|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) The cost is too high.
(c) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(d) The villain is being nice.
2. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) Portia's picture.
(b) The key to the master bedroom.
(c) A marriage certificate.
(d) Wedding rings.
3. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His mismatched clothing.
(b) His bad jokes.
(c) His lack of money or occupation.
(d) Not recognizing his own son.
4. What does Lorenzo say he is saving the woman he loves from?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her Jewish heritage.
(c) Her boredom.
(d) Her poverty.
5. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(c) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. What is Launcelot's occupation?
3. Why is Launcelot leaving Venice?
4. What religion does Shylock's daughter follow?
5. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)