|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(b) Generous lending.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Late payments.
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) All of his wares are insured.
(b) He has more than enough money.
(c) His wares are on more than one ship.
(d) He cares not for money.
4. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Who he loves.
(b) How long he will be in town.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) How his father has been.
5. What religion does Shylock follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
4. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
5. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)