|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Shylock be when his daughter attends the masquerade?
(a) Dining out.
(b) At a worship service.
(d) On a business trip.
2. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her low social rank.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her looks.
3. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(c) The Moroccan prince.
(d) An English duke.
4. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move out of Italy.
(c) Run away from his master.
(d) Steal some money.
5. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
3. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
4. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
5. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)