|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) A book of decorum.
(b) A royal decree.
(c) The deed of inheritance.
(d) Her father's will.
3. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her boredom.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her poverty.
(d) Her Jewish heritage.
4. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
5. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The gold casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
3. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
4. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
5. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shylock ask for if Antonio defaults on the loan for Bassanio?
2. What reason did the Moroccan prince give for choosing the casket he chose?
3. Which casket does the Prince of Morocco choose, and what is found inside it?
4. What does Jessica say she hopes will happen as her father leaves the house on the night of the masquerade?
5. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
6. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
7. What does Shylock tell his daughter to do during the masquerade?
8. What is the consequence of a suitor for Portia's hand choosing the wrong chest?
9. Why does Gratiano decide to not attend the masquerade he has been looking forward to?
10. How has Portia felt about some of her past suitors?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)