|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He does business often with her father.
(b) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(c) He was her father's servant.
(d) He has been courting her.
2. What does Jessica hope to lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) A father.
(b) A title.
(c) A home.
(d) A religion.
3. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
(a) What he deserves.
(b) A joy beyond all measure.
(c) What many men want.
(d) A risky investment.
4. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Where he is going.
(b) How long he will be in town.
(c) Who he loves.
(d) How his father has been.
5. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
(a) Portia is not smart enough.
(b) Portia is not beautiful enough.
(c) Portia is not kind enough.
(d) Portia is not rich enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
2. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
3. Where have some of Antonio's ships sunk?
4. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)