|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Offending Shylock.
(c) Bringing Jessica.
(d) Being late.
2. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
(a) A man in love.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A masked man.
(d) A Jew.
3. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Look out the window.
(b) Have visitors.
(c) Attend the ball.
(d) Worry about him.
4. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To lock it up.
(b) To change her clothes.
(c) To find some more money.
(d) To leave a note for her father.
5. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
2. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
3. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
4. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
5. Who is late to the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Shylock going on the night of the masquerade, and why?
2. Why does Gratiano decide to not attend the masquerade he has been looking forward to?
3. Who is Bassanio in love with, and what must he do to woo her?
4. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
5. What does Portia do when she finds out Bassanio gave his ring away, and how does Bassanio react to this?
6. What cheers Shylock while he is so upset about his daughter running away with a Christian?
7. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene, and how is this news received?
8. What does Shylock tell his daughter to do during the masquerade?
9. How does Antonio feel at the beginning of the play and why?
10. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)