|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Angus wearing as he left his house at 3 a.m. to go talk to Cam?
2. What does Mia leave on Cam's windshield?
3. Where is Mia staying after she decides she can't stay in Cam's house?
4. What was Allie upset about forgetting on her first picnic with Cam?
5. What does Cam tell Allie he would do if she murdered someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the woman wrap the stained glass panel in newspaper and hide it behind the toilet?
2. What kind of wife is Allie to Cam?
3. How did the Clan McDonald end up settling in Wheelock, Massachusetts?
4. What is significant about the newspaper article Cam reads while he is waiting for Mia to bring dinner back to the flower shop one night?
5. What does Cam realize as he is saying the rosary at church?
6. After she has sold everything and is waiting for her husband to come home, what does the woman remember reading about?
7. What does Allie offer to do while Jamie goes into the police station with Cam after he confesses to murder?
8. What is significant about the first picnic Allie and Cam had together?
9. Why does Graham's excitement about Jamie's case diminish after he talks to Jamie?
10. Why is euthanasia not a good defense for Jamie's trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dicuss the quote at the beginning of Part II in terms of who and what you think Picoult is referring to. Who was bold in their actions? Was mercy received and was it what the character(s) is expecting it to be?
"Nothing emboldens sin so much as mercy." -Shakespeare, Timmons of Athens
Essay Topic 2
What was Jamie's theory about marriage? How did it apply to what he did to Maggie as well as her asking him to do it? How did it apply to Allie and Cam's marriage?
Essay Topic 3
What role does betrayal play in the novel Mercy?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)