|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To reach his home.
(b) To save some time.
(c) To woo a woman.
(d) To hide his identity.
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(d) A portion of Antonio's company.
3. What religion does Shylock follow?
4. What does The Moroccan Prince think Portia does not like about him?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His dark skin.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His ego.
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) A merchant.
(b) Portia's father.
(c) Portia's godfather.
(d) Another suitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bassanio in love with?
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
3. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
4. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
5. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)