|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The lead casket.
(b) The gold casket.
(c) The brass casket.
(d) The silver casket.
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
(a) Bassanio is his uncle.
(b) Bassanio is his cousin.
(c) Bassanio is his best friend.
(d) Bassanio is his brother.
3. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
(a) The chase.
(b) Their lover.
(d) Their feelings.
4. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He seems muddled in the head.
(b) He lies openly.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is cruel.
5. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
2. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
3. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
4. What is Launcelot's occupation?
5. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the inscriptions on each of the caskets say?
2. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
3. What is Jessica so ashamed of herself for?
4. What does Bassanio ask of Antonio when they first meet in this play and how does Antonio respond?
5. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
6. How does Jessica look when she arrives at the masquerade?
7. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
8. How did Portia feel when the Prince of Morocco chose the wrong Casket?
9. What does Lorenzo plan to do before the masquerade?
10. What reason did the Moroccan prince give for choosing the casket he chose?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)