|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lawyer who has come to Venice to help the Duke make a ruling on the case?
2. What is Nerissa disguised as while she is in Venice with Portia?
(a) A servant.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A page boy.
3. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
4. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A crown.
(c) A book.
(d) A ring.
5. What does the Duke tell Shylock he expects Shylock to do?
(a) Become partners with Antonio.
(b) Relent and forgive Antonio at the last minute.
(c) Lose all his busniess due to his ferocity.
(d) Remain cold and heartless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
2. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
5. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)