|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Launcelot tell Jessica about who is coming to her house the night of the masquerade?
(a) He gives her a note.
(b) He whispers to her.
(c) He yells it to her as he leaves.
(d) He tells her in code.
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The courage of the suitors.
(b) The sincerity of the suitors.
(c) The character of the suitors.
(d) The intent of the suitors.
3. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
4. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A book.
5. Why has Shylock chosen to dine where he is on the night of the masquerade?
(a) To take comfort with friends.
(b) To keep an eye on his competition.
(c) To spite Bassanio.
(d) To avoid the noise of the celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
2. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
3. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
4. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
5. What is Jessica afraid to do for Lorenzo at the masquerade?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)