|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Portia's cousin live?
2. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her patience.
(b) Her strength of character.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What did Jessica do with her mother's ring?
(a) Gave it to Antonio.
(b) Sold it for money.
(c) Stole it for her own wedding ring.
(d) Left it with her note to her father.
4. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
(a) In Bassanio's ship.
(b) At the masquerade.
(c) On a gondola.
(d) In the marketplace.
5. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
2. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
3. Who do Jessica and Lorenzo pretend to be while they are left alone at Portia's house?
4. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves for Venice and how does Portia respond?
2. What does Portia offer to do when they hear of Antonio's misfortune, and what does Jessica say about this plan?
3. Why is Launcelot so worried about Jessica, and what does he think her only hope is?
4. What does Shylock hope will happen before Antonio is made to pay his pound of flesh?
5. What does Shylock tell Solanio and Salarino he will do with the pound of flesh he gets from Antonio, and why?
6. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
7. What does Lorenzo ask Jessica about Portia, and how does she respond?
8. What is found in the silver casket and how does the Prince respond to this?
9. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
10. Why is Antonio so certain that the Duke will uphold the contract between him and Shylock?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)