|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(b) All his ships are currently sailing.
(c) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(d) Antonio is already deep in debt.
2. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) He must make up his own mind.
(b) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(c) The choice is not hers.
(d) She will marry no one.
3. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
4. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Meet at Antonio's house.
(b) Shake hands on the deal.
(c) Sign a contract.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
5. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
3. What is Launcelot's father's name?
4. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)