|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
2. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
(a) What many men want.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) A joy beyond all measure.
3. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She is shackled by her fortune.
(b) She cannot make her own choices.
(c) Her father and friend died.
(d) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
4. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
(a) She is afraid she will be rejected from the synogogue.
(b) She is afraid her father will find out.
(c) She is not dressed appropriately.
(d) She is afraid of what people will think of her.
5. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
2. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
3. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
4. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
5. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)