|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
2. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) The deed of inheritance.
(b) A royal decree.
(c) Her father's will.
(d) A book of decorum.
3. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) Another suitor.
(b) A merchant.
(c) Portia's father.
(d) Portia's godfather.
4. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(c) No humor.
5. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Who he loves.
(b) How his father has been.
(c) How long he will be in town.
(d) Where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
2. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
5. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)