|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is in love with his daughter.
(c) He lends money too generously.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Who he loves.
(b) How long he will be in town.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) How his father has been.
4. What does Launcelot do that breaks up the discussion about the masquerade?
(a) Announces that Bassanio is leaving Venice earlier than expected.
(b) Tells jokes.
(c) Delivers a letter.
(d) Brings news that the ball is cancelled.
5. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
4. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
5. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)