|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A book.
(d) A living legend.
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Twenty Percent.
(c) Five Percent.
(d) Ten percent.
4. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Sign a contract.
(b) Meet at Antonio's house.
(c) Dine with him and Antonio.
(d) Shake hands on the deal.
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
(a) His bad jokes.
(b) His lack of money or occupation.
(c) Not recognizing his own son.
(d) His mismatched clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
2. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
5. Who is Bassanio in love with?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)