|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) His merchandise.
(c) A loan he just took out.
(d) His melancholy.
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His money.
(b) His looks.
(c) Her lady in waiting.
(d) His horse.
3. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Late payments.
(b) Generous lending.
(d) Unexpected poverty.
5. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
2. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
3. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
4. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
5. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)