|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He lends money too generously.
(b) He is in love with his daughter.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
2. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) News from Launcelot.
(b) An announcement from Bassanio.
(c) The discussion with his friends.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
3. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) She thanks him for his good nature and bids him farewel..
(b) She is frightened by his anger.
(c) She joins in laughing about the joke.
(d) She is glad he chose wrong.
4. Who is Bassanio in love with?
5. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
(a) The lead casket.
(b) The jewel encrusted casket.
(c) The brass casket.
(d) The silver casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
2. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
3. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
4. What did the Moroccan Prince think many men desired?
5. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)