|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 800 ducats.
(b) 80 ducats.
(c) 8 ducats.
(d) 8000 ducats.
3. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
4. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The brass casket.
(b) The silver casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The jewel encrusted casket.
5. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be sent to hell.
(b) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
2. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
3. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
4. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
5. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Launcelot so worried about Jessica, and what does he think her only hope is?
2. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
3. Where does Shylock want to search for his daughter, and why is he not able to?
4. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
5. What does Portia offer to do when they hear of Antonio's misfortune, and what does Jessica say about this plan?
6. What is found in the silver casket and how does the Prince respond to this?
7. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves for Venice and how does Portia respond?
8. What announcement does Gratiano make after Bassanio chooses the correct casket?
9. What does Portia tell Nerissa after they leave Belmont?
10. Why is Antonio so certain that the Duke will uphold the contract between him and Shylock?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)