|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
2. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
3. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
4. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
5. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
Essay Topic 1
There are many different symbols present in this play. What are these symbols and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Portia and Nerissa both have similar relationships with their husbands, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Portia and Bassanio change throughout the course of the play and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)