|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She is dressed as a boy.
(b) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(c) She could not find her father's cash box.
(d) She is not yet married.
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Ten times the amount of the loan.
(b) Three times the loan amount.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Twice the amount of the loan.
4. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
(b) Fair wages.
(d) Good treatment.
5. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A masked man.
(d) A man in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
2. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
3. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
4. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
5. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)