|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The character of the suitors.
(b) The intent of the suitors.
(c) The courage of the suitors.
(d) The sincerity of the suitors.
2. What does Lorenzo say he will be doing on the night of the masquerade?
(a) He has decided to sail with Bassanio.
(b) He will be running away with Jessica.
(c) He feels that he is falling ill.
(d) He hates dances.
3. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
4. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(a) The Moroccan prince.
(d) An English duke.
5. What religion does Antonio follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
2. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
3. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
4. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
5. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)