|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
2. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Offending Shylock.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) Bringing Jessica.
(d) Being late.
3. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He hates dances.
(b) He has decided to sail with Bassanio.
(c) He feels that he is falling ill.
(d) He will be running away with Jessica.
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A risky investment.
(b) What he deserves.
(c) What many men want.
(d) A joy beyond all measure.
5. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She is shackled by her fortune.
(b) Her father and friend died.
(c) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(d) She cannot make her own choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
2. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
3. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
4. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
5. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)