|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
(a) His love.
(b) His actions.
(c) His beauty.
(d) His kind heart.
2. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) There will be pork at the table.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(d) He hates Antonio.
3. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
4. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A living legend.
(b) A book.
(c) A dream.
(d) A staged play.
5. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
3. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
4. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
5. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)