Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
(a) It looks dangerous.
(b) It looks well worn.
(c) It has a strange and dull beauty to it.
(d) It seems so common.
2. Who do Jessica and Lorenzo pretend to be while they are left alone at Portia's house?
(b) Famous lovers.
(c) Portia and Bassanio.
3. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
(a) He is dismissed of all charges.
(b) He has inherited a great fortune.
(c) He is being summoned as a judge in Venice.
(d) His ships are all safe in port.
4. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
(a) Half the owed debt.
(b) A deed to some of Portia's land.
(c) The necklace Portia gave him.
(d) His ring from Portia.
5. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
6. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
(a) Her husband did nothing illegal.
(b) No man could mistreat her worse than her father did.
(c) Her husband made her a Christian.
(d) She manipulated her husband into marriage.
7. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A crown.
(d) A book.
8. What is Nerissa disguised as while she is in Venice with Portia?
(a) A servant.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A page boy.
9. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
(a) Twice the debt owed to Shylock.
(b) The satisfation of seeing Shylock taken to jail.
(c) All of Shylock's assets.
(d) Half of Shylock's estate.
10. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
11. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(b) A suitor who arrived too late.
(c) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(d) Her servants.
12. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 8 ducats.
(b) 80 ducats.
(c) 8000 ducats.
(d) 800 ducats.
13. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning home with Portia?
(a) The ring she gave him.
(b) The deed to Shylock's house.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) The pendant around his neck.
14. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
15. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be sent to hell.
(b) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(c) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
(d) She is disowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
2. Where have some of Antonio's ships sunk?
3. What does Portia make Lorenzo and Jessica promise when she returns from Venice?
4. Where does Portia's cousin live?
5. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)