|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
2. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) She cannot make her own choices.
(b) Her father and friend died.
(c) She is shackled by her fortune.
(d) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
3. What religion does Shylock follow?
4. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) His money.
(b) His horse.
(c) Her lady in waiting.
(d) His looks.
5. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A book.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A staged play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bassanio in love with?
2. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
5. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)