|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Gratiano say love tends to wane?
(a) After consummation.
(b) After marriage.
(c) After the committment is made.
(d) After the gleam wears off.
2. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
(a) On a business trip.
(b) Dining out.
(d) At a worship service.
3. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) As a servant.
(b) In a flowing gown and intricate mask.
(c) As a page.
(d) As a queen.
4. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(b) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(c) There will be pork at the table.
(d) He hates Antonio.
5. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(b) Her servants.
(c) A suitor who arrived too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
2. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
3. What does Launcelot do when he leaves the room after being scolded by Lorenzo at Portia's house?
4. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
5. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)