|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is in love with his daughter.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He lends money too generously.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
2. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
3. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
4. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A book.
(b) A staged play.
(c) A dream.
(d) A living legend.
5. Who is Launcelot's master?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
2. What does Bassano demand of the man who begs to go on the journey with Bassanio?
3. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
4. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
5. What does the Moroccan want Portia to judge him by?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)