|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(c) The Moroccan prince.
(d) An English duke.
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A portion of Antonio's company.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
3. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
4. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) A friend.
(b) Some money.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A business deal.
5. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Attend the ball.
(b) Look out the window.
(c) Worry about him.
(d) Have visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
2. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
5. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)