Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor for Portia's hand choosing the wrong chest?
2. How does Shylock react when he hears that Launcelot has chosen to find new employment with Bassanio?
3. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
4. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
5. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
6. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
7. What does Shylock tell Solanio and Salarino he will do with the pound of flesh he gets from Antonio, and why?
8. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
9. How does a servant describe the young Venetian suitor who arrives to woo Portia?
10. Who does Jessica want to marry, and why would her father oppose of this?
Betrayal is a theme introduced near the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot and which characters are most affected by it?
Security and safety were two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how do they affect the characters in these scenes?
What were the inscriptions and contents of the three caskets and what significance do they play on the course of the plot?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)