|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
2. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
3. What is Shylock worried will happen during the masquerade?
(a) A drunken man will come to hurt Jessica.
(b) His things will be stolen.
(c) He will forget his Jewish upbringing.
(d) Chaos will ensue.
4. How does Launcelot tell Jessica about who is coming to her house the night of the masquerade?
(a) He gives her a note.
(b) He tells her in code.
(c) He whispers to her.
(d) He yells it to her as he leaves.
5. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His ego.
(d) His clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
2. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
4. What religion does Shylock follow?
5. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)