|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The villain is being nice.
(b) The cost is too high.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
2. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(b) Competition in the market.
(c) Worry over his ships.
(d) His mother's sickness.
3. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(b) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(c) Delivers a letter.
(d) Tells jokes.
4. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A book.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A staged play.
5. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his partner for the night.
(b) Steal money from her father.
(c) Be his torchbearer.
(d) Marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
2. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
3. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)