|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
2. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(b) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(c) He hates Antonio.
(d) There will be pork at the table.
4. What religion does Shylock follow?
5. Who is Bassanio in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia really not like about the Moroccan Prince?
2. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does the Moroccan prince first touch land?
4. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
5. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)