|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) News from Launcelot.
(b) The discussion with his friends.
(c) An announcement from Bassanio.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
(a) Portia is not beautiful enough.
(b) Portia is not smart enough.
(c) Portia is not kind enough.
(d) Portia is not rich enough.
3. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) A box.
(b) A dress.
(c) A gift bag.
(d) A purse.
4. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) A risky investment.
(c) What he deserves.
(d) What many men want.
5. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Worry about him.
(b) Attend the ball.
(c) Have visitors.
(d) Look out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
2. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
3. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
4. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
5. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)