|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) His wares are on more than one ship.
(b) He cares not for money.
(c) All of his wares are insured.
(d) He has more than enough money.
2. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(b) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(c) All his ships are currently sailing.
(d) Antonio is already deep in debt.
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To woo a woman.
(b) To reach his home.
(c) To hide his identity.
(d) To save some time.
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
2. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
3. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
4. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
5. What is Launcelot's occupation?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)