|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) A ship.
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) The villain is being nice.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
3. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
4. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(b) He must pay the price.
(c) He is sworn to secrecy.
(d) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
5. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His actions.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His love.
(d) His kind heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
3. Who is Bassanio in love with?
4. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
5. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)