Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His mother.
(b) His merchandise.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) A loan he just took out.
2. Why does Shylock hate Antonio?
(a) He lends money too generously.
(b) He is in love with his daughter.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not fair in his dealings.
3. What does Shylock tell his daughter not to do on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Worry about him.
(b) Look out the window.
(c) Have visitors.
(d) Attend the ball.
4. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
(a) She eats pork.
(b) She is too nice.
(c) She is in love with a Christian.
(d) She is generous with her money.
5. What does Portia give Bassanio as a token of her love?
(a) A ring.
(b) A book.
(c) A crown.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Lorenzo to change his plans on the night of the masquerade?
2. Why does the second suitor choose to forgo the gold casket?
3. Which casket does the second suitor choose?
4. Who does Shylock's daughter want to marry?
5. What does Portia tell Lorenzo she will do to help Bassanio in his quest?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)