|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Launcelot's occupation?
2. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) She will marry no one.
(b) He must make up his own mind.
(c) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(d) The choice is not hers.
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
(a) His best behavior.
(b) His cooking skills.
(c) A contract.
(d) Half the cost of using the ship.
4. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) His wares are on more than one ship.
(b) All of his wares are insured.
(c) He cares not for money.
(d) He has more than enough money.
5. What is Launcelot's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
2. What religion does Shylock follow?
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
4. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
5. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)