|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Shake hands on the deal.
(c) Meet at Antonio's house.
(d) Sign a contract.
3. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) At a tavern.
(b) In the privacy of his home.
(c) At the masquerade.
(d) With Bassanio.
4. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The intent of the suitors.
(b) The courage of the suitors.
(c) The character of the suitors.
(d) The sincerity of the suitors.
5. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
2. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
3. What new reason does Shylock have to hate Bassanio on the night of the masquerade?
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)