|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His ego.
2. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(b) Worry over his ships.
(c) Competiton in the market.
3. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her low social rank.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her father.
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To woo a woman.
(b) To save some time.
(c) To reach his home.
(d) To hide his identity.
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) Not recognizing his own son.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shylock want to search for his missing daughter?
2. What about the lead box intrigues Bassanio?
3. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
4. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
5. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)