|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His mismatched clothing.
(b) His lack of money or occupation.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) Not recognizing his own son.
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His ego.
(d) His dark skin.
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To hide his identity.
(b) To reach his home.
(c) To save some time.
(d) To woo a woman.
5. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
2. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
3. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
4. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)