|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
2. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A living legend.
(c) A staged play.
(d) A book.
3. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
(a) A risky investment.
(b) What he deserves.
(c) A joy beyond all measure.
(d) What many men want.
4. What does Shylock accuse Solanio and Salarino of?
(a) Stealing his money.
(b) Distracting him on his way home from dinner with Bassanio.
(c) Helping Jessica escape.
(d) Tipping off Bassanio to sail in haste.
5. What is Launcelot's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
2. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
4. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)