|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Shylock he expects Shylock to do?
(a) Become partners with Antonio.
(b) Relent and forgive Antonio at the last minute.
(c) Remain cold and heartless.
(d) Lose all his busniess due to his ferocity.
2. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His best behavior.
(b) Half the cost of using the ship.
(c) His cooking skills.
(d) A contract.
3. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(b) There will be pork at the table.
(c) He hates Antonio.
(d) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
4. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
(a) Twice the debt owed to Shylock.
(b) Half of Shylock's estate.
(c) All of Shylock's assets.
(d) The satisfation of seeing Shylock taken to jail.
5. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
2. Where does Portia's cousin live?
3. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
5. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)