|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shylock worried will happen during the masquerade?
(a) Chaos will ensue.
(b) He will forget his Jewish upbringing.
(c) His things will be stolen.
(d) A drunken man will come to hurt Jessica.
2. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) He must make up his own mind.
(b) She will marry no one.
(c) The choice is not hers.
(d) She already knows the kind of person he is.
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Late payments.
(c) Generous lending.
(d) Unexpected poverty.
4. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The lead casket.
(b) The gold casket.
(c) The brass casket.
(d) The silver casket.
5. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
(a) She is in love with a Christian.
(b) She is too nice.
(c) She is generous with her money.
(d) She eats pork.
6. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
7. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is in love with his daughter.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He is not fair in his dealings.
(d) He lends money too generously.
8. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How his father has been.
(b) Who he loves.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) How long he will be in town.
9. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(b) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(c) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(d) All his ships are currently sailing.
10. What reason does the guest at Belmont give for his choice of caskets?
(a) He is willing to risk all to have Portia.
(b) He feels he deserves Portia's hand in marriage.
(c) He knows many men have wooed Portia.
(d) He wants joy more than money.
11. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
12. What is Launcelot's occupation?
13. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
(a) Bassanio is his cousin.
(b) Bassanio is his best friend.
(c) Bassanio is his uncle.
(d) Bassanio is his brother.
14. What is Launcelot's father's name?
15. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
2. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
3. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
4. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)