|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Launcelot's occupation?
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The sincerity of the suitors.
(b) The intent of the suitors.
(c) The courage of the suitors.
(d) The character of the suitors.
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His cooking skills.
(b) A contract.
(c) Half the cost of using the ship.
(d) His best behavior.
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
5. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) How his father has been.
(c) Who he loves.
(d) Where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
2. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
3. What is Shylock worried will happen during the masquerade?
4. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)