|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) A letter from Jessica.
(b) News from Launcelot.
(c) The discussion with his friends.
(d) An announcement from Bassanio.
2. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The brass casket.
(b) The lead casket.
(c) The silver casket.
(d) The jewel encrusted casket.
3. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
4. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her Jewish heritage.
(b) Her poverty.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her boredom.
5. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
(a) She is not dressed appropriately.
(b) She is afraid she will be rejected from the synogogue.
(c) She is afraid her father will find out.
(d) She is afraid of what people will think of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
3. What does Shylock accuse Solanio and Salarino of?
4. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
5. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)