|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. How does Launcelot tell Jessica about who is coming to her house the night of the masquerade?
(a) He gives her a note.
(b) He tells her in code.
(c) He yells it to her as he leaves.
(d) He whispers to her.
3. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His looks.
(b) His horse.
(c) Her lady in waiting.
(d) His money.
4. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He was her father's servant.
(b) He has been courting her.
(c) He does business often with her father.
(d) He is a very popular figure in the area.
5. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(b) Worry over his ships.
(c) His mother's sickness.
(d) Competition in the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
2. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
5. What new reason does Shylock have to hate Bassanio on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)