Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
2. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
3. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
4. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
5. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Portia and Bassanio change throughout the course of the play and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Portia and Nerissa both have similar relationships with their husbands, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this play. What are these symbols and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)