|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Antonio follow?
2. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
3. Who does Bassiano take out a loan from?
4. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
5. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
(a) Three times the loan amount.
(b) Twice the amount of the loan.
(c) The exact amount of the loan.
(d) Ten times the amount of the loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
2. How is Bassanio related to Antonio?
3. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
4. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
5. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)