|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His merchandise.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) His mother.
2. What religion does Antonio follow?
3. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
(a) Be his partner for the night.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be his torchbearer.
(d) Steal money from her father.
4. What does Jessica plan to do while her father is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Drug his food with a sleeping draught.
(b) Ask him to convert to Christianity with her.
(c) Run away with Lorenzo.
(d) Sneak out and attend the masquerade.
5. What is the title of the second guest at Belmont while Bassanio is sailing there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Shylock not approve of his daughter's choice in husband?
2. What is inside the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
3. How does Portia react when she sees what is in the casket chosen by the guest at Belmont?
4. What is the name of Shylock's daughter?
5. How much money did Jessica spend in one night?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)