|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
(b) He is sworn to secrecy.
(c) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(d) He must pay the price.
2. What does Portia hope other suitors like the Prince will do when they come to woo her?
(a) Leave without a fight.
(b) Pay closer attention to the clues.
(c) Choose the right casket.
(d) Choose the worng casket.
3. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(b) She is not yet married.
(c) She is dressed as a boy.
(d) She could not find her father's cash box.
4. Who does Lorenzo love?
5. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To woo a woman.
(b) To hide his identity.
(c) To reach his home.
(d) To save some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
2. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
3. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
4. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
5. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)