|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) Competition in the market.
(c) Worry over his ships.
(d) His mother's sickness.
4. What does the young lawyer from Padua warn Shylock he must not take in addition to his pound of flesh?
(a) One ounce over a pound.
(c) Antonio's life.
5. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
(a) Divorce him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Demand an explanation from him.
(d) Embarrass him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
2. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
3. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
4. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
5. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)