|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To hide his identity.
(b) To woo a woman.
(c) To save some time.
(d) To reach his home.
2. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(b) There will be pork at the table.
(c) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(d) He hates Antonio.
3. What is Shylock's daughter most ashamed of?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her low social rank.
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(b) Generous lending.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Late payments.
5. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His beauty.
(b) His kind heart.
(c) His love.
(d) His actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to dine with Shylock the evening of the Masquerade?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
4. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
5. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)