|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(b) Twenty Percent.
(c) Five Percent.
(d) Ten percent.
2. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Generous lending.
4. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
5. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) Portia's picture.
(b) A marriage certificate.
(c) The key to the master bedroom.
(d) Wedding rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
3. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)