|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter want to follow?
2. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
3. Who does Launcelot tell Jessica is coming the night of the masquerade?
(a) A man in love.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A masked man.
4. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Twenty Percent.
(c) Five Percent.
(d) Ten percent.
5. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She cannot make her own choices.
(b) She is shackled by her fortune.
(c) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(d) Her father and friend died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
2. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
3. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
4. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
5. What is Jessica so annoyed about when she arrives at the masquerade?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)