|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(c) A ship.
2. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
(a) That music be played.
(b) That lunch be served.
(c) That he let her read the inscriptions to him.
(d) That he wait an hour.
3. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is kind and thoughtful.
(b) He is ignorant and slow.
(c) He is insulting and arrogant.
(d) He is timid and careful.
4. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her uncle.
(c) Her godfather.
(d) Her father.
5. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
3. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
4. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
5. What does Shylock say will happen if the duke does not uphold the contract between Shylock and Antonio?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)