|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Meet at Antonio's house.
(b) Shake hands on the deal.
(c) Sign a contract.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
2. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A staged play.
(b) A book.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A dream.
3. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
(b) The chase.
(c) Their feelings.
(d) Their lover.
4. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) A contract.
(b) Half the cost of using the ship.
(c) His cooking skills.
(d) His best behavior.
5. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
2. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
3. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jessica look when she arrives at the masquerade?
2. What does Shylock tell his daughter to do during the masquerade?
3. What does Launcelot do when he sees his father on the streets?
4. Why does Launcelot want to leave Shylock as his master?
5. What must a suitor do in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
6. What does Lorenzo say is the only way Shylock will go to Heaven?
7. What is Jessica so ashamed of herself for?
8. What do the inscriptions on each of the caskets say?
9. What does Lorenzo plan to do before the masquerade?
10. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene, and how is this news received?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)