|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 8 ducats.
(b) 80 ducats.
(c) 8000 ducats.
(d) 800 ducats.
2. Who is Shylock forced to deed his house to?
(a) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(c) Portia and Bassanio.
(d) The Duke.
3. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
(a) He is dismissed of all charges.
(b) His ships are all safe in port.
(c) He is being summoned as a judge in Venice.
(d) He has inherited a great fortune.
4. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Helping people who hate Jews.
(b) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(c) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
(d) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
5. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
(a) Scaring Jessica with his talk of hell-fire.
(b) Eating all the food.
(c) Trying to smuggle some of Portia's goblets in his baggage.
(d) Getting a Moorish servant pregnant.
6. Where have some of Antonio's ships sunk?
(a) In the Parisian harbor.
(b) The straits of Gibraltar.
(c) Off the coast of Africa.
(d) The English Channel.
7. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A sack of jewels.
(b) A picture of a fool and a poem.
(c) A skull and a poem.
(d) A picture of Portia.
8. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
(a) Lorenzo's house is empty.
(b) Antonio refuses to let Shylock enter his house.
(c) The masquerade is over.
(d) Bassanio's ship has sailed.
9. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A crown.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A book.
10. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
11. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
12. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(c) Any of the other merchants.
13. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
14. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
(a) Money will be lost.
(b) The duke will be arrested.
(c) Business in Venice will suffer.
(d) Contracts will be broken.
15. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
(b) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shylock petition for help when he sees that his daughter is gone?
2. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning home with Portia?
3. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
4. Why does Portia want Bassanio to wait to choose his casket?
5. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)