Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
(c) The jailer.
(d) The duke.
2. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
3. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
4. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The jewel encrusted casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The brass casket.
5. Who does Bassanio introduce Portia to when he returns to Belmont from Venice?
(b) The duke.
6. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
(a) Business in Venice will suffer.
(b) The duke will be arrested.
(c) Money will be lost.
(d) Contracts will be broken.
7. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
8. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) A suitor who arrived too late.
(b) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(d) Her servants.
9. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
(a) A deed to some of Portia's land.
(b) Half the owed debt.
(c) His ring from Portia.
(d) The necklace Portia gave him.
10. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
11. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
(a) Portia is not smart enough.
(b) Portia is not rich enough.
(c) Portia is not kind enough.
(d) Portia is not beautiful enough.
12. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
(a) She may go to hell for the sins of her father.
(b) She was manipulated into her marriage.
(c) Her father will try to arrest her new husband.
(d) Her new husband will mistreat her.
13. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(b) Any of the other merchants.
14. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
(b) She is disowned.
(c) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(d) She will be sent to hell.
15. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
(a) Divorce him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Demand an explanation from him.
(d) Embarrass him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Portia want Bassanio to wait to choose his casket?
2. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. What does the Duke tell Shylock he expects Shylock to do?
4. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
5. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)