|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His riches.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His speech.
2. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Steal money from her father.
(b) Be his partner for the night.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Be his torchbearer.
4. Who does Lorenzo love?
5. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
6. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
7. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Worry about him.
(b) Look out the window.
(c) Attend the ball.
(d) Have visitors.
8. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) A portion of Antonio's company.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
9. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Bringing Jessica.
(b) Being late.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Offending Shylock.
10. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He lends money too generously.
(b) He is in love with his daughter.
(c) He is not fair in his dealings.
(d) He is a Jew.
11. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
12. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
13. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Meet at Antonio's house.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Sign a contract.
14. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Attend with him.
(b) Lock the doors and windows.
(c) Go to bed early.
(d) Serve him well.
15. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How his father has been.
(b) How long he will be in town.
(c) Who he loves.
(d) Where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
4. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
5. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)