|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Lock the doors and windows.
(b) Serve him well.
(c) Go to bed early.
(d) Attend with him.
2. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
(a) Bassanio's ship has sailed.
(b) Lorenzo's house is empty.
(c) The masquerade is over.
(d) Antonio refuses to let Shylock enter his house.
3. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
(a) A Scottish duke.
(b) The Prince of Morocco.
(c) An Egyptian heir.
(d) The Earl of Norway.
4. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) A purse.
(b) A gift bag.
(c) A box.
(d) A dress.
5. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A book.
(c) A ring.
(d) A crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
3. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
4. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)