|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is not wealthy.
(c) He is not Jewish.
(d) He is known to be disloyal.
2. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) All of his wares are insured.
(b) His wares are on more than one ship.
(c) He has more than enough money.
(d) He cares not for money.
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The villain is being nice.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) The cost is too high.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
4. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
(a) Not taking after her mother in looks.
(b) Wanting to turn her back on her religion.
(c) Being ashamed of her father.
(d) Being too stubborn to see the truth about Launcelot.
5. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
2. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
5. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)