|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
2. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) The deed of inheritance.
(b) A royal decree.
(c) A book of decorum.
(d) Her father's will.
3. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
4. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
(a) That he wait an hour.
(b) That music be played.
(c) That lunch be served.
(d) That he let her read the inscriptions to him.
5. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Courting Portia.
(c) Dining and Talking.
(d) Preparing to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
2. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
3. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
4. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
5. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)