|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
2. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
(a) Run away from his master.
(b) Get married.
(c) Move out of Italy.
(d) Steal some money.
3. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) Portia's picture.
(b) A marriage certificate.
(c) Wedding rings.
(d) The key to the master bedroom.
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Generous lending.
5. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His ego.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
3. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
4. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)