|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Helping people who hate Jews.
(b) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
(c) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(d) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
2. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
(a) To prove his love for her.
(b) To help Antonio.
(c) To get his things.
(d) To prepare for the wedding.
3. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
4. What does the Duke tell Shylock he expects Shylock to do?
(a) Lose all his busniess due to his ferocity.
(b) Become partners with Antonio.
(c) Remain cold and heartless.
(d) Relent and forgive Antonio at the last minute.
5. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
(a) Writes a letter to Bassanio.
(b) Flirts with the Moorish servant.
(c) Sets the table.
(d) Packs his bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica do with her mother's ring?
2. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
3. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
4. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
5. Who does Nerissa marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antonio try to smooth things over when Portia hears that Bassanio gave his ring away?
2. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
3. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
4. Why is Launcelot so worried about Jessica, and what does he think her only hope is?
5. What does Lorenzo ask Jessica about Portia, and how does she respond?
6. What does Portia tell Nerissa after they leave Belmont?
7. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
8. What does Shylock refuse to allow in the courtroom as Antonio gives his pound of flesh, and why?
9. What does Shylock tell Solanio and Salarino he will do with the pound of flesh he gets from Antonio, and why?
10. What does Shylock hope will happen before Antonio is made to pay his pound of flesh?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)