|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A staged play.
(b) A book.
(c) A dream.
(d) A living legend.
2. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His merchandise.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) His mother.
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) A book of decorum.
(b) The deed of inheritance.
(c) A royal decree.
(d) Her father's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
2. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
3. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
5. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)