|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has more than enough money.
(b) He cares not for money.
(c) His wares are on more than one ship.
(d) All of his wares are insured.
2. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(b) No humor.
3. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
4. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
(a) Five Percent.
(c) Twenty Percent.
(d) Ten percent.
5. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(b) His mother's sickness.
(c) Competiton in the market.
(d) Worry over his ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
3. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
4. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
5. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)