|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
(d) A pound of flesh.
2. How many items do Portia's suitors have to choose from to win her hand in marriage?
3. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
(a) Sign a contract.
(b) Shake hands on the deal.
(c) Dine with him and Antonio.
(d) Meet at Antonio's house.
4. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(b) There will be pork at the table.
(c) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(d) He hates Antonio.
5. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
2. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
3. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
4. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)