|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Launcelot's master?
2. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(c) No humor.
3. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
4. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
(a) The character of the suitors.
(b) The sincerity of the suitors.
(c) The intent of the suitors.
(d) The courage of the suitors.
5. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
(a) He must make up his own mind.
(b) She will marry no one.
(c) The choice is not hers.
(d) She already knows the kind of person he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Moroccan prince wearing when he first appears on stage?
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
3. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
4. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
5. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)