|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His money.
(b) His horse.
(c) Her lady in waiting.
(d) His looks.
3. What is Launcelot's occupation?
4. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
5. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(d) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
4. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)