|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) At a tavern.
(b) In the privacy of his home.
(c) At the masquerade.
(d) With Bassanio.
2. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(a) The Moroccan prince.
(b) An English duke.
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is not fair in his dealings.
(b) He lends money too generously.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is in love with his daughter.
4. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He will be running away with Jessica.
(b) He hates dances.
(c) He feels that he is falling ill.
(d) He has decided to sail with Bassanio.
5. What is Launcelot's father's name?
6. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) Her father and friend died.
(b) She cannot make her own choices.
(c) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(d) She is shackled by her fortune.
7. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His riches.
(d) His speech.
8. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
9. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
(a) She eats pork.
(b) She is in love with a Christian.
(c) She is generous with her money.
(d) She is too nice.
10. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
11. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(c) Competiton in the market.
(d) Worry over his ships.
12. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(b) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(c) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(d) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
13. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She could not find her father's cash box.
(b) She is dressed as a boy.
(c) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(d) She is not yet married.
14. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
15. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
2. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)