|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) Worry over his ships.
(b) His mother's sickness.
(d) Competition in the market.
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) Her lady in waiting.
(b) His looks.
(c) His horse.
(d) His money.
3. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) All of his wares are insured.
(b) He cares not for money.
(c) His wares are on more than one ship.
(d) He has more than enough money.
4. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) Where he is going.
(c) Who he loves.
(d) How his father has been.
5. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) Portia's picture.
(b) Wedding rings.
(c) A marriage certificate.
(d) The key to the master bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Launcelot want to do when he first appears on stage?
2. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
3. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. Who is Launcelot's master?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)