|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) The villain is being nice.
(c) The cost is too high.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
3. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) He must make up his own mind.
(b) She will marry no one.
(c) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(d) The choice is not hers.
4. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) How his father has been.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) Who he loves.
5. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her godfather.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
2. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
3. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
4. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
5. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)