|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her low social rank.
(d) Her religion.
2. What is Shylock worried will happen during the masquerade?
(a) A drunken man will come to hurt Jessica.
(b) His things will be stolen.
(c) Chaos will ensue.
(d) He will forget his Jewish upbringing.
3. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To woo a woman.
(b) To hide his identity.
(c) To reach his home.
(d) To save some time.
4. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His actions.
(b) His love.
(c) His beauty.
(d) His kind heart.
5. Who is Bassanio in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
2. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
3. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
4. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
5. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)