Cam gets a call about a robbery in progress on Thanksgiving?
5. What does Cam do when the private detective locates Mia for him?
6. What did Jamie and Maggie do on their last night together?
7. What does Allie discover on New Year's Eve?
8. How does the coroner almost ruin the prosecution's case against Jamie?
9. What happens in Cam's dream at the end of the novel?
10. Why does Graham ask Allie to help him with Jamie's case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does betrayal play in the novel Mercy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the many ironic aspects of the novel and how they relate to the themes of love, loyalty and forgiveness.
Essay Topic 3
How does the novel explore the meaning of not only the word mercy, but love and loyalty, as well?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)