|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
2. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He seems muddled in the head.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He lies openly.
3. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A living legend.
(c) A staged play.
(d) A book.
4. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He hates Antonio.
(b) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(c) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(d) There will be pork at the table.
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
2. What does Lorenzo say Shylock's only way to Heaven will be?
3. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
4. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
5. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)