|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
(a) At a worship service.
(c) Dining out.
(d) On a business trip.
2. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(b) She will marry no one.
(c) The choice is not hers.
(d) He must make up his own mind.
3. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(a) Ten percent.
(c) Twenty Percent.
(d) Five Percent.
4. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
5. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Be his torchbearer.
(c) Be his partner for the night.
(d) Steal money from her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
2. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
3. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
4. What religion does Antonio follow?
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)