Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His merchandise.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His melancholy.
(d) His mother.
2. Why is guaranteeing this loan so dangerous to Antonio?
(a) Antonio is already deep in debt.
(b) Antonio is known for defaulting on loans.
(c) Antonio is not even using the money for himself.
(d) All his ships are currently sailing.
3. Who of the following is NOT present to discuss the masquerade?
4. What does Shylock tell Jessica to do while he is dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) Attend with him.
(b) Go to bed early.
(c) Lock the doors and windows.
(d) Serve him well.
5. How does the guest at Belmont react when he sees what is in the casket he has chosen?
(a) He leaves the scene quickly.
(b) He laughs at the wit of Portia's father.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He starts raving furiously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shylock's daughter sad to see leave?
2. Why does Gratiano say Jessica is not a true Jew?
3. Why does Gratiano not attend the masquerade?
4. Where is Bassanio heading to after speaking with Gratiano?
5. Why is Antonio sad when Shylock has realized his daughter is gone?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)