|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
2. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
3. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) A royal decree.
(b) Her father's will.
(c) A book of decorum.
(d) The deed of inheritance.
4. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(b) A ship.
5. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
2. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
4. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
5. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)