|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her godfather.
2. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His ego.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His dark skin.
3. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
4. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) He must make up his own mind.
(b) The choice is not hers.
(c) She will marry no one.
(d) She already knows the kind of person he is.
5. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
2. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
4. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
5. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)