|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the correct suitor find inside the correct item in order to win Portia's hand in marriage?
(a) The key to the master bedroom.
(b) Portia's picture.
(c) Wedding rings.
(d) A marriage certificate.
2. What has lowered the interest rates on loans in Venice?
(a) Generous lending.
(b) Unexpected poverty.
(d) Late payments.
3. Why does the money lender refuse to complete the loan process in the way Bassanio suggests?
(a) He refuses to sign anything until he sees proof of the guarantee.
(b) There will be pork at the table.
(c) He puts no credence into a handshake.
(d) He hates Antonio.
4. What religion does Shylock follow?
5. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(b) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(c) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(d) All his ships are currently sailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much interest is being charged on the loan to Bassanio?
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. What does Salarino think Antonio's sadness is about?
4. Whose arrival is announced at the end of the second scene?
5. What does Bassanio ask the man he is getting the loan from to do in order to complete the loan process?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)