|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his partner for the night.
(b) Steal money from her father.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Be his torchbearer.
2. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(c) No humor.
3. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
4. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
6. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
7. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
8. Who is late to the masquerade?
9. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) Not recognizing his own son.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
10. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
11. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
(a) Bassanio is his best friend.
(b) Bassanio is his cousin.
(c) Bassanio is his uncle.
(d) Bassanio is his brother.
12. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) Two wedding rings.
(b) A picture of Portia.
(c) A skull and a poem.
(d) A picture of a fool.
13. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(b) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(c) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(d) All his ships are currently sailing.
14. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Ask him to convert to Christianity with her.
(b) Run away with Lorenzo.
(c) Sneak out and attend the masquerade.
(d) Drug his food with a sleeping draught.
15. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
2. Who does Lorenzo love?
3. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
4. Who is Launcelot's master?
5. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)