Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Look out the window.
(b) Have visitors.
(c) Attend the ball.
(d) Worry about him.
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) A marriage certificate.
(b) Portia's picture.
(c) The key to the master bedroom.
(d) Wedding rings.
5. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A man in love.
(d) A masked man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
2. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
3. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
4. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
5. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor for Portia's hand choosing the wrong chest?
2. How does Shylock react when he hears that Launcelot has chosen to find new employment with Bassanio?
3. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
4. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
5. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
6. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
7. What does Shylock tell Solanio and Salarino he will do with the pound of flesh he gets from Antonio, and why?
8. Who is Shylock forced to deed his property to, and why is Portia so happy about this?
9. How does a servant describe the young Venetian suitor who arrives to woo Portia?
10. Who does Jessica want to marry, and why would her father oppose of this?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)