|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He hates dances.
(b) He will be running away with Jessica.
(c) He feels that he is falling ill.
(d) He has decided to sail with Bassanio.
2. Who does Lorenzo love?
3. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The jewel encrusted casket.
(b) The lead casket.
(c) The brass casket.
(d) The silver casket.
4. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(a) Fish bait.
(c) A trophy.
(d) Garden fertilizer.
5. How does the second suitor to Portia treat her while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) He is kind and thoughtful.
(b) He is insulting and arrogant.
(c) He is timid and careful.
(d) He is ignorant and slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
2. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
3. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
4. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
5. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)