|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the rules for Portia's suitors listed?
(a) A book of decorum.
(b) A royal decree.
(c) The deed of inheritance.
(d) Her father's will.
2. What does Bassanio need to borrow from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(b) A ship.
3. What does Gratiano tell Antonio not to become at the end of the book?
4. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
5. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
(a) To hide his identity.
(b) To save some time.
(c) To woo a woman.
(d) To reach his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
2. How much money will Antonio earn when his investments come to fruition?
3. Who is Bassanio in love with?
4. What did one of Portia's suitors have too much fondness for?
5. What does Antonio compare life on this earth to?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)