|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her godfather.
2. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Dine with him and Antonio.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Meet at Antonio's house.
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The cost is too high.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
(d) The villain is being nice.
4. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has more than enough money.
(b) His wares are on more than one ship.
(c) All of his wares are insured.
(d) He cares not for money.
5. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
2. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
3. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
4. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
5. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)