|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
2. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He must pay the price.
(b) He is sworn to secrecy.
(c) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(d) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
3. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
4. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He lends money too generously.
(b) He is not fair in his dealings.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is in love with his daughter.
5. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
2. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
4. How does Shylock's daughter know Launcelot?
5. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)