|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing for it?
(a) An Egyptian heir.
(b) A Scottish duke.
(c) The Prince of Morocco.
(d) The Earl of Norway.
2. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) Who he loves.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) How his father has been.
3. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) News from Launcelot.
(b) An announcement from Bassanio.
(c) The discussion with his friends.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A portion of Antonio's company.
5. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His kind heart.
(b) His actions.
(c) His love.
(d) His beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antonio say he last saw Lorenzo?
2. How does Shylock plan to use the pound of flesh he will get from Antonio?
3. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)