|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio receive after Shylock is accused of threatening his life?
(a) Twice the debt owed to Shylock.
(b) The satisfation of seeing Shylock taken to jail.
(c) All of Shylock's assets.
(d) Half of Shylock's estate.
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
(a) Bassanio is his uncle.
(b) Bassanio is his brother.
(c) Bassanio is his best friend.
(d) Bassanio is his cousin.
3. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) His mother.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) A loan he just took out.
4. What does Launcelot tell Jessica he is worried about her for?
(a) Her father will try to arrest her new husband.
(b) She was manipulated into her marriage.
(c) She may go to hell for the sins of her father.
(d) Her new husband will mistreat her.
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Three times the loan amount.
(b) Ten times the amount of the loan.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Twice the amount of the loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
2. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
3. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
4. What does Portia plan to do with what she got from her husband while in Venice?
5. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)