|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have some of Antonio's ships sunk?
(a) In the Parisian harbor.
(b) The straits of Gibraltar.
(c) The English Channel.
(d) Off the coast of Africa.
2. What does Launcelot blame the rise of bacon on?
(a) Bacon coming into a trend.
(b) Jews not eating pork.
(c) Shipments of pork getting shipwrecked.
(d) Jews being converted.
3. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
(a) Money will be lost.
(b) The duke will be arrested.
(c) Business in Venice will suffer.
(d) Contracts will be broken.
4. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A crown.
(b) A book.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
5. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her strength of character.
(c) Her patience.
(d) Her beauty.
6. Who is dressed up as the young lawyer frm Padua?
7. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
(a) Denounce her titles.
(c) Give money.
(d) Ask favors of high ranking officials.
8. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
(a) The masquerade is over.
(b) Bassanio's ship has sailed.
(c) Antonio refuses to let Shylock enter his house.
(d) Lorenzo's house is empty.
9. What does Lorenzo scold Launcelot for while Portia is away from her house?
(a) Eating all the food.
(b) Getting a Moorish servant pregnant.
(c) Scaring Jessica with his talk of hell-fire.
(d) Trying to smuggle some of Portia's goblets in his baggage.
10. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
(a) That music be played.
(b) That lunch be served.
(c) That he let her read the inscriptions to him.
(d) That he wait an hour.
11. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
(a) Embarrass him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Demand an explanation from him.
(d) Divorce him.
12. What does Shylock accuse Solanio and Salarino of?
(a) Tipping off Bassanio to sail in haste.
(b) Distracting him on his way home from dinner with Bassanio.
(c) Stealing his money.
(d) Helping Jessica escape.
13. What is Jessica's response to Launcelot's concern for her?
(a) Her husband did nothing illegal.
(b) Her husband made her a Christian.
(c) She manipulated her husband into marriage.
(d) No man could mistreat her worse than her father did.
14. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
(a) Lorenzo's house.
(b) Bassanio's ship.
(c) The masquerade.
(d) Antonio's house.
15. Where does Portia's cousin live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
3. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
4. What does the letter that Portia gives to Antonio say?
5. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)