|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A portion of Antonio's company.
(b) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
2. Who is Bassanio in love with?
3. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
(a) A book.
(b) A dream.
(c) A living legend.
(d) A staged play.
4. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
(a) No humor.
5. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Meet at Antonio's house.
(b) Dine with him and Antonio.
(c) Shake hands on the deal.
(d) Sign a contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
2. Who is meant to pick a husband for Portia?
3. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
4. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)