|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which casket does Bassanio choose?
2. What does the inscription on the gold casket say it holds?
(a) A joy beyond all measure.
(b) What he deserves.
(c) A risky investment.
(d) What many men want.
3. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He falls suddenly ill.
(b) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(c) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(d) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
4. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(a) Twenty Percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Five Percent.
5. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
3. What does Portia offer to give to satisfy Antonio's debt to Shylock?
4. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
5. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)