|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
2. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A book.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A crown.
(d) A ring.
3. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) An announcement from Bassanio.
(b) The discussion with his friends.
(c) News from Launcelot.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
4. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) Worry over his ships.
(c) Competition in the market.
(d) His mother's sickness.
5. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
2. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
3. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
4. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
5. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)