|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) Who he loves.
(c) How his father has been.
(d) Where he is going.
2. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her patience.
(c) Her strength of character.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His ego.
(d) His clothing.
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What many men want.
(d) What he deserves.
5. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
2. What does Jessica hope to lose on the night of the masquerade?
3. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)