|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
(a) The duke.
2. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her strength of character.
(b) Her patience.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her love.
3. What does Portia make Lorenzo and Jessica promise when she returns from Venice?
(a) Not tell Bassanio that she ever left.
(b) Tell Bassanio that she is still at the monastery.
(c) Ask Bassanio where his ring is.
(d) Refuse to talk to Bassanio when he arrives.
4. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) At the masquerade.
(c) On a gondola.
(d) In Bassanio's ship.
5. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) A casket ful of jewels.
(b) 2 times the debt.
(c) 20 times the debt.
(d) A title of nobility and some land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
2. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
3. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
4. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
5. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)