|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) The key to the master bedroom.
(b) A marriage certificate.
(c) Wedding rings.
(d) Portia's picture.
2. Why does Jessica return to her house before the masquerade?
(a) To leave a note for her father.
(b) To lock it up.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To find some more money.
3. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
(a) He is a very popular figure in the area.
(b) He has been courting her.
(c) He was her father's servant.
(d) He does business often with her father.
4. Who does Lorenzo love?
5. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
2. What does Shylock tell Launcelot he will not receive while working for his new master?
3. What is Launcelot's father's name?
4. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
5. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)