|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Courting Portia.
(c) Dining and Talking.
(d) Preparing to leave.
2. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(b) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
(c) He falls suddenly ill.
(d) He is summoned to help Antonio.
3. How does Launcelot tell Jessica about who is coming to her house the night of the masquerade?
(a) He tells her in code.
(b) He gives her a note.
(c) He yells it to her as he leaves.
(d) He whispers to her.
4. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(c) A suitor who arrived too late.
(d) Her servants.
5. Who does Shylock say has never had sympathy for him?
(d) Any of the other merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
2. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
3. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
4. What is Launcelot's occupation?
5. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)