|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
(a) Bassanio's ship.
(b) Antonio's house.
(c) The masquerade.
(d) Lorenzo's house.
2. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her boredom.
(c) Her poverty.
(d) Her Jewish heritage.
3. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The silver casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The jewel encrusted casket.
4. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Divulge information to Antonio.
(b) Forget who he is working for.
(c) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
(d) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
5. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Steal some money.
(b) Move out of Italy.
(c) Get married.
(d) Run away from his master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
2. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
3. What does the young lawyer from Padua warn Shylock he must not take in addition to his pound of flesh?
4. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
5. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)