|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
2. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(c) Any of the other merchants.
3. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
(a) Demand an explanation from him.
(b) Divorce him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Embarrass him.
4. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
(c) A servant.
5. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
(a) Getting a Moorish servant pregnant.
(b) Scaring Jessica with his talk of hell-fire.
(c) Trying to smuggle some of Portia's goblets in his baggage.
(d) Eating all the food.
6. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
7. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A book.
(b) A ring.
(c) A crown.
(d) A necklace.
8. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
(a) Denounce her titles.
(b) Ask favors of high ranking officials.
(c) Give money.
9. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
(a) Her new husband will mistreat her.
(b) She may go to hell for the sins of her father.
(c) She was manipulated into her marriage.
(d) Her father will try to arrest her new husband.
10. Where does Portia's cousin live?
11. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A picture of a fool and a poem.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) A skull and a poem.
(d) A sack of jewels.
12. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 8 ducats.
(b) 800 ducats.
(c) 80 ducats.
(d) 8000 ducats.
13. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
14. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
(b) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(c) Helping people who hate Jews.
(d) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
15. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is virtuous.
(d) She is intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
2. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
3. What is Nerissa disguised as while she is in Venice with Portia?
4. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)