|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Shylock follow?
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(b) She cannot make her own choices.
(c) She is shackled by her fortune.
(d) Her father and friend died.
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(b) Late payments.
(c) Generous lending.
(d) Unexpected poverty.
5. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(b) Worry over his ships.
(d) Competiton in the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
3. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
4. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
5. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)