|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 8000 ducats.
(b) 800 ducats.
(c) 8 ducats.
(d) 80 ducats.
2. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
4. Where does Portia's cousin live?
5. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
(a) Embarrass him.
(b) Demand an explanation from him.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Forgive him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia threaten to do when she hears Bassanio has given away his ring?
2. Who does Nerissa marry?
3. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
4. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
5. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Gratiano make after Bassanio chooses the correct casket?
2. What does Shylock refuse to allow in the courtroom as Antonio gives his pound of flesh, and why?
3. Why is Shylock denied the money that Antonio first offered him in lieu of the pound of flesh?
4. What does Shylock tell Solanio and Salarino he will do with the pound of flesh he gets from Antonio, and why?
5. How does Antonio try to smooth things over when Portia hears that Bassanio gave his ring away?
6. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
7. Why are Salarino and Solanio so worried about Antonio when Shylock realizes his daughter has run away?
8. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves for Venice and how does Portia respond?
9. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
10. What does Portia offer to do when they hear of Antonio's misfortune, and what does Jessica say about this plan?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)