|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. What religion does Antonio follow?
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He seems muddled in the head.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He lies openly.
(d) He is cruel.
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To woo a woman.
(b) To save some time.
(c) To hide his identity.
(d) To reach his home.
5. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Run away from his master.
(b) Get married.
(c) Steal some money.
(d) Move out of Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
2. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
3. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
4. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
5. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)