|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The sincerity of the suitors.
(b) The courage of the suitors.
(c) The character of the suitors.
(d) The intent of the suitors.
2. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To reach his home.
(b) To hide his identity.
(c) To woo a woman.
(d) To save some time.
3. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
(a) His ego.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His dark skin.
(d) His clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
2. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
3. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
4. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)