|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) His melancholy.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) A loan he just took out.
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Meet at Antonio's house.
(d) Shake hands on the deal.
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
5. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His ego.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
2. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
3. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
4. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
5. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Jessica want to marry, and why would her father oppose of this?
2. What do the inscriptions on each of the caskets say?
3. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
4. What must a suitor do in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. What does Jessica say she hopes will happen as her father leaves the house on the night of the masquerade?
6. How did Portia feel when the Prince of Morocco chose the wrong Casket?
7. What does Shylock ask for if Antonio defaults on the loan for Bassanio?
8. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
9. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
10. Who asks to travel with Bassanio when he leaves Venice and why?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)