|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His horse.
(b) His money.
(c) Her lady in waiting.
(d) His looks.
3. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
(b) Delivers a letter.
(c) Tells jokes.
(d) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
4. Who does Shylock's daughter ask to deliver the letter she writes just before Bassanio leaves Venice?
5. Who is Launcelot's master?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
2. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
3. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
4. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
5. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)