1. As the novel begins, the woman puts all her husband's possessions from her house in ______ on the front lawn.
(a) Liquor boxes.
(b) Wooden crates.
(c) The pond.
(d) Garbage bags.
2. What is the only thing left in the house that reminds the woman of the man in the Prologue?
(a) His gun.
(b) Their wedding portrait.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) A stained glass panel.
3. Where does the woman hide the one object that reminds her of her husband?
(a) Behind the shed.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a wooden chest.
(d) Behind the toilet.
4. What time of year is it as the story begins?
5. After all her husband's possessions are sold, what does the woman hand out as people pass her yard?
(a) Travel magazines.
(d) Pictures of her husband.
6. Which one of the following is NOT sold in the yard sale in the Prologue?
(a) Police uniforms.
(c) Baseball signed by Babe Ruth.
This section contains 4,038 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)