|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Meet at Antonio's house.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Sign a contract.
2. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Twenty Percent.
(d) Five Percent.
3. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
4. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(b) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
(c) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(d) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
5. What do the men lack for the upcoming masquerade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
2. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
3. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
4. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
5. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)