|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock say will happen to Jessica due to her betrayal?
(a) She is disowned.
(b) She will be stripped of her title and her inheritance.
(c) She will be sent to hell.
(d) She will be dishonored by the synogogue.
2. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To hide his identity.
(b) To save some time.
(c) To woo a woman.
(d) To reach his home.
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
5. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
(a) He has business over seas.
(b) He has a shipment to watch over.
(c) He is now employed by Bassanio.
(d) He fears Shylock has figured out his plans with his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
4. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
5. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)