|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) The discussion with his friends.
(b) An announcement from Bassanio.
(c) News from Launcelot.
(d) A letter from Jessica.
2. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
3. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His love.
(b) His kind heart.
(c) His actions.
(d) His beauty.
4. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She is shackled by her fortune.
(b) She cannot make her own choices.
(c) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(d) Her father and friend died.
5. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) The key to the master bedroom.
(b) Wedding rings.
(c) A marriage certificate.
(d) Portia's picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)