|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nerissa marry?
2. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is intelligent.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is virtuous.
(d) She is proud.
4. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
(a) He does business with Antonio.
(b) He is a fair ruler.
(c) He hates Jews.
(d) It is too cruel.
5. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
(a) It has a strange and dull beauty to it.
(b) It seems so common.
(c) It looks well worn.
(d) It looks dangerous.
6. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(b) She will be sent to hell.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
7. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
(a) Lorenzo's house is empty.
(b) Antonio refuses to let Shylock enter his house.
(c) Bassanio's ship has sailed.
(d) The masquerade is over.
8. What does Shylock accuse Solanio and Salarino of?
(a) Distracting him on his way home from dinner with Bassanio.
(b) Tipping off Bassanio to sail in haste.
(c) Stealing his money.
(d) Helping Jessica escape.
9. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 8 ducats.
(b) 800 ducats.
(c) 80 ducats.
(d) 8000 ducats.
10. What does Portia threaten to do when she hears Bassanio has given away his ring?
(a) Live in complete silence with him.
(b) Divorce him.
(c) Find a new husband.
(d) Never visit his bed again.
11. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A crown.
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
12. What does the young lawyer from Padua warn Shylock he must not take in addition to his pound of flesh?
(a) Antonio's life.
(c) One ounce over a pound.
13. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
(a) She manipulated her husband into marriage.
(b) Her husband did nothing illegal.
(c) Her husband made her a Christian.
(d) No man could mistreat her worse than her father did.
14. What did Jessica do with her mother's ring?
(a) Stole it for her own wedding ring.
(b) Sold it for money.
(c) Left it with her note to her father.
(d) Gave it to Antonio.
15. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
2. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
3. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
4. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
5. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)