|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo love?
2. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(b) Delivers a letter.
(c) Tells jokes.
(d) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
3. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her Jewish heritage.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her boredom.
(d) Her poverty.
4. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His ego.
5. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He hates Antonio.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) There will be pork at the table.
(d) He puts no credence into a handshake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
4. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bassanio in love with, and what must he do to woo her?
2. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
3. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene, and how is this news received?
4. What and how does Antonio compare life on earth to while he is speaking to Gratiano?
5. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
6. What do the men discussing the masquerade say they need for the ball?
7. What is Bassanio's response to the men who want to travel with him when he leaves Venice?
8. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
9. Where is Shylock going on the night of the masquerade, and why?
10. What does Launcelot do when he sees his father on the streets?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)