|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His best behavior.
(b) His cooking skills.
(c) Half the cost of using the ship.
(d) A contract.
2. Who takes the disguised Nerissa to Shylock's house to collect his deed?
3. What does Lorenzo praise Portia for after Bassanio leaves Belmont?
(a) Her strength of character.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her patience.
4. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) Portia's father.
(b) Portia's godfather.
(c) Another suitor.
(d) A merchant.
5. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The brass casket.
(b) The jewel encrusted casket.
(c) The lead casket.
(d) The silver casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
2. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
4. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
5. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)