|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
2. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is in love with his daughter.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He lends money too generously.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
3. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) He must make up his own mind.
(b) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(c) The choice is not hers.
(d) She will marry no one.
4. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
(a) She is afraid of what people will think of her.
(b) She is afraid her father will find out.
(c) She is afraid she will be rejected from the synogogue.
(d) She is not dressed appropriately.
5. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The gold casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The brass casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
2. What new reason does Shylock have to hate Bassanio on the night of the masquerade?
3. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Moroccan prince look like when he is first seen on stage?
2. How did Portia feel when the Prince of Morocco chose the wrong Casket?
3. Where is Shylock going on the night of the masquerade, and why?
4. What must a suitor do in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. What does Jessica say she hopes will happen as her father leaves the house on the night of the masquerade?
6. What does Jessica ask Launcelot to do before he leaves Venice?
7. What is Portia so upset about when she is first seen in this book?
8. Which casket does the Prince of Morocco choose, and what is found inside it?
9. Who asks to travel with Bassanio when he leaves Venice and why?
10. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)