|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her godfather.
3. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
(a) Not taking after her mother in looks.
(b) Being too stubborn to see the truth about Launcelot.
(c) Being ashamed of her father.
(d) Wanting to turn her back on her religion.
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His lack of money or occupation.
(b) Not recognizing his own son.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
5. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
(a) Good treatment.
(d) Fair wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
2. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
3. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
4. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
5. How does Launcelot tell Jessica about who is coming to her house the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)