|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(a) A trophy.
(b) Garden fertilizer.
(c) Fish bait.
2. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
(a) To prove his love for her.
(b) To prepare for the wedding.
(c) To help Antonio.
(d) To get his things.
3. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A book.
(b) A crown.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
4. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The jewel encrusted casket.
(b) The silver casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The brass casket.
5. What does the young lawyer from Padua warn Shylock he must not take in addition to his pound of flesh?
(a) Antonio's life.
(c) One ounce over a pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
2. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
3. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
4. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
5. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)