|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. What religion does Shylock follow?
3. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Choose the right casket.
(b) Leave without a fight.
(c) Pay closer attention to the clues.
(d) Choose the worng casket.
4. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) A title of nobility and some land.
(b) A casket ful of jewels.
(c) 20 times the debt.
(d) 2 times the debt.
5. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) The villain is being nice.
(c) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(d) He feels guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Launcelot's occupation?
2. What is Launcelot's father's name?
3. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
4. Why is Shylock not able to search where he wants to for his missing daughter?
5. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)