|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) A merchant.
(b) Another suitor.
(c) Portia's father.
(d) Portia's godfather.
2. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Who he loves.
(b) How his father has been.
(c) How long he will be in town.
(d) Where he is going.
4. What religion does Shylock follow?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) His wares are on more than one ship.
(b) He has more than enough money.
(c) All of his wares are insured.
(d) He cares not for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
4. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
5. What does Solanio think Antonio's sadness is about?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)