|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(b) A ship.
2. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(b) He hates Antonio.
(c) There will be pork at the table.
(d) He puts no credence into a handshake.
3. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
4. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(b) He must make up his own mind.
(c) She will marry no one.
(d) The choice is not hers.
5. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(c) Worry over his ships.
(d) Competiton in the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
2. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
4. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
5. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)