|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Antonio follow?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) His melancholy.
3. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
4. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He lends money too generously.
(c) He is in love with his daughter.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
5. What religion does Shylock follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
2. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
3. Who is Bassanio in love with?
4. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)