|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(b) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(c) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(d) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
2. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Twice the amount of the loan.
(b) Three times the loan amount.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Ten times the amount of the loan.
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Generous lending.
(b) Late payments.
(d) Unexpected poverty.
4. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
(a) Two wedding rings.
(b) A skull and a poem.
(c) A picture of a fool.
(d) A picture of Portia.
5. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To change her clothes.
(b) To find some more money.
(c) To lock it up.
(d) To leave a note for her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
3. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
4. What does the inscription on the silver casket say it holds?
5. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)