|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Look out the window.
(b) Have visitors.
(c) Attend the ball.
(d) Worry about him.
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) A marriage certificate.
(b) Portia's picture.
(c) The key to the master bedroom.
(d) Wedding rings.
5. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A man in love.
(d) A masked man.
6. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
7. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(d) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
8. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
9. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Be his torchbearer.
(b) Convert to Christianity.
(c) Confront her father.
(d) Announce their marriage.
10. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Sneak out and attend the masquerade.
(b) Ask him to convert to Christianity with her.
(c) Drug his food with a sleeping draught.
(d) Run away with Lorenzo.
11. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
12. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
13. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
14. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His kind heart.
(b) His actions.
(c) His beauty.
(d) His love.
15. What is Launcelot's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
2. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
3. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
4. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
5. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)