|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
2. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) The cost is too high.
(c) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(d) The villain is being nice.
3. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
4. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
5. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(b) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Generous lending.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
2. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
3. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
4. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
5. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)