|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The lead casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The silver casket.
(d) The gold casket.
2. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His bad jokes.
(b) His lack of money or occupation.
(c) Not recognizing his own son.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
3. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
(a) To help Antonio.
(b) To get his things.
(c) To prove his love for her.
(d) To prepare for the wedding.
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
2. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
3. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
4. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
5. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)