|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
(a) The satisfation of seeing Shylock taken to jail.
(b) Twice the debt owed to Shylock.
(c) Half of Shylock's estate.
(d) All of Shylock's assets.
2. What does Jessica say about Portia when Lorenzo asks her what she thinks of Portia?
(a) She is intelligent.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She is virtuous.
(d) She is beautiful.
3. What is Nerissa disguised as while she is in Venice with Portia?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A servant.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A page boy.
4. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
5. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 8 ducats.
(b) 8000 ducats.
(c) 800 ducats.
(d) 80 ducats.
6. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
(a) Contracts will be broken.
(b) Business in Venice will suffer.
(c) The duke will be arrested.
(d) Money will be lost.
7. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
(a) Bacon coming into a trend.
(b) Jews not eating pork.
(c) Shipments of pork getting shipwrecked.
(d) Jews being converted.
8. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
9. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is insulting and arrogant.
(b) He is timid and careful.
(c) He is ignorant and slow.
(d) He is kind and thoughtful.
10. Who is Shylock forced to deed his house to?
(b) The Duke.
(c) Portia and Bassanio.
(d) Lorenzo and Jessica.
11. What does Shylock accuse Solanio and Salarino of?
(a) Tipping off Bassanio to sail in haste.
(b) Helping Jessica escape.
(c) Distracting him on his way home from dinner with Bassanio.
(d) Stealing his money.
12. What occupation does Portia's cousin hold?
13. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(a) Fish bait.
(c) A trophy.
(d) Garden fertilizer.
14. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) A title of nobility and some land.
(b) 20 times the debt.
(c) 2 times the debt.
(d) A casket ful of jewels.
15. Where have some of Antonio's ships sunk?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) Off the coast of Africa.
(c) In the Parisian harbor.
(d) The straits of Gibraltar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. Where does Portia's cousin live?
4. What does Portia threaten to do when she hears Bassanio has given away his ring?
5. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)