|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Delivers a letter.
(b) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(c) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(d) Tells jokes.
2. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Choosing between the caskets.
(b) Preparing to leave.
(c) Dining and Talking.
(d) Courting Portia.
3. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(a) No humor.
4. Which casket does the guest at Belmont choose while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) The lead casket.
(b) The brass casket.
(c) The gold casket.
(d) The silver casket.
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) His bad jokes.
(c) His mismatched clothing.
(d) Not recognizing his own son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
2. What does the inscription on the lead casket say it holds?
3. Why does Portia want Bassanio to wait to choose his casket?
4. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
5. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)