|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
2. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To hide his identity.
(b) To woo a woman.
(c) To save some time.
(d) To reach his home.
3. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(b) No humor.
4. What is the consequence of a suitor choosing the wrong chest?
(a) He must pledge his allegiance to Portia's household.
(b) He must pay the price.
(c) He cannot speak of marriage to any other woman.
(d) He is sworn to secrecy.
5. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Unexpected poverty.
(c) Late payments.
(d) Generous lending.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
2. What religion does Shylock follow?
3. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
4. What is Launcelot's occupation?
5. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)