|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) Two wedding rings.
(b) A skull and a poem.
(c) A picture of a fool.
(d) A picture of Portia.
2. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
3. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
4. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) She is glad he chose wrong.
(b) She thanks him for his good nature and bids him farewel..
(c) She joins in laughing about the joke.
(d) She is frightened by his anger.
5. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
(a) A Scottish duke.
(b) The Prince of Morocco.
(c) An Egyptian heir.
(d) The Earl of Norway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
2. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
4. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
5. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
2. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
3. What does Portia offer to do when they hear of Antonio's misfortune, and what does Jessica say about this plan?
4. How does Antonio feel at the beginning of the play and why?
5. Where does Shylock want to search for his daughter, and why is he not able to?
6. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
7. What announcement does Gratiano make after Bassanio chooses the correct casket?
8. Where is Shylock going on the night of the masquerade, and why?
9. What is the consequence of a suitor for Portia's hand choosing the wrong chest?
10. What does Shylock ask for if Antonio defaults on the loan for Bassanio?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)