|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
2. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
3. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
(a) She is afraid she will be rejected from the synogogue.
(b) She is afraid of what people will think of her.
(c) She is afraid her father will find out.
(d) She is not dressed appropriately.
4. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
5. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her low social rank.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
3. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
4. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
5. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bassanio in love with, and what must he do to woo her?
2. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
3. What does Shylock hope will happen before Antonio is made to pay his pound of flesh?
4. What is found in the silver casket and how does the Prince respond to this?
5. What must a suitor do in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
6. Why does Gratiano decide to not attend the masquerade he has been looking forward to?
7. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
8. What reason did the Moroccan prince give for choosing the casket he chose?
9. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning to Belmont with Portia?
10. What and how does Antonio compare life on earth to while he is speaking to Gratiano?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)