|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) Worry over his ships.
(b) His mother's sickness.
(c) Competiton in the market.
2. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
3. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He will be running away with Jessica.
(b) He feels that he is falling ill.
(c) He hates dances.
(d) He has decided to sail with Bassanio.
4. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her godfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
5. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
2. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
3. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
4. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)