|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
2. Where is the second guest at Belmont from while Bassanio is sailing there?
3. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(b) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(c) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(d) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
4. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Five Percent.
(d) Twenty Percent.
5. Who does Portia leave in charge of her house when she leaves?
(a) A suitor who arrived too late.
(c) Lorenzo and Jessica.
(d) Her servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
2. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
3. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
4. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
5. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)