|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A book.
(d) A living legend.
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) His merchandise.
(c) A loan he just took out.
(d) His mother.
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Confront her father.
(b) Announce their marriage.
(c) Be his torchbearer.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
5. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(b) Competition in the market.
(c) Worry over his ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
4. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
5. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)