|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(c) A ship.
2. What does Shylock's daughter hate herself for?
(a) Not taking after her mother in looks.
(b) Being too stubborn to see the truth about Launcelot.
(c) Wanting to turn her back on her religion.
(d) Being ashamed of her father.
3. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His merchandise.
(b) His mother.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) A loan he just took out.
4. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
(a) An announcement from Bassanio.
(b) A letter from Jessica.
(c) The discussion with his friends.
(d) News from Launcelot.
5. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
3. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
4. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
5. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)