|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock accuse Solanio and Salarino of?
(a) Tipping off Bassanio to sail in haste.
(b) Helping Jessica escape.
(c) Distracting him on his way home from dinner with Bassanio.
(d) Stealing his money.
2. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) 2 times the debt.
(b) 20 times the debt.
(c) A title of nobility and some land.
(d) A casket ful of jewels.
3. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(b) Fish bait.
(c) A trophy.
(d) Garden fertilizer.
4. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
(a) Packs his bags.
(b) Flirts with the Moorish servant.
(c) Sets the table.
(d) Writes a letter to Bassanio.
5. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
(a) Bassanio's ship.
(b) Antonio's house.
(c) The masquerade.
(d) Lorenzo's house.
6. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The jewel encrusted casket.
(b) The silver casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The brass casket.
7. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
(a) She manipulated her husband into marriage.
(b) Her husband made her a Christian.
(c) No man could mistreat her worse than her father did.
(d) Her husband did nothing illegal.
8. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(d) Any of the other merchants.
9. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
10. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
(b) The duke.
(d) The jailer.
11. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
12. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
(a) Shipments of pork getting shipwrecked.
(b) Jews not eating pork.
(c) Jews being converted.
(d) Bacon coming into a trend.
13. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
(b) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(c) Helping people who hate Jews.
(d) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
14. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
(a) The necklace Portia gave him.
(b) A deed to some of Portia's land.
(c) His ring from Portia.
(d) Half the owed debt.
15. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
3. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
4. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
5. What does Portia make Lorenzo and Jessica promise when she returns from Venice?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)