|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
2. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
3. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He does business often with her father.
(b) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(c) He was her father's servant.
(d) He has been courting her.
4. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
(a) To spite Bassanio.
(b) To keep an eye on his competition.
(c) To avoid the noise of the celebration.
(d) To take comfort with friends.
5. What does Jessica hope her father will lose on the night of the masquerade?
(a) A friend.
(b) A business deal.
(c) Some money.
(d) A daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
2. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
4. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
5. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)