|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
(a) His mother's sickness.
(b) Worry over his ships.
(d) Competition in the market.
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
(a) Bassanio is his best friend.
(b) Bassanio is his brother.
(c) Bassanio is his uncle.
(d) Bassanio is his cousin.
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) The cost is too high.
(c) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(d) The villain is being nice.
4. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) His wares are on more than one ship.
(b) He cares not for money.
(c) All of his wares are insured.
(d) He has more than enough money.
5. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) All his ships are currently sailing.
(b) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(c) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(d) Antonio is already deep in debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
5. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)