|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) A marriage certificate.
(b) Portia's picture.
(c) Wedding rings.
(d) The key to the master bedroom.
2. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(b) A ship.
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
(a) Who he loves.
(b) Where he is going.
(c) How long he will be in town.
(d) How his father has been.
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A portion of Antonio's company.
(d) A pound of flesh.
5. Why does Portia tell her lady in waiting she is tired of the world?
(a) War and tyranny are frustrating her.
(b) She cannot make her own choices.
(c) Her father and friend died.
(d) She is shackled by her fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
2. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
3. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
4. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
5. Who is Bassanio in love with?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)