|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) The cost is too high.
(c) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(d) The villain is being nice.
2. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) How long he will be in town.
(b) How his father has been.
(c) Who he loves.
(d) Where he is going.
4. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) Her lady in waiting.
(b) His looks.
(c) His money.
(d) His horse.
5. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) Portia's father.
(b) Portia's godfather.
(c) A merchant.
(d) Another suitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
4. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)