Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
2. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
3. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
4. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
5. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how do they affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What were the inscriptions and contents of the three caskets and what significance do they play on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this play, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)