|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He must pay the price.
(b) He is sworn to secrecy.
(c) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
(d) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
2. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Offending Shylock.
(b) Being late.
(c) Bringing Jessica.
(d) Getting lost.
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Steal money from her father.
(b) Be his torchbearer.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Be his partner for the night.
5. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(b) He falls suddenly ill.
(c) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(d) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jessica afraid to do what is asked of her at the masquerade?
2. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
3. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
5. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)