|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(b) All his ships are currently sailing.
(c) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(d) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
2. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He lies openly.
(b) He seems muddled in the head.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is cruel.
4. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
2. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
4. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
5. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)