|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A book.
(b) A dream.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A staged play.
2. What does Shylock warn the jailer not to do?
(a) Be sympathetic towards Antonio.
(b) Divulge information to Antonio.
(c) Forget who he is working for.
(d) Be a witness for Antonio's case.
3. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After marriage.
(b) After the committment is made.
(c) After consummation.
(d) After the gleam wears off.
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does Bassanio give the young lawyer from Padua in return for his service to Antonio?
(a) Half the owed debt.
(b) The necklace Portia gave him.
(c) His ring from Portia.
(d) A deed to some of Portia's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
2. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
3. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
4. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
5. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)