|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia make Lorenzo and Jessica promise when she returns from Venice?
(a) Refuse to talk to Bassanio when he arrives.
(b) Ask Bassanio where his ring is.
(c) Not tell Bassanio that she ever left.
(d) Tell Bassanio that she is still at the monastery.
2. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
(a) To prove his love for her.
(b) To help Antonio.
(c) To get his things.
(d) To prepare for the wedding.
3. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
4. Where does Portia's cousin live?
5. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A sack of jewels.
(b) A picture of a fool and a poem.
(c) A skull and a poem.
(d) A picture of Portia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning home with Portia?
2. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
3. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
4. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
5. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)