|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) Portia's picture.
(b) Wedding rings.
(c) A marriage certificate.
(d) The key to the master bedroom.
2. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Pay closer attention to the clues.
(b) Leave without a fight.
(c) Choose the worng casket.
(d) Choose the right casket.
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Generous lending.
(b) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Late payments.
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
(a) Good treatment.
(d) Fair wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Who is late to the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What and how does Antonio compare life on earth to while he is speaking to Gratiano?
2. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
3. Why does Launcelot want to leave Shylock as his master?
4. What must a suitor do in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. Why does Gratiano decide to not attend the masquerade he has been looking forward to?
6. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
7. Who asks to travel with Bassanio when he leaves Venice and why?
8. What is the consequence of a suitor for Portia's hand choosing the wrong chest?
9. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene, and how is this news received?
10. What does Jessica say she hopes will happen as her father leaves the house on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)