|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nerissa disguised as while she is in Venice with Portia?
2. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
3. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
4. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
5. What does the young lawyer from Padua warn Shylock he must not take in addition to his pound of flesh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme that is displayed by a few different relationships. Choose two of these relationships and compare and contrast these relationships with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this play. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How were the roles of women different in the time of this play than they are now, and how does the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)