|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Three times the loan amount.
(b) Ten times the amount of the loan.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Twice the amount of the loan.
2. Who is the first person to attempt choosing one of the chests?
(a) An English duke.
(d) The Moroccan prince.
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He lends money too generously.
(c) He is not fair in his dealings.
(d) He is in love with his daughter.
4. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His merchandise.
(b) His mother.
(c) A loan he just took out.
(d) His melancholy.
5. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(d) A portion of Antonio's company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
2. Why has no suitor yet tried to choose one of the chests?
3. What is Launcelot's occupation?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. Who does Bassanio hire into his service before he leaves Venice?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)