|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
3. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His speech.
(d) His riches.
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To woo a woman.
(b) To reach his home.
(c) To save some time.
(d) To hide his identity.
5. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Run away from his master.
(b) Steal some money.
(c) Get married.
(d) Move out of Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
2. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
3. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
4. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
5. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Shylock going on the night of the masquerade, and why?
2. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
3. What has caused the interest rates on loans to go down in Venice?
4. What does the Moroccan prince look like when he is first seen on stage?
5. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
6. What is Bassanio's response to the men who want to travel with him when he leaves Venice?
7. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
8. What does Launcelot do when he sees his father on the streets?
9. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
10. What does Portia say to the Moroccan prince when he asks her to judge him by his beauty?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)