|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
2. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(b) Late payments.
(c) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Generous lending.
3. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
(a) A merchant.
(b) Portia's godfather.
(c) Another suitor.
(d) Portia's father.
4. Who of the following is not a merchant in Venice?
5. What was one of Portia's suitors addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
2. Which of these is NOT a fault Portia saw in some of her past suitors?
3. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
4. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
5. Why is Antonio not worried about his wealth at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)