|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) His wares are on more than one ship.
(b) All of his wares are insured.
(c) He has more than enough money.
(d) He cares not for money.
2. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Tells jokes.
(b) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(c) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(d) Delivers a letter.
3. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) A marriage certificate.
(b) The key to the master bedroom.
(c) Wedding rings.
(d) Portia's picture.
4. What does Jessica hope to lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) A father.
(b) A religion.
(c) A title.
(d) A home.
5. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His cooking skills.
(b) His best behavior.
(c) Half the cost of using the ship.
(d) A contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
2. What is Launcelot's father's name?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
4. What is Shylock worried will happen during the masquerade?
5. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)