|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Ten times the amount of the loan.
(b) Three times the loan amount.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Twice the amount of the loan.
2. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) An announcement from Bassanio.
(b) The discussion with his friends.
(c) A letter from Jessica.
(d) News from Launcelot.
3. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Announce their marriage.
(b) Be his torchbearer.
(c) Convert to Christianity.
(d) Confront her father.
4. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
(b) He falls suddenly ill.
(c) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(d) He is summoned to help Antonio.
5. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(b) He was her father's servant.
(c) He has been courting her.
(d) He does business often with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
2. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
4. What is Jessica holding when she arrives at the masquerade?
5. Who is present when Shylock realizes his daughter is gone?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)