|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
2. Who does Nerissa marry?
3. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
4. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
(a) He is being summoned as a judge in Venice.
(b) He has inherited a great fortune.
(c) His ships are all safe in port.
(d) He is dismissed of all charges.
5. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is kind and thoughtful.
(b) He is timid and careful.
(c) He is ignorant and slow.
(d) He is insulting and arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
3. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
4. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
5. Who do Jessica and Lorenzo pretend to be while they are left alone at Portia's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Portia tell Nerissa after they leave Belmont?
2. What does Shylock refuse to allow in the courtroom as Antonio gives his pound of flesh, and why?
3. What does Lorenzo ask Jessica about Portia, and how does she respond?
4. How does a servant describe the young Venetian suitor who arrives to woo Portia?
5. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
6. What cheers Shylock while he is so upset about his daughter running away with a Christian?
7. How does Antonio try to smooth things over when Portia hears that Bassanio gave his ring away?
8. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
9. Where does Shylock want to search for his daughter, and why is he not able to?
10. Why are Salarino and Solanio so worried about Antonio when Shylock realizes his daughter has run away?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)