|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) What many men want.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) A joy beyond all measure.
2. Who does Shylock petition for help when he sees that his daughter is gone?
(a) The governor.
(b) The duke.
(c) The prince.
(d) The king.
3. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
(a) The duke.
(b) The jailer.
4. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
(a) 800 ducats.
(b) 80 ducats.
(c) 8000 ducats.
(d) 8 ducats.
5. How is Jessica dressed when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) As a page.
(b) As a queen.
(c) In a flowing gown and intricate mask.
(d) As a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
2. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
3. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
4. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
5. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)