|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The jewel encrusted casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The silver casket.
2. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) A suitor who arrived too late.
(b) Her servants.
(d) Lorenzo and Jessica.
3. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 80 ducats.
(b) 8 ducats.
(c) 8000 ducats.
(d) 800 ducats.
4. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Demand an explanation from him.
(c) Embarrass him.
(d) Divorce him.
5. Who does Nerissa marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
2. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
3. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
4. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)