|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
2. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
(a) She was manipulated into her marriage.
(b) She may go to hell for the sins of her father.
(c) Her new husband will mistreat her.
(d) Her father will try to arrest her new husband.
3. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She is virtuous.
4. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be sent to hell.
(b) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
5. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
(c) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
2. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
3. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
4. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
5. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorenzo ask Jessica about Portia, and how does she respond?
2. How does a servant describe the young Venetian suitor who arrives to woo Portia?
3. Why is Launcelot so worried about Jessica, and what does he think her only hope is?
4. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
5. Where does Shylock want to search for his daughter, and why is he not able to?
6. Why is Shylock denied the money that Antonio first offered him in lieu of the pound of flesh?
7. What does Portia tell Nerissa after they leave Belmont?
8. What does Shylock refuse to allow in the courtroom as Antonio gives his pound of flesh, and why?
9. Why is Antonio so certain that the Duke will uphold the contract between him and Shylock?
10. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)