|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Antonio follow?
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Shake hands on the deal.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Dine with him and Antonio.
(d) Meet at Antonio's house.
3. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A staged play.
(b) A living legend.
(c) A dream.
(d) A book.
4. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) His mother.
5. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
(a) Her lady in waiting.
(b) His money.
(c) His looks.
(d) His horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. What religion does Shylock follow?
4. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
5. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)