|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the private detective Cam hires?
(a) Baily Breene.
(b) Bally Balmoral.
(c) Bally Beene.
(d) Balmoral Brendan.
2. What reason does Jamie give Cam for killing his wife?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) She asked him to.
(c) The insurance money.
3. Where does Cam find Mia the next afternoon following Jamie's confession?
(a) In Allie's flower shop.
(b) In a diner.
(c) In his kitchen.
(d) In his bedroom.
4. What does Allie hear after falling into the water and coming up under the boat?
(a) A voice warning her not to trust Cam.
(b) The voices of angels.
(c) The water roaring in her ears.
(d) Cam laughing at her.
5. What does Jamie use to kill his wife?
(a) A knife.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A gun.
6. As Cam sits at work at the beginning of the novel, what does he close his eyes and dream about?
(d) Bay of Biscay.
7. As the novel begins, the woman puts all her husband's possessions from her house in ______ on the front lawn.
(a) Garbage bags.
(b) Liquor boxes.
(c) Wooden crates.
(d) The pond.
8. Allie has been in love with Cam since when?
(a) High school.
(d) Their blind date.
9. Who surprises Mia when she comes to the flower shop unannounced while Allie is out of town?
(a) Allie McDonald.
(b) Maggie McDonald.
(c) Audra Campbell.
(d) Ellen McDonald.
10. What does Allie see on Maggie's body as she watches the coroner's examination?
(b) The mastectomy scars and radiation burns.
(c) Abuse scars.
(d) Burns from a fire.
11. While Cam is fishing with Allie, what can't he stop thinking about?
(a) Maggie's murder.
(b) Money problems.
12. What does Cam find when he returns home exhausted the night of Jamie's confession?
(a) Allie in bed with another man.
(b) Mia sleeping on his couch.
(c) Mia in the kitchen.
(d) His stuff on the front lawn.
13. What does Mia reveal to Allie that she has done since reaching adulthood?
(a) Traveled extensively.
(b) Married several times.
(c) Been in and out of rehab.
(d) Robbed banks.
14. What is Allie making for Cam and Mia?
(a) A fancy dinner.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A cake.
(d) A fall-out-of-love potion.
15. What does one man do to Jamie after he confesses to the murder of his wife to Cam and the others gathered around his pick-up truck?
(c) Punches him.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when the husband drives up to his house and sees the woman sitting in the yard?
2. What does Angus do before talking with Cam about Jamie's arrest?
3. What does Cam go to church to do after he kisses Mia?
4. How many waking hours had Allie read that a husband and wife spend together each day?
5. Why does Cam decide to take Allie fishing?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)