Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor for Portia's hand choosing the wrong chest?
2. How does Shylock react when he hears that Launcelot has chosen to find new employment with Bassanio?
3. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
4. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
5. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
6. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
7. What does Shylock tell Solanio and Salarino he will do with the pound of flesh he gets from Antonio, and why?
8. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
9. How does a servant describe the young Venetian suitor who arrives to woo Portia?
10. Who does Jessica want to marry, and why would her father oppose of this?
Which character do you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
Portia and Nerissa both have similar relationships with their husbands, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
There are many different symbols present in this play. What are these symbols and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)