|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) 2 times the debt.
(b) A title of nobility and some land.
(c) 20 times the debt.
(d) A casket ful of jewels.
2. Where does Portia's cousin live?
3. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is virtuous.
(d) She is beautiful.
4. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The jewel encrusted casket.
6. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
(a) Give money.
(b) Ask favors of high ranking officials.
(d) Denounce her titles.
7. What does Nerissa plan to get from her husband before returning home with Portia?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) The deed to Shylock's house.
(c) The pendant around his neck.
(d) The ring she gave him.
8. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
9. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
10. Who does Nerissa marry?
11. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) A skull and a poem.
(b) A sack of jewels.
(c) A picture of Portia.
(d) A picture of a fool and a poem.
12. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
(a) He is being summoned as a judge in Venice.
(b) He is dismissed of all charges.
(c) He has inherited a great fortune.
(d) His ships are all safe in port.
13. Who is Shylock forced to deed his house to?
(b) The Duke.
(c) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(d) Portia and Bassanio.
14. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A book.
(b) A crown.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
15. What does Portia make Lorenzo and Jessica promise when she returns from Venice?
(a) Ask Bassanio where his ring is.
(b) Not tell Bassanio that she ever left.
(c) Refuse to talk to Bassanio when he arrives.
(d) Tell Bassanio that she is still at the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nerissa disguised as while she is in Venice with Portia?
2. Who announces to Lorenzo that Bassanio is expected home soon?
3. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
4. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
5. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)