|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antony concerned about at the beginning of the play?
(a) His melancholy.
(b) A loan he just took out.
(c) His mother.
(d) His merchandise.
2. What do Portia's suitors have to choose from in order to win her hand in marriage?
3. Who does Launcelot want to work for?
4. Who does Shylock's daughter write a letter to before Bassanio leaves Venice?
5. Where will Shylock be dining on the night of the masquerade?
(a) In the privacy of his home.
(b) With Bassanio.
(c) At a tavern.
(d) At the masquerade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Portia's father want to determine through his test of chests?
2. What will Jessica do for Lorenzo the night of the masquerade?
3. Who does Lorenzo give his letter to after reading it?
4. Why does Portia say it does not matter how she judges him?
5. What does Jessica hope to lose on the night of the masquerade?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)