|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Look out the window.
(b) Have visitors.
(c) Worry about him.
(d) Attend the ball.
2. Who is Launcelot's master?
3. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Twenty Percent.
(c) Five Percent.
(d) Ten percent.
4. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her godfather.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
(a) Be his torchbearer.
(b) Convert to Christianity.
(c) Confront her father.
(d) Announce their marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)