|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Antonio sad when Shylock has realized his daughter is gone?
(a) He is sad for Shylock's loss.
(b) He heard about his wrecked ships.
(c) He misses Bassanio.
(d) He is in love with Jessica.
2. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
3. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
(a) Bassanio's ship has sailed.
(b) The masquerade is over.
(c) Antonio refuses to let Shylock enter his house.
(d) Lorenzo's house is empty.
4. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
(a) A servant.
5. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
2. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
3. Where does Portia's cousin live?
4. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
5. Who does Shylock petition for help when he sees that his daughter is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shylock hope will happen before Antonio is made to pay his pound of flesh?
2. Why is Launcelot so worried about Jessica, and what does he think her only hope is?
3. What does Lorenzo ask Jessica about Portia, and how does she respond?
4. What does Portia tell Nerissa after they leave Belmont?
5. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
6. What announcement does Gratiano make after Bassanio chooses the correct casket?
7. Why are Salarino and Solanio so worried about Antonio when Shylock realizes his daughter has run away?
8. Why is Antonio so certain that the Duke will uphold the contract between him and Shylock?
9. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
10. How does Antonio try to smooth things over when Portia hears that Bassanio gave his ring away?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)