|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new reason does Shylock have to hate Bassanio on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Jessica wants to marry him.
(b) Launcelot is working for him now.
(c) He has been heard saying rude things about Shylock.
(d) He is not able to repay the loan he took out.
2. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her boredom.
(b) Her Jewish heritage.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her poverty.
3. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
(a) Portia is not smart enough.
(b) Portia is not kind enough.
(c) Portia is not beautiful enough.
(d) Portia is not rich enough.
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
(a) Fish bait.
(b) A trophy.
(d) Garden fertilizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
2. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
5. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)