|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Shake hands on the deal.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Meet at Antonio's house.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. What is the guest at Belmont doing while Bassanio is sailing there?
(a) Preparing to leave.
(b) Courting Portia.
(c) Choosing between the caskets.
(d) Dining and Talking.
4. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Run away with Lorenzo.
(b) Sneak out and attend the masquerade.
(c) Drug his food with a sleeping draught.
(d) Ask him to convert to Christianity with her.
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) Portia's father.
(b) A merchant.
(c) Another suitor.
(d) Portia's godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
2. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
3. What does Portia request while Bassanio is choosing his casket?
4. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
5. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)