|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is known to be disloyal.
(c) He is not wealthy.
(d) He is not Jewish.
2. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(b) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She will be sent to hell.
3. Where have some of Antonio's ships sunk?
(a) In the Parisian harbor.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) The straits of Gibraltar.
(d) Off the coast of Africa.
4. Who is late to the masquerade?
5. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
2. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
3. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
4. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
5. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)