|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(b) He is sworn to secrecy.
(c) He must pay the price.
(d) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
2. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(a) Five Percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Twenty Percent.
3. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) Portia's godfather.
(b) A merchant.
(c) Another suitor.
(d) Portia's father.
4. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) He hates Antonio.
(d) There will be pork at the table.
5. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(a) An English duke.
(c) The Moroccan prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
2. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
3. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
4. What is Launcelot's father's name?
5. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)