|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Courting Portia.
(b) Choosing between the caskets.
(c) Preparing to leave.
(d) Dining and Talking.
2. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is not wealthy.
(b) He is known to be disloyal.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is not Jewish.
3. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
4. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
(a) 20 times the debt.
(b) 2 times the debt.
(c) A casket ful of jewels.
(d) A title of nobility and some land.
5. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shylock worried will happen during the masquerade?
2. Who does Antonio plead for mercy from?
3. What is found inside the casket chosen by the second suitor to Portia while Bassanio is sailing there?
4. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)