|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new reason does Shylock have to hate Bassanio on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He is not able to repay the loan he took out.
(b) He has been heard saying rude things about Shylock.
(c) Launcelot is working for him now.
(d) Jessica wants to marry him.
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The courage of the suitors.
(b) The character of the suitors.
(c) The sincerity of the suitors.
(d) The intent of the suitors.
3. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
(a) To spite Bassanio.
(b) To avoid the noise of the celebration.
(c) To take comfort with friends.
(d) To keep an eye on his competition.
4. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He does business often with her father.
(b) He has been courting her.
(c) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(d) He was her father's servant.
5. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her Jewish heritage.
(c) Her boredom.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
3. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)