|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He hates Antonio.
(b) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(c) There will be pork at the table.
(d) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
2. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
(a) Dining out.
(c) On a business trip.
(d) At a worship service.
3. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) What many men want.
5. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) In a flowing gown and intricate mask.
(b) As a page.
(c) As a queen.
(d) As a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
2. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
3. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
4. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
5. What is Launcelot's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who asks to travel with Bassanio when he leaves Venice and why?
2. Where is Shylock going on the night of the masquerade, and why?
3. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
4. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
5. Why does Gratiano decide to not attend the masquerade he has been looking forward to?
6. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
7. What does the Moroccan prince look like when he is first seen on stage?
8. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
9. Why does Shylock say it is so brave of Antonio to guarantee a loan for Bassanio at this time?
10. What does Jessica say she hopes will happen as her father leaves the house on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)