|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo apologize for when he arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Offending Shylock.
(c) Bringing Jessica.
(d) Being late.
2. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A living legend.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A book.
(d) A dream.
3. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
4. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) All of his wares are insured.
(b) He has more than enough money.
(c) His wares are on more than one ship.
(d) He cares not for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
4. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
5. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)