|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia threaten to do when she hears Bassanio has given away his ring?
(a) Divorce him.
(b) Live in complete silence with him.
(c) Find a new husband.
(d) Never visit his bed again.
2. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) 20 times the debt.
(b) A title of nobility and some land.
(c) 2 times the debt.
(d) A casket ful of jewels.
3. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
(a) Bacon coming into a trend.
(b) Jews being converted.
(c) Shipments of pork getting shipwrecked.
(d) Jews not eating pork.
4. Who is Shylock forced to deed his house to?
(b) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Portia and Bassanio.
5. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
6. Who do Jessica and Lorenzo pretend to be while they are left alone at Portia's house?
(a) Portia and Bassanio.
(b) Famous lovers.
7. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
8. Why is Antonio sad when Shylock has realized his daughter is gone?
(a) He is in love with Jessica.
(b) He heard about his wrecked ships.
(c) He misses Bassanio.
(d) He is sad for Shylock's loss.
9. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
10. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
11. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
(a) Denounce her titles.
(b) Give money.
(d) Ask favors of high ranking officials.
12. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) A suitor who arrived too late.
(b) Her servants.
(c) Lorenzo and Jessica.
13. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Helping people who hate Jews.
(b) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(c) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
(d) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
14. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
(a) Twice the debt owed to Shylock.
(b) Half of Shylock's estate.
(c) The satisfation of seeing Shylock taken to jail.
(d) All of Shylock's assets.
15. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Forget who he is working for.
(b) Divulge information to Antonio.
(c) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
(d) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
2. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning home with Portia?
3. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
4. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
5. Where does Portia's cousin live?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)