|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 80 ducats.
(b) 800 ducats.
(c) 8 ducats.
(d) 8000 ducats.
2. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He has been courting her.
(b) He does business often with her father.
(c) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(d) He was her father's servant.
3. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her low social rank.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her looks.
4. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He leaves the scene quickly.
(b) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He starts raving furiously.
5. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) A loan he just took out.
(b) His melancholy.
(c) His mother.
(d) His merchandise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
2. Why has Bassanio left Portia just after winning the right to marry her?
3. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
4. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
5. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)