|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) In the privacy of his home.
(b) At a tavern.
(c) With Bassanio.
(d) At the masquerade.
2. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
(b) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(c) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(d) He falls suddenly ill.
3. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He was her father's servant.
(b) He has been courting her.
(c) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(d) He does business often with her father.
4. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
(a) It looks dangerous.
(b) It has a strange and dull beauty to it.
(c) It looks well worn.
(d) It seems so common.
5. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) Who he loves.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) How his father has been.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
2. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
3. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
4. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)