|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
(a) He is known to be disloyal.
(b) He is not wealthy.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is not Jewish.
2. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The intent of the suitors.
(b) The courage of the suitors.
(c) The sincerity of the suitors.
(d) The character of the suitors.
3. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(b) Worry over his ships.
(d) Competiton in the market.
4. Who does Lorenzo love?
5. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
2. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
4. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
5. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)