|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
(a) Good treatment.
(d) Fair wages.
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
5. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To save some time.
(b) To hide his identity.
(c) To reach his home.
(d) To woo a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Solanio say the duke will not uphold the law?
2. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
3. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
4. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
5. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)