|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
2. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(d) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
3. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(b) Competiton in the market.
(c) Worry over his ships.
4. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Courting Portia.
(c) Dining and Talking.
(d) Preparing to leave.
5. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
4. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
2. What is Bassanio's response to the men who want to travel with him when he leaves Venice?
3. How did Portia feel when the Prince of Morocco chose the wrong Casket?
4. What does Launcelot do when he sees his father on the streets?
5. Why does Launcelot want to leave Shylock as his master?
6. Who does Jessica want to marry, and why would her father oppose of this?
7. Which casket does the Prince of Morocco choose, and what is found inside it?
8. How has Portia felt about some of her past suitors?
9. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
10. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)