|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Tells jokes.
(b) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(c) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(d) Delivers a letter.
2. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is not wealthy.
(b) He is not Jewish.
(c) He is known to be disloyal.
(d) He is too young.
3. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A book.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A dream.
4. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) What many men want.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) A risky investment.
5. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(b) He does business often with her father.
(c) He has been courting her.
(d) He was her father's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
2. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
3. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
4. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
5. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Jessica wrote to Lorenzo say?
2. What and how does Antonio compare life on earth to while he is speaking to Gratiano?
3. How did Portia feel when the Prince of Morocco chose the wrong Casket?
4. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
5. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
6. Who asks to travel with Bassanio when he leaves Venice and why?
7. What does Launcelot do when he sees his father on the streets?
8. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
9. What does Shylock ask for if Antonio defaults on the loan for Bassanio?
10. What do the men discussing the masquerade say they need for the ball?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)