|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
(a) He does not want to be seen with Jessica.
(b) Bassanio sets sail when the wind changes.
(c) He is summoned to help Antonio.
(d) He falls suddenly ill.
2. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She is shackled by her fortune.
(b) Her father and friend died.
(c) She cannot make her own choices.
(d) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
3. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
4. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) She is not disguised enough to fool her father.
(b) She is not yet married.
(c) She could not find her father's cash box.
(d) She is dressed as a boy.
5. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
3. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
4. What does Gratiano say most lovers really love?
5. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)