|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
(a) He has business over seas.
(b) He has a shipment to watch over.
(c) He is now employed by Bassanio.
(d) He fears Shylock has figured out his plans with his daughter.
2. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has more than enough money.
(b) All of his wares are insured.
(c) He cares not for money.
(d) His wares are on more than one ship.
3. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The courage of the suitors.
(b) The character of the suitors.
(c) The sincerity of the suitors.
(d) The intent of the suitors.
4. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His ego.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His clothing.
5. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
2. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
4. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
5. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorenzo plan to do before the masquerade?
2. What reason did the Moroccan prince give for choosing the casket he chose?
3. How does Jessica look when she arrives at the masquerade?
4. How does Antonio feel at the beginning of the play and why?
5. What does Portia say to the Moroccan prince when he asks her to judge him by his beauty?
6. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
7. What has caused the interest rates on loans to go down in Venice?
8. Who does Jessica want to marry, and why would her father oppose of this?
9. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
10. Why does Launcelot want to leave Shylock as his master?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)