|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
(c) The duke.
2. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
(a) Jews being converted.
(b) Jews not eating pork.
(c) Shipments of pork getting shipwrecked.
(d) Bacon coming into a trend.
3. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
4. Why is Antonio sad when Shylock has realized his daughter is gone?
(a) He misses Bassanio.
(b) He is in love with Jessica.
(c) He is sad for Shylock's loss.
(d) He heard about his wrecked ships.
5. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is proud.
(d) She is virtuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia threaten to do when she hears Bassanio has given away his ring?
2. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
3. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
4. Who do Jessica and Lorenzo pretend to be while they are left alone at Portia's house?
5. Who does Shylock petition for help when he sees that his daughter is gone?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)