|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Generous lending.
(b) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
4. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Shake hands on the deal.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Meet at Antonio's house.
(d) Dine with him and Antonio.
5. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(d) No humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
4. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
5. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)