|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His cooking skills.
(b) Half the cost of using the ship.
(c) A contract.
(d) His best behavior.
2. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Confront her father.
(b) Be his torchbearer.
(c) Announce their marriage.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is in love with his daughter.
(b) He is not fair in his dealings.
(c) He lends money too generously.
(d) He is a Jew.
4. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
(a) She is afraid she will be rejected from the synogogue.
(b) She is not dressed appropriately.
(c) She is afraid her father will find out.
(d) She is afraid of what people will think of her.
5. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) Her servants.
(c) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(d) A suitor who arrived too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
2. Why does Portia want Bassanio to wait to choose his casket?
3. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)