|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
2. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She cannot make her own choices.
(b) She is shackled by her fortune.
(c) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(d) Her father and friend died.
3. Why does Launcelot think his master is a devil?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is cruel.
(c) He seems muddled in the head.
(d) He lies openly.
4. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
5. What physical ailment does Launcelot's father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
4. Who begs to travel with Bassanio on his journey before he leaves Venice?
5. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)