|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
(a) They will not be allowed to ever marry if they choose incorrectly.
(b) Portia's dowry is insufficient.
(c) They only wanted a free trip, not a real bride.
(d) They realize that Portia is not as rich as they thought.
2. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He lends money too generously.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He is not fair in his dealings.
(d) He is in love with his daughter.
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How his father has been.
(b) How long he will be in town.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) Who he loves.
4. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) She already knows the kind of person he is.
(b) She will marry no one.
(c) He must make up his own mind.
(d) The choice is not hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants are attending the Moroccan prince?
2. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
3. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
4. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)