|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
2. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(b) A ship.
3. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) What many men want.
4. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) As a page.
(b) As a servant.
(c) In a flowing gown and intricate mask.
(d) As a queen.
5. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Who he loves.
(b) Where he is going.
(c) How long he will be in town.
(d) How his father has been.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
5. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Moroccan prince look like when he is first seen on stage?
2. What does Lorenzo plan to do before the masquerade?
3. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
4. What does Portia say to the Moroccan prince when he asks her to judge him by his beauty?
5. How does Antonio feel at the beginning of the play and why?
6. What must a suitor do in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
7. How does Shylock react when he hears that Launcelot has chosen to find new employment with Bassanio?
8. What does Gratiano say about Jessica after speaking with her for a time?
9. What do the men discussing the masquerade say they need for the ball?
10. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)