Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
2. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
3. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
4. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
5. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How were the roles of women different in the time of this play than they are now, and how does the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)