|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
2. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
3. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
4. What did Jessica do with her mother's ring?
5. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
Essay Topic 1
Portia and Nerissa both have similar relationships with their husbands, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this play. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Portia and Bassanio change throughout the course of the play and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)