|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. What does the Moroccan prince beg Portia not to judge him by?
(a) His dark skin.
(b) His speech.
(c) His riches.
(d) His reputation.
3. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(d) A portion of Antonio's company.
5. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
5. What does Launcelot tease his father about when he sees him on the street?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)