|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which defense does Graham thinks is too risky to use for Jamie's trial?
(a) Mental instabilty.
(b) Self defense.
(c) Temporary insanity.
(d) The euthanasia defense.
2. What significant thing happened on Cam and Allie's first picnic?
(a) Allie lost her virginity.
(b) Cam proposed.
(c) Cam lost his virginity.
(d) They were in a car accident.
3. Where is Jamie staying after he is released from jail pending the trial?
(a) Angus's house.
(b) The Wheelock Inn.
(c) Ellen McDonald's house.
(d) The Inn of the Clan.
4. What does Mia give to Cam to toss into Maggie's grave?
(a) A single red rose.
(b) A note.
(c) A single black rose.
(d) A bouquet of roses.
5. What type of client was Jamie creating a program for?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A school.
(c) An architectural firm.
(d) A law firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Angus lived in Wheelock?
2. What was Angus wearing as he left his house at 3 a.m. to go talk to Cam?
3. The coroner tells Allie and the deputy that Maggie clearly died of what?
4. Why does Allie offer for Mia to spend that night at her house the first day they meet?
5. What is in the package that Jamie receives at Graham's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the opening of the novel, what does the woman do after her husband comes home to a house that has been emptied of his possessions?
2. What is Jamie's theory about marriage?
3. What is significant about the newspaper article Cam reads while he is waiting for Mia to bring dinner back to the flower shop one night?
4. What does Jamie remember about the night Maggie asked him to kill her?
5. Why did Ellen McDonald embrace New Age ideas after her husband's death eight years ago?
6. Why does Jamie dislike the prosecutor in his case?
7. How does Ellen burn herself when she and Allie are trying out their healing potion?
8. Why does Angus McDonald leave Scotland and move to Wheelock?
9. What important information does Maggie's best friend tell Allie?
10. What is significant about the first picnic Allie and Cam had together?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)