|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shylock forced to deed his house to?
(b) Portia and Bassanio.
(c) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(d) The Duke.
2. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
(a) She was manipulated into her marriage.
(b) Her father will try to arrest her new husband.
(c) She may go to hell for the sins of her father.
(d) Her new husband will mistreat her.
3. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
4. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(a) Garden fertilizer.
(b) A trophy.
(d) Fish bait.
5. What does Portia threaten to do when she hears Bassanio has given away his ring?
(a) Live in complete silence with him.
(b) Never visit his bed again.
(c) Find a new husband.
(d) Divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
2. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
3. Who does Nerissa marry?
4. Who does Shylock petition for help when he sees that his daughter is gone?
5. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a servant describe the young Venetian suitor who arrives to woo Portia?
2. What announcement does Gratiano make after Bassanio chooses the correct casket?
3. Why is Shylock denied the money that Antonio first offered him in lieu of the pound of flesh?
4. What cheers Shylock while he is so upset about his daughter running away with a Christian?
5. What does Shylock hope will happen before Antonio is made to pay his pound of flesh?
6. Where does Shylock want to search for his daughter, and why is he not able to?
7. Why are Salarino and Solanio so worried about Antonio when Shylock realizes his daughter has run away?
8. What does Shylock refuse to allow in the courtroom as Antonio gives his pound of flesh, and why?
9. What does Portia tell Nerissa after they leave Belmont?
10. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)