|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
2. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
3. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
4. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
5. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places?
Essay Topic 2
Portia and Nerissa both have similar relationships with their husbands, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Valor was a theme of this play that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)