|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
2. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(b) He falls suddenly ill.
(c) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(d) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
3. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
4. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
5. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
2. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
4. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
5. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
2. What is Jessica so ashamed of herself for?
3. What does the Moroccan prince think is causing Portia's reserved and quiet reaction to him?
4. Who is Bassanio in love with, and what must he do to woo her?
5. What do Salarino and Gratiano say about love while they is waiting for Lorenzo to arrive at the masquerade?
6. How does Shylock react when he hears that Launcelot has chosen to find new employment with Bassanio?
7. What do the inscriptions on each of the caskets say?
8. How does Antonio feel at the beginning of the play and why?
9. What and how does Antonio compare life on earth to while he is speaking to Gratiano?
10. How did Portia feel when the Prince of Morocco chose the wrong Casket?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)