|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her godfather.
(c) Her uncle.
2. What does Antonio think Shylock hates him for while he is in prison?
(a) Helping Jessica run away with Lorenzo.
(b) Not dealiing fairly with Shylock in the past.
(c) Helping people who hate Jews.
(d) Loaning money to those who can't afford it.
3. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) At the masquerade.
(b) With Bassanio.
(c) At a tavern.
(d) In the privacy of his home.
4. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) There will be pork at the table.
(d) He hates Antonio.
5. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. Who is Launcelot's master?
3. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
4. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
5. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)