|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) Portia's picture.
(b) Wedding rings.
(c) The key to the master bedroom.
(d) A marriage certificate.
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) His melancholy.
(c) A loan he just took out.
(d) His merchandise.
3. Who is Bassanio in love with?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
(a) His riches.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His speech.
(d) His dark skin.
6. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A pound of flesh.
(b) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(c) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(d) A portion of Antonio's company.
7. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His money.
(b) His looks.
(c) His horse.
(d) Her lady in waiting.
8. Who is Launcelot's master?
9. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
10. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
11. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
12. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his torchbearer.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be his partner for the night.
(d) Steal money from her father.
13. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The gold casket.
(b) The lead casket.
(c) The silver casket.
(d) The brass casket.
14. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
15. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He hates dances.
(b) He will be running away with Jessica.
(c) He feels that he is falling ill.
(d) He has decided to sail with Bassanio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
2. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
3. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
4. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
5. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)