|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
(b) His mother's sickness.
(c) Competiton in the market.
(d) Worry over his ships.
2. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) His melancholy.
(c) His merchandise.
(d) A loan he just took out.
3. Why is Bassiano so nervous about Antonio signing the loan agreement?
(a) The villain is being nice.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) The cost is too high.
(d) He fears for Antonio's reputation.
4. What does the money lender want if the loan that Bassanio needs cannot be repaid?
(a) A promise that Antonio will never touch his daughter.
(b) A portion of Antonio's company.
(c) A pound of flesh.
(d) A signed deed of Antnio's land.
5. What religion does Antonio follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio ask Bassanio about when they are left alone at the beginning of the play?
2. Where is the person coming from whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
3. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
4. What is the name of Portia's lady in waiting?
5. Why does Bassanio need to borrow something from Antonio at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)