|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bassanio in love with?
2. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
(a) He fears Shylock has figured out his plans with his daughter.
(b) He has business over seas.
(c) He has a shipment to watch over.
(d) He is now employed by Bassanio.
3. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) The discussion with his friends.
(b) An announcement from Bassanio.
(c) News from Launcelot.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
2. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
3. Who is Launcelot's master?
4. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)