|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
2. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
3. Who is Bassanio in love with?
4. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) His merchandise.
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) The deed of inheritance.
(b) A book of decorum.
(c) Her father's will.
(d) A royal decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
3. What religion does Antonio follow?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)